Author Topic: Sagging cheeks after Lefort 1  (Read 24813 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Sagging cheeks after Lefort 1
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 06:32:14 AM »
I've booked a consult for radiesse to the upper cheekbone :) I hope it works out.

Isn't that a permanent filler?  If you want to try to fix it with filler, why not try a non-permanent one first?

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 06:06:21 AM »
It is. It lasts about 2 years. My consult is coming up soon. I'm terrified. I start school soon, so I can't take time off for swelling :/ It's now or winter break. Saline seems like a good option, but I've heard that it isn't always an accurate representation due to the different viscosity. I guess it's better than nothing though?

Radiesse is apparently better for supporting soft tissue, as it is calcium hydroxyapatite which is injected right onto the bone. Juvederm is an HA (I know that you all know this lol -- i'm just writing this out to organize my own thoughts, being sleep deprived and whatnot), so it is temporary and reversible. The only problem with that is that it is soft and does not provide as much 'bony support' as Radiesse.

I paid 250 for the consult fee (that I will get back if I cancel at least 24 hours before the date).

My sister thinks I should lose about 20-30 lbs first (I weigh 125) and see if that decreases the malar fat pads. I actually do have nice cheekbones, as far as height and shape go, but they are just very small. What a nightmare it would be to pay for permanent injections, only to look worse :/

I feel bad for harping on about this, but these cheeks are really bugging me. I will gladly share photos via private message if you have any suggestions as to what might look good.

Anyway, this is the guy I'm thinking of going to for fillers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3jbKH-RIew

Has anyone been to him or heard about him?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:15:03 AM by screwsandplates »

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
It's been a year and a half unfortunately :(

I agree with gaunt faces looking weird, but Idk what to do at this point.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »
I think you should absolutely go for this procedure. I think you're pretty as is, but this might give you that perfect finish. It's great that it's done on the bone, lasts for a long time and actually there's nothing foreign to your own body.  And this doc looks like he knows what he's doing. Let us know how it goes. This sounds amazing and I'd totally do it myself after jaw surgery to give that finishing edge.

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 06:46:08 PM »
Thank you! I hope I don't come out looking like Jigsaw.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 10:22:41 PM »
Thank you! I hope I don't come out looking like Jigsaw.

Don't worry you'll be fine, and this too alas will dissipate. Though I have heard that people who have this done multiple times over the years end up with a permanent result. So it'll only be permanent if you end up liking it and repeat the procedure. I think you'll look great.

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 01:35:09 PM »
Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!

Bobbit

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 07:28:34 PM »
Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!

How did it go ?

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 07:26:17 PM »
How did it go ?

Hey there. I'm back on this site after a long hiatus. I ended up getting filler in my upper cheek. It wasn't with Dr. Diamond, but some other surgeon (Dr. T). It made my eyes look youthful and bright because of the support it offered, but the dude is too hung up on lateral projection. It just doesn't suit come people (like those with long faces ... me). He did a nice job on the right side, but then when he got to the left side, he made an "oh s**t" face. I now see why. It looks... ok now. I had it done about 8 months ago. I want it to go away soon. I probably have another year and a half before it does. The sagging didn't go away. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's volume loss. It isn't. I should have had a facelift.

I'll possibly post photos if anyone would like to see.

I'm on the hunt for a good facelift surgeon (among other surgeons for other reasons). I wish I had just gotten one ASAP after my surgery (once it healed). I emailed my jaw surgeon and asked for his advice. Hopefully he gets back to me.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 08:27:55 PM »
If you have a bone deficiency a facelift may only make things worse.

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 11:29:03 PM »
If you have a bone deficiency a facelift may only make things worse.

How so? I definitely have a weaker midface and orbital area, but i feel like with some re-suspension it could look nice.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 11:37:49 PM »
How so? I definitely have a weaker midface and orbital area, but i feel like with some re-suspension it could look nice.
How old are you?

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 10:12:19 AM »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 05:12:57 PM »