Author Topic: Liposuction under the mandible  (Read 9637 times)

needadvancement

Liposuction under the mandible
« on: June 04, 2015, 12:02:46 PM »
I've seen cases where this is combined with a lefort or sliding genioplasty and it always improves the lower half of the face. It appears to not only get rid of the double chin look but also makes the whole jawline more defined. Anybody considering this as well? Later this year I'm getting gynecomastia surgery and for an extra thousand bucks I could get this on top. I feel like this is a must for people like me with recessed and short mandible/chin.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Liposuction under the mandible
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »
I've seen cases where this is combined with a lefort or sliding genioplasty and it always improves the lower half of the face. It appears to not only get rid of the double chin look but also makes the whole jawline more defined. Anybody considering this as well? Later this year I'm getting gynecomastia surgery and for an extra thousand bucks I could get this on top. I feel like this is a must for people like me with recessed and short mandible/chin.

YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL. The results of lipo to under the neck can be disasterous leaving the area lumpy and uneven. What you want, and what likely lead to the defined chin in the people you've seen is a SUBMENTAL LIPECTOMY.

This is a procedure where the surgeon creates an incision under your chin (it will leave a small scar) and actually carves out the fat, not sucks it. The result of this looks great on most people, but it will leave a scar.

Dr. Sinn is definitely doing this to me when I get my first round of surgeries.

needadvancement

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:46:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I'm reading into it, so you're recommending a necklift? I could be wrong but it sounds like this is more of a procedure for older people with sagging skin, I've heard some younger people don't like the "tightness" that it gives them around the neck..

I change my mind on the jawline though, I don't need definition there since my ramus is so asymetrical on both sides. I would be glad with losing fat underneath the chin so that it looks like my chin is longer from profile, what do you think?

Serra

• Private

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 05:40:31 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. I'm reading into it, so you're recommending a necklift? I could be wrong but it sounds like this is more of a procedure for older people with sagging skin, I've heard some younger people don't like the "tightness" that it gives them around the neck..

I change my mind on the jawline though, I don't need definition there since my ramus is so asymetrical on both sides. I would be glad with losing fat underneath the chin so that it looks like my chin is longer from profile, what do you think?
Fat is great at hiding asymmetry.  Had I stayed fat, I would have been none the wiser (back then I didn't even know what ramus  and gonial angles were).  Alas, what is once known, cannot be unknown.

Mark505

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 08:08:07 AM »
Fat is great at hiding asymmetry. Had I stayed fat, I would have been none the wiser (back then I didn't even know what ramus  and gonial angles were).  Alas, what is once known, cannot be unknown.

I can confirm that. I know when my mug used to be packed with fat, my asymmetrical eye-balls position looked way more symmetrical which could be even seen in my ID images.

needadvancement

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »
Yeah I changed my mind on the jawline, plus it's more invasive and risky too. I'll stick to losing fat underneath the chin so that it looks like my chin is longer from profile like I said earlier. Hopefully Lazlo replies he seems to know his stuff on this.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 04:40:02 PM »
Yeah I changed my mind on the jawline, plus it's more invasive and risky too. I'll stick to losing fat underneath the chin so that it looks like my chin is longer from profile like I said earlier. Hopefully Lazlo replies he seems to know his stuff on this.
No guarantee, but a chin wing can help with asymmetry a lot.

needadvancement

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 04:45:06 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/sHHmJc7.jpg

Here you can see the difference of height on my left and right ramus. The soft tissue hides it pretty well but yeah, I won't be doing a necklift.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 05:30:09 PM »
your ramus asymmetry can be changed through osteotomy by a surgeon. what do you want to know? Don't get lipo. Get a "submental lipectomy" it will slice out the fat pad underneath the neck. If you're really fat you may have a bit of loose skin, but sometimes the skin tightens. You have to post real pics of yourself or send them to me for me to adequately advise you. And still there is chance and luck.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/sHHmJc7.jpg

Here you can see the difference of height on my left and right ramus. The soft tissue hides it pretty well but yeah, I won't be doing a necklift.
Mine is worse.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
I got chin lipo cos I naturally carried a lot of fat there.  They used mcro cannulas and when in just under the ear, and under the chin, scar negligable.  It looked way better but I did get some nerve damage that took a little time to heal (wonky smile for some weeks)
And yes, it does expose asymmetry

Serra

• Private
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 07:04:40 AM »
I got chin lipo cos I naturally carried a lot of fat there.  They used mcro cannulas and when in just under the ear, and under the chin, scar negligable.  It looked way better but I did get some nerve damage that took a little time to heal (wonky smile for some weeks)

Did it mess with your smile only or your resting lip posture/symmetry?

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
Did it mess with your smile only or your resting lip posture/symmetry?

Smile and speech, half of my mouth would sometimes 'freeze', and not move especially when laughing...it was rather disconcerting but it did heal.  I'm not sure if it was actual nerve damage, or swelling pressing against the nerve

My lips are fuller on one side but I'm pretty sure they always were.  I didn't scrutinise my face so much before going down the jaw surgery rabbit hole.  I do have a crossbite so it could be caused by that

needadvancement

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 01:04:29 PM »

So it was lipo and not cut manually, is it smooth and without bumps now?

Also, I don't know if you've had jaw surgery already but I'm wondering about wether the neck will feel too tight since both the lipo and JS will stretch the skin.

Thanks for chiming in.