Author Topic: Will I look better?  (Read 17218 times)

Serra

• Private
Re: Will I look better?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 04:41:00 AM »
I don't know if tads meant you can't wear lingual braces. I thought you couldn't wear lingual braces for jaw surgery.

I saw someone who had a small upper jaw impaction with about as much gummy show as yours and I think her tooth show was acceptable after.

The choice is yours in the end, but I'm just making you aware.

Surgery always has risks. I was deprived of informed consent and there are deformities in my face caused by the surgery that I cannot find one successful reparation case of. It always fails.

You can always get SG if tads fix your bite, and I cringe saying that because I don't recommend SG. After the jaw surgery I also constantly have hemifacial cheek spasms

As for TADs, it's best to consult with numerous orthos. The ones I saw said it may not work, but there are drastically successful cases online now, where yes, their profile was improved.

I don't know if the distance between your nose and mouth will look different. The soft tissue will stay the same and may or may not look bigger if the upper jaw is advanced, but that's something u have to research on your own.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 05:15:07 AM »
I don't know if tads meant you can't wear lingual braces. I thought you couldn't wear lingual braces for jaw surgery.

Surgeons say lingual braces don't get in their way, it's just that they prefer the teeth to be as lined up as possible before surgery.  But apparently lingual braces lack the precision.  From what I've heard they are also a pain to keep clean and murder on the tongue (think what the normal braces do to your cheeks and lips, but to the tongue instead).

swisser

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 01:32:30 AM »
If you have lingual braces you will need additional hooks on the front for a while after surgery for the elastics.

Otherwise they are as precise as other braces. Also not that uncomfortable - you get used to it after a week.

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 07:39:42 PM »
I think you're pretty and shouldn't touch your face. Probably not what you want to hear, but as a girl who appreciates the faces of other girls, I can tell you that you have nice bone structure and a unique (not ugly!) look. I don't think that balance in profile is everything. Your features balance each other out in different ways. Either way, your face looks balanced and pretty. Just my opinion.

JayJaw

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 09:10:36 AM »
The distance between your nose and lips will not change with surgery. You can't change that. If you shorten the maxilla, you just get your teeth moving upwards behind the lips (so less gums show) which will shorten your facial height by changing lip to chin distance. The only way to get your chin further out is either rotation of maxilla or SG.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 10:58:19 AM »
I have an appointment with the orthodentist in 2 weeks. I'll see what she offers me to do. I'll try talking to her about miniscrews... though will it be visible whatsoever? I mean I'm actually in a job search and don't want my looks to be affected in case I get any interviews  :(

This is another picture I just edited. I didn't hide my face this time and that's why I won't let them online for long... but it was just to show you how I could look if i got surgery... in my opinion I would be 10 times better and would be much more confident.
I don't know... sometimes I think it's worth the try, isn't it? (<-- if I end up looking like on the right)

no it won't be visible. don't get extractions. trust me. just don't.

Balanced

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 01:48:54 PM »
I agree here with the views that:
1) you look great - i would kill for that smile by the way - you are too close to ideal for all of that surgery to be worth the risks - i have experience of the risks btw!
2) if you must do somethings TADs / miniscrews etc esp on the upper seem like a better option - therefore no surgery on the upper - etc as said by Serra
3) as Lazlo said dont have extractions

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 08:07:41 PM »
mouth breathing is a problem. find a max fac who will do this without extractions. try and get an ortho who does damon braces. you might be able to achieve the same look with just a genioplasty.

Css9

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 08:36:23 AM »
You're already quite attractive in my opinion

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 06:12:30 AM »
I most definitely think that this procedure would make you look better. Do you really need to look better, though? If your current looks suffice to provide you with a fulfilling emotional/sexual life I would recommend careful consideration before undergoing surgery.

terry947

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 12:48:38 PM »
my opinion is that good looks is largely related to your eyes and you have pretty eyes. So what ever procedure you do is like a bonus. Just make sure you get the right one. I've read that getting an SG is risky depending on your jaw angle, it can make the face look longer.