Author Topic: Sunken cheek after surgery and looking for answers  (Read 13217 times)

Serra

• Private
Re: Sunken cheek after surgery and looking for answers
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »
Paul Johnson, in the UK though.

Chin wise it's probably a little prettier than before (minus the dimpling), despite being a class ii originally my chin was kind of strong so that bastard butcher had no business advancing the thing - I did not consent to that or a whole bunch of other things *sighs*.

So your Dr Asshole didn't fully reverse it? What an asshole! What's your next move?

Does Johnson say the dimple is from scar tissue only? That occurred only after the revision, right?
Lol, he says he did but he didn't. From my profile, I can barely tell a difference from before the last surgery and the difference between now and pre-op is staggering. He says it's all soft tissue/scar tissue, lol! The only thing he says now is he can offer me botox every 4 months for $250 a pop, which apparently is cheaper than a plastic surgeon's office. From what I've read online, his botox price for chin dimples is very inflated. He also told me he's had the same thing happen with other chin surgery patients. THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME PRE-OP WHEN I KEPT ASKING YOU ABOUT THE RISKS? Ugh.

I've contacted a lawyer and am waiting to hear back. I hope he doesn't want to not take my case. He told me to call him back after my last appointment with Dr. Asshole. I've seen other drs and one has offered a mentalis resuspension but no one wants to touch the bone.

How's your bottom lip though? Has it changed in size or appearance?

girl

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »
VERY glad to hear the fix up went well Modigliani.  :D

What would you say the aesthetic problems were with the genio before your revision took place? 

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 02:04:14 AM »
Yeah, he reckons it's just scar tissue, he did warn me before the revision that it was a possibility. He saw me 5 weeks post op when it was at it's worst and just said it would soften over the coming months. I went home and cried as I was convinced it was just the usual bulls**t surgeon brushoff but it has softened considerably in just weeks.

Feeling is coming back in my lower lip, with just the right corner remaining numb, funnily enough feeling came back in the same exact pattern before. At first it was thin and kind of inverted, very odd looking but it's slowly returned back to normal, maybe a touch thinner?

Cheers ra, it's been a loooong road as you know  ;)
The butchered genio was a masculine block that stuck out like a shelf, it had no business being on my face and anyone with eyes in their head could see that. To be honest, I was more bothered by the open bite and zero incisor show (PJ ended up using mandible bone to downgraft the maxilla 4mm so I avoided the dreaded hip scar, clever stuff) but yeah the chin was a horror story too.

Just remembered PJ said something about how he was going to angle his cuts to 'fill in' the step off, it was more him thinking out loud and I didn't press him because as I said, the chin was the least of my worries. The right side still has a small step off if I'm going to be critical but overall I'm thrilled  :)

girl

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 05:32:56 PM »
Hooray! :D It's always good to hear about positive outcomes emerging from horrendous f**k ups. ;D And great that you're thrilled already because it's still very early days for you. That step off could probably be tackled with filler - I wouldn't bother with that bone putty stuff unless it's a very large gap.

Was the surgeon's goal to achieve your desired outcome prior to the botch job, or restore you to your original appearance as much as possible?

It's amazing how a 4mm change can be so major when bone's involved (I swear my chin was about 2 inches bigger initially), yet these ham fisted doctors treat peoples' faces like martial arts chopping blocks.

IMO, that masculine block look is the hallmark of an unskilled surgeon's work. Hacking a great big vertical chunk off the front of the face and shoving it forward is the maxillofacial equivalent of giving someone a 60s nose job, or a "screamer" face lift. There are many ways in which the bone can be cut and advanced, and IMO it should never be done like that.

I hope that one day, these dangerous doctors find themselves on the dole queue where they belong.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 07:08:00 AM »
Modigliani, did you have Bimax + Genio with Mommaerts? What was your original diagnosis, class 2 long face?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »
Modigliani, did you have Bimax + Genio with Mommaerts? What was your original diagnosis, class 2 long face?

Yes to all of the above.
The man needs a bullet, put us all out of our misery.

Serra

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »
I now have my clinical photos of pre op, and after the first and second surgeries. My cheeks/chin line in 3/4 view were the same.

I don't have 3/4 view clinical photos of now, after the third surgery, but all my own pictures are consistent.

It seems like my chin was put on crooked (one side more advanced)  and is making me severely asymmetrical.

FML.

I need a 4th surgery on my chin, and with each one the soft tissue gets worse. And no one wants to touch me because of what that asshole did against my consent in my 3rd surgery.