Author Topic: 5 Weeks Post-Op 3-Piece Lefort 1 - Concerned  (Read 3677 times)

tylerjwilson

5 Weeks Post-Op 3-Piece Lefort 1 - Concerned
« on: July 15, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
I'm 5 weeks and a few days post-op on having a 3-piece Lefort 1 on 6/8/16.  I had a splint on the top which was just removed 2 days ago, where I had to promptly go get all the surgical hooks removed and a new archwire installed on the top and bottom, since the top one was cut into 3 sections to move my upper jaw around.  During the recovery, it seemed like my upper jaw was moved too far forward and that my midline was lined up properly.  After the splint was removed, my midline is way off, and my front teeth bite down almost directly on top of my bottom teeth...which is better than it was before obviously, but clearly not the outcome I was hoping for.  My orthodontist said I would have about 6 months braces work after the surgery, however, judging by other people who had upper jaw surgery to correct an underbite, I feel like mine didn't go as I had hoped. 

Posted a few pictures, also one of the swelling where the splint was...this has since gone down..still a little tender.

Do I need to be concerned, or do you think this is correctable with orthodontics now?  I will not do the surgery again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

thinkingme

Re: 5 Weeks Post-Op 3-Piece Lefort 1 - Concerned
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 06:33:23 PM »
Generally surgeons moves jaws more forward because of relapse. Relapse is more strong at first months. And elastics can move midline correct because jaws not %100 stable now. Hope not more relapse and u will be good.

marcus3415

Re: 5 Weeks Post-Op 3-Piece Lefort 1 - Concerned
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 08:41:43 PM »
Bring these concerns up with your surgeon ASAP they're valid