Author Topic: any more info on Prof Sailer?  (Read 7234 times)

zoola86

any more info on Prof Sailer?
« on: July 03, 2015, 10:49:31 AM »
Hi.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:16:45 PM by zoola86 »

Gregor Samsa

Re: any more info on Prof Sailer?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »
He is not well-known amongst his peers but I wouldn't call him a quack either. If you're happy with the kind of results he produces then by all means go with him but just beware that he's very expensive.

MrFox

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 11:56:14 AM »
I had surgery with him and have just come back from another controll actually, he is a wonderful man.
The consultation costs more than most surgeons but it lasts about 3 hours.

As far as I know, he is the only surgeon who can safely operate on patients for 14 hours or more.
He is not a quack, he disregards the standard protocols that surgeons follow and has created his own.

He is the most expensive surgeon that I know of and very exclusive but he has a brilliant mind.

Even with all his credentials and power, he is the most over the top friendly man you will every meet, there is ZERO arrogance with him. He treats his patients like old friends.

Aesthetically, I was very happy with my results.

Gregor what surgeons have said they don't know him? My partner knew someone who is in the biotech industry that said everyone that trains for maxillofacial surgery or maybe something to do with dentistry (I can't remember which) reads one of Sailer's books. I find it really odd that there would be many surgeons who don't know of him as he is very famous.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:41:45 PM by MrFox »

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »
This post by falcao is the only thing I have to go on: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,960.msg17939.html#msg17939

I have had consults with serious surgeons from around the world. When I mention Mommaerts, they immediately know who I am talking about based on his extensive clinical and academic work. When I dare to mention Sailer, they say "I've never heard that name before". One of them told me that he attends all major conferences and symposiums in the field and has never in his life come across this man.

Langpam

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »
I don't believe he's a quack, just incredibly expensive. I flew to Zürich for a consultation and yes, you're right that it was around £800. I had a pre meeting with a Dr Schwob who showed me lots of before and after photos and after having the ceph done I spent about twenty minutes with Prof Sailer who wanted to do some extra aesthetic work rather than just the CCW bimaxillary that my diagnosis of sleep apnoea required.
I waited a while for the quote......it was four times more than I paid for my surgery in Barcelona, with an amazing top Spanish surgeon.
I have read comments before by Mr Fox on this website and am amazed that his surgery time was 14 hours. My surgery time was less than two hours and the recovery time was short and uneventful.
I believe that surgery in Zürich only works if you have Swiss private medical insurance.

zoola86

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:17:06 PM by zoola86 »

RoboCop

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:24:55 PM by RoboCop »