Author Topic: Liposuction under the mandible  (Read 9631 times)

Tiny

• Private
Re: Liposuction under the mandible
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 03:55:08 AM »
So it was lipo and not cut manually, is it smooth and without bumps now?

Yes.  It was vaser and no bumps.

Re: skin stretching, well, think about how big breast implants are and the skin seems to cope

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 08:12:54 AM »
http://mykybella.com

Seems promising
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

april

• Private
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 05:14:04 AM »
Kybella does sound good.
Looks like it's generally the same price as traditional lipo, but less invasive and less downtime.
But obviously results would be more gradual / per session.

But it seems like it can only be done directly under the chin, not near the jawline/jowls/neck (I think normal lipo can go in those areas? but I might be wrong - I've only just started looking into it).

I'm thinking of doing lipo before jaw surgery. I know it sounds wrong and it's better to see if the mandibular advancement will tighten up the area first (it's only 5mm though), but my way of thinking is - what if just the lipo is enough? what if it returns my definition and I'm happy and can skip surgery all together?

The biggest thing I miss is the definition around my jawline. I look like a potato now.

But I don't know if it's fat or excess skin or both (I can grab fat, but I also have a bit of crepey skin developing). If it's mostly skin, it could be a disaster!

needadvancement

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 11:41:39 AM »
Hey april, just wanted to add that I've had an osteotomy since making this thread and by moving the bones forward/lower it has tightened up my neck significantly, I can notice it even though it's only been a week since surgery so it will even get better. Just wanted to give some advice, IMO jaw surgery should be done first as you may not need/want lipo afterwards. Sounds like this has lots of risks too:

KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness.
The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®.

Wouldn't the easiest be that new lipo where they sort of 'freeze' the fat away? Maybe there's a lot of risks there too I don't know.

kjohnt

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »
I don't understand the need.  If you have extra fat, diet and exercise will get rid of it.  Save surgery for things which simply cannot be altered without, e.g. bone tissue.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 02:49:16 PM »
When I had my deviated septum fixed by a board certified ENT & Plastic Surgeon he asked me if I wanted chin lipo for an extra $1200.  He's a NYC Park Ave doctor so I felt like I was in good hands. It was definitely worth it and the recovery was nothing. A little pins and needles for a few days to a week. No lumps or asymmetry.  Actually I kinda enjoyed the pins and needles especially when I shaved. It went away though and my neck area was definitely tighter after. Unfortunately it could only do so much since I have a recessed mandible.  I'm a wuss so if I can say it's an easy procedure then it definitely is.  If you can handle double jaw surgery then you can handle lipo anywhere about 10x easier.
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »
I don't understand the need.  If you have extra fat, diet and exercise will get rid of it.  Save surgery for things which simply cannot be altered without, e.g. bone tissue.
There are ripped guys with chubby faces and chubby guys with gaunt faces.

april

• Private
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 04:06:46 AM »
Kybella does sound good.
Looks like it's generally the same price as traditional lipo, but less invasive and less downtime.
But obviously results would be more gradual / per session.

But it seems like it can only be done directly under the chin, not near the jawline/jowls/neck (I think normal lipo can go in those areas? but I might be wrong - I've only just started looking into it).

I'm thinking of doing lipo before jaw surgery. I know it sounds wrong and it's better to see if the mandibular advancement will tighten up the area first (it's only 5mm though), but my way of thinking is - what if just the lipo is enough? what if it returns my definition and I'm happy and can skip surgery all together?

The biggest thing I miss is the definition around my jawline. I look like a potato now.

But I don't know if it's fat or excess skin or both (I can grab fat, but I also have a bit of crepey skin developing). If it's mostly skin, it could be a disaster!

Well, damn. Updating this a year later. I went for a lipo consult last week and, as I feared, there is a lot of skin. He asked me if I have had experienced a massive weight loss...(I haven't). He said it was quite unusual.

I'm not ideal, but he would still do it. I would be at risk of being left with a fold or wrinkle in the skin. He said it might be hidden under the chin anyway. Too risky to go ahead without exactly knowing what the outcome would be.

ITALIA

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
^^^

Dr Guyuron did my submental lipectomy and it made a huge difference - If thats the surgery you need I would reccomend him.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 06:18:35 PM »
^^^

Dr Guyuron did my submental lipectomy and it made a huge difference - If thats the surgery you need I would reccomend him.

thanks Italia was there any scar or loose skin?

scramfranklin

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 05:25:14 AM »
From what I understand, a low hyoid bone can also cause under your chin to look bad. It may be worth it to get that checked out as well.

ITALIA

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »
thanks Italia was there any scar or loose skin?

No loose skin but there is a miner scar under my chin.

needadvancement

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 05:12:29 PM »
From what I understand, a low hyoid bone can also cause under your chin to look bad. It may be worth it to get that checked out as well.

Doesn't that bone get "lifted" after most jaw augmentation surgeries?

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 03:32:06 AM »

Not just a low hyoid but also a forward set one, I have a low-ish set hyoid and slightly recessed jaws but my submental is okay. This is partly because my hyoid is far back relative to my jaws.

april

• Private
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2017, 07:28:30 AM »

Well, damn. Updating this a year later. I went for a lipo consult last week and, as I feared, there is a lot of skin. He asked me if I have had experienced a massive weight loss...(I haven't). He said it was quite unusual.

I'm not ideal, but he would still do it. I would be at risk of being left with a fold or wrinkle in the skin. He said it might be hidden under the chin anyway. Too risky to go ahead without exactly knowing what the outcome would be.

So I saw a different surgeon and she seems to think lipo should be fine with my skin. She's a plastic surgeon but she doesn't specialize in just lipo; the other surgeon specializes pretty much exclusively in lipo (but is a cosmetic surgeon).

With such a widely different opinion, who to trust?
She did mention something about having 'poor attachment' to the hyoid, but I'm not sure what that means exactly.
My hyoid https://i.imgur.com/TQTzXv6.jpg

It's actually not as awfully bad IRL as it looks in the ceph, but when I turn my head to the side it looks pretty sloped.
https://imgur.com/aFyRPne

Maxfac said my throat length was 36, should be at least 40.

I really need to lose at least 2-3kg to get back to what I was last year, but I've always had a bit of a neck problem.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:15:45 AM by april »