Author Topic: Bioactive glass implants  (Read 1803 times)

timang

Bioactive glass implants
« on: June 04, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »
I came across this site http://www.skulleimplants.com/. It seems very promising. This could be a much better option than chin wing and current mandible and orbital rim implants.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:34:04 AM by timang »

terry947

Re: Bioactive glass implants
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:43:52 PM »
seems cool but most likely won't be coming any time soon.

Lestat

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 03:38:46 PM »
VERY INTERESTING!

I hope they will be available soon... ???

Bacteriostatic

On average, a third of all implants installed in the cranial region become infected. Bioactive glass promotes the growth of new bone and has been clinically proven to create a bacteriostatic environment around the implant. As a result, with GLACE™ Implants, the risk of infection is minimal.

Sandwich structure

The unique composite structure of GLACE™ allows instant absorption of body fluids into the implant, so new bone formation begins at the surgery. The tissue compatibility of GLACE™ Implants helps ensure clinical success, with the implant setting firmly as part of the patient’s skull.

Easy installation

Instead of being placed in the bone defect, GLACE™ Implants are installed on top of the patient’s bone margin using self-drilling titanium screws. The higher installation tolerance translates into easier and more successful surgeries.

Imagined for imaging

The raw materials of GLACE™ Implants are non-metallic and specially produced for Skulle Implants Corporation. This ensures that they do not interfere with MRI results or radiotherapy.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 06:29:33 PM »
looks excellent to me

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 01:39:40 AM »
looks excellent to me

To me too. I will try to contact the company for more information.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »
Here's the billion dollar question: do the implants allow for them to be taken over by real bone and then disappear? Or do you always have this "glace" substance in you and also what the hell is this glace substane made of anyway?

So far it just looks like custom made implants of any other material: medpor etc. etc.