Author Topic: deep overbite after surgery  (Read 6546 times)

Ben30

deep overbite after surgery
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »
I have a 4mm overbite after upper jaw advancement surgery while I only have a minimum overjet. I find this overbite distressing,  most of the bite pressure is at the front teet. Does anyone else have this problem post surgery?

Ben30

Re: deep overbite after surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:30:44 AM »
Here's the proof of jaw impaction. Incisors same edge to edge position. Before surgery and after surgery photo.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ben30

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »
I'm getting no where with this, it's still distressing over 3 years after surgery. 

marcus3415

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »
This looks disheartening. Elaborate on the case a bit more. And put it in the general thread.

Ben30

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »
I've talked about it in other topics, emotional support and surgery questions. Yeah it's disheartening I can't forget the injustice, the incompetence of those responsible as my mouth is constantly uncomfortable. I think about it almost every minute of every day that I'm awake for the last 3 + years. The largest movement I got from surgery was the impaction of the left hand upper teeth and yet it is not even recognized by anyone envolved like 4mm+ is so tiny.

marcus3415

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:29:39 AM »
What about a revision? Find a better Surgeon? It sucks but its detrimental to your life maybe it's the best option. I am guessing you're in NHS BC half the botched surgeries are

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »
What about a revision? Find a better Surgeon? It sucks but its detrimental to your life maybe it's the best option. I am guessing you're in NHS BC half the botched surgeries are
Some of the best results I've seen were done for free.

Ben30

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 02:21:32 PM »
Self funded, hard to get revision not sure where to turn I've seen other surgeons and orthodontists. I even began to have pre molar extractions reversed which I probably would have continued with but I was not sure it would give me what I wanted so I discontinued that. At the very basic side of it my upper front teeth need to be another.5mm or the overbite needs to be reduced by 1~2mm. Pretty hard to get any help and no one sees an issue with the over bite, and everything I've tried so far leads to wasted money. So I'm just enduring it until a miracle comes along.

Ben30

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 04:05:24 AM »
I'm still going with this. I've learnt a bit more over the last few months. The posterior impaction shows on my lips too as,post surgery, they are now squished where as before they where full.

The lower facial height is no longer sufficient and requires the lost vertical dimension to be restored.

My atempt through small claims court has failed, everything to move forward has failed but I'm not ready to give up, I'm now asking a proffesor at a local university for his assistance.

kjohnt

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 09:15:51 PM »
There is no overbite or overjet at all, this is edge to edge.  Your maxilla needs more width and advancement relative to mandible, and further it appears your ortho failed as well because your lower premolars and canines appear to have underwent excessive lingual tipping.

Ben30

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 12:04:14 AM »
Hello kjohnt
The photos are only for the purposes of showing the change in the occlusal plan by way of surgical posterior impaction of the maxilla, something denied by surgeon and ortho. This has caused my bite to collapase (verticle deficiency)drastically aging my face. I now have overjet~dentally correct, and excessive overbite.
Yes the tipping of my lower teeth inwards was something the orthodontist called decompensation. It is a daily difficulty for me to let this injustice go because if the surgeon and ortho accepted the truth of the surgical outcone I would be covered for a revision at no cost to them by the government here but their egos prevent it~they have preferred to question my sainity.

kjohnt

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »
Maybe it's because you posted the same photo for before and after?  I see no over bite and 0mm overjet.

Ben30

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 08:33:11 PM »
Exactly. The photos show the change of the occlusal plan via posterior impaction. The occlusal plan to line ans pns was in the normal range before surgery. After surgery it has changed by double digit degrees to well outside of the normal range. Post surgery, now, I can achieve a 4mm overbit depth and there is a 2mm overjet. The photos are for comparison purposes to illuatrate the impaction. Thanks.