Author Topic: Sagging cheeks after Lefort 1  (Read 24698 times)

screwsandplates

• Private
Re: Sagging cheeks after Lefort 1
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 04:47:56 PM »
Maybe consider this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25260139

I know that 22 is young, but I feel like my face aged more than normally due to having bone removed. I'm not sure about that filler compared to the ones I've had (thank you for the suggestion btw  :)) but I did get fillers in an attempt to camouflage the sagging/bulging and it just made me look puffy and unnatural. The saggy area was still there, but my cheeks just looked bulgier to compensate.

I'm looking into facelifts with some doctors, but I'm worried they'll say the same thing. To be honest, I've never heard of anyone under the age of 30 getting a facelift so I'm not holding my breath.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 05:19:52 PM »
I know that 22 is young, but I feel like my face aged more than normally due to having bone removed. I'm not sure about that filler compared to the ones I've had (thank you for the suggestion btw  :)) but I did get fillers in an attempt to camouflage the sagging/bulging and it just made me look puffy and unnatural. The saggy area was still there, but my cheeks just looked bulgier to compensate.

I'm looking into facelifts with some doctors, but I'm worried they'll say the same thing. To be honest, I've never heard of anyone under the age of 30 getting a facelift so I'm not holding my breath.
You had impaction? Upper midface deficiency is best solved with osteotomy. Implants look fake. If you can't afford, stomach a modified lf3, then a zygomatic osteotomy is the next best thing and they look pretty good on women.

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »
You had impaction? Upper midface deficiency is best solved with osteotomy. Implants look fake. If you can't afford, stomach a modified lf3, then a zygomatic osteotomy is the next best thing and they look pretty good on women.

Thank you for the suggestion! I will look into it :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:41:00 PM by screwsandplates »

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 06:42:53 PM »
You can have a mid face or mini life at any age.
Some models do it to get rid of nasolabial folds. However, I have no clue if it really lasts but a young face should support a good lift better than an old one.
Also there are strings and dissolvable threads to lift the cheek area. Never tried them but most doctors do not recommend them because they aren't working on everyone and can break (leaving you with one hanging cheek).
I know what you are talking about and had a similar problem after Jaw Surgery. For me filler helped. I realized that the temple and eye area can change severely and the eyes look more hollow and this IS NOT AGING, it's forward pulling from the movement of the jaw and maxilla. That's why too much projection will definitely look less feminine and shouldn't be performed on women!!!
I definitely need fat around my temples and around the eyes because I have asymmetrical hollows everywhere. Not sure what to do about the strange eye problem. The eyes somehow look pulled forward. You will have to  balance out the hollows in the soft tissue that might have occurred. I believe that Fat Grafting (very carefully and with an extremely good doctor) and a mid face lift could help you. In LA there are many doctors who perform cheek lifts on younger patients but please do very good research before choosing one, so much can go wrong and PS is literally gambling after more and more doctors offer it.

Thanks for the reply! It's definitely tricky to navigate through all of the possible procedures and surgeons. Sorry to hear about your complications. How do you feel about your face now?

kjohnt

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »
Why do these doctors blame "volume loss" for everything.

The woman has too much volume in her mid face, which has dropped... hence the "hound" look.

No.  You are confusing hard tissue and soft tissue.  The "volume loss" of which the doctors speak is in reference to bone, which this woman could use.  The volume of which you speak is skin, and I agree she has too much and/or it has lost much of its elasticity. 

CloudyAngel

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
I have the same problem — sagging cheeks.  Am waiting to hear from my jaw surgeon.  How did you ultimately fix this ?