Author Topic: Close-set eyes in men  (Read 45401 times)

Charles-Guillaume

Close-set eyes in men
« on: July 08, 2015, 06:21:18 AM »
Though far from ideal, it doesn't appear that close-set eyes necessarily prevent one from being good-looking. I am going to post a few cyclops-descended men generally recognised as handsome. Is there anything, eye-set aside, that they all have in common, perhaps serving to offset the imbalance created by the eyes being too close together?

To determine whether someone qualifies for this thread or not, I decided to investigate based on multiple photos whether the vertical distance from midlip to pupil divided by the horizontal distance from pupil to pupil produces a number of or greater than 1.2. Anyhow, here we go.

James Dean

Amazing skin and hair, square jaw, pronounced cheekbones, small nose (I bet this particular trait is going to recur very frequently), wide face in general.

James Deen

Name eerily similar to that of the former. Perfect skin, great hair, wide and square chin with a fairly good jaw angle, pronounced cheekbones.

Jeff Buckley

Square masculine jaw, great skin, nice (albeit somewhat receding) hair, strong cheekbones.

Heath Ledger

Amazing jaw and cheekbones, generally wide face, good skin, hair quality is nice but hairline receding. Nose isn't really small but definitely not long. Close-set eyes with a long nose seems to be one of those "bad" combinations.

I'll add more as I come up with them.

JayJaw

Re: Close-set eyes in men
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 07:29:21 AM »
Theo James:

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 02:29:52 PM »
It's not helping their case. Let's put it this way you can look "okay" with close-set eyes but you can never look amazing. And as you say these guys have otherwise perfect features. Never realizd how much James Dean looks like Jared Leto who also has terribly close set eyes.

People keep talking about stem cells and biological engineering and s**t and f**k we can't change people's hair (unless you wear a wig like John Travolta) we can't f**king restore interddental papilla, we can't even get rid of acne scars. When the f**k will science catch up to what we really need?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 05:15:31 AM »
All would look better with eyes further apart. I now know why I always thought something was a bit off about James Dean (thanks OP!).  Nonetheless they are all good looking (except Ledger, who was always so overrated).

Your idea of moving your facial parameters closer to the averages look good on paper, and was actually something that I subscribed to until recently.  Now I'm not so sure.  Lots of good looking people have features that are not perfect on their own, yet the whole just gels together very well.  For example George Clooney has a long upper lip.  Yet he still looks good (probably because it's balanced by his massive chin).  Brad Pitt's chin looks a bit recessed in profile, etc..

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 01:10:56 AM »
Brandon Lee

Same stuff all over again: strongly developed jaw/cheekbones, nose not too large, great skin and hair.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 01:19:23 AM »
Brandon Lee

Same stuff all over again: strongly developed jaw/cheekbones, nose not too large, great skin and hair.

The nose has to fit between the inner canthi to look good.  With eyes closer together, the nose has to be thinner still. 

BTW, you have 4 dudes here who died in their 20s.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 01:42:02 AM »
Does poor man's Brad Pitt, Colin Farrel, belong on this list?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 09:05:39 AM »
yes colin farrell belongs on this list, but honestly it will always hurt your attractiveness.

close set eyes is the kiss of death.

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
Perhaps Ryan Gosling belongs here. Loads of women find him very attractive, but in his case I think that it is not due to being really handsome per se, but rather a combination of being 1.) fundamentally quite good-looking, 2.) extremely well-groomed, and 3.) a famous actor portraying plenty of "heartthrob" characters, and he does seem to have plenty of suaveness and charisma in private as well.

Anyhow, I'll add him. Great skin, great hair, large and masculine (if not very aesthetic) jaw.

yes colin farrell belongs on this list, but honestly it will always hurt your attractiveness.

Which is why we must find a way to undo nature's crude work. I am sure that we would have a safe and reliable way to expand orbits by now had we spent even a fraction of any given war budget on it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
Perhaps Ryan Gosling belongs here. Loads of women find him very attractive, but in his case I think that it is not due to being really handsome per se, but rather a combination of being 1.) fundamentally quite good-looking, 2.) extremely well-groomed, and 3.) a famous actor portraying plenty of "heartthrob" characters, and he does seem to have plenty of suaveness and charisma in private as well.

Anyhow, I'll add him. Great skin, great hair, large and masculine (if not very aesthetic) jaw.

Which is why we must find a way to undo nature's crude work. I am sure that we would have a safe and reliable way to expand orbits by now had we spent even a fraction of any given war budget on it.

This is ALL BULs**t. None of these people would be good looking if thy didn't have MASSIVELY amazing other features and grooming and make-up even (stars appear on red carpet with make-up always) AND THEY ARE FAMOUS.

Ryan Gosling is only loved by tons of women because of his film the NOTEBOOK and he sings and stuff too and has a good personality. Otherwise his narrow eyes f**k him up completely.

Close eyes are the kiss of death. You need to have box osteotomy.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »
I want to just emphasize to a large degree how bad close-set eyes are in men. Unless you're already the star of a top rom-com or television show you are f**ked. Especially in photographs you will look horrible. If there is a procedure to widen close set eyes, we absolutely must find this. I believe Sinn said he can widen upto 6mm when doing the orbital rim (modified lefort 3) advancement. This is what I will be pursuing. But if there were a more advanced procedure I would do it.

Come on  you morphers! Morph Gosling and some of the others up here and show what they would look like with wide set eyes.

A guy almost every woman loves Ewan McGreggor! Take him for example, not great features, wide nose, bad skin, no lips decent but not amazing jaw long upper lip, but them BAM very wide-set eyes --He'll always be gorgeous.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 02:43:52 PM »
Rubbish, no one is denying that it is a more or less serious flaw but it is no "kiss of death". Charles has already posted several attractive handsome men with close set eyes, that might be anecdotal but obviously it is very much possible to be handsome with close eyes. here's another one in case it hasn't been posted already:

Ryan Reynolds

How could anyone say he isn't handsome?

Lefort 3 sounds like a very invasive surgery, you better think long and hard if the result will indeed
be worth it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 02:45:55 PM »
just look at Ewan McGreggor and his noble, kingly looking visage with wide set gaze:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKIbHtn_rq8

Close set eyes on men makes one look meek, creepy and seedy as well as much less intelligent. I wonder why, there must be a strong hereditary advantage to having a wide set gaze. Probably better peripheral vision and ability hunting and gazing long distances in the Savannah.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 02:47:18 PM »
Rubbish, no one is denying that it is a more or less serious flaw but it is no "kiss of death". Charles has already posted several attractive handsome men with close set eyes, that might be anecdotal but obviously it is very much possible to be handsome with close eyes. here's another one in case it hasn't been posted already:

Ryan Reynolds

How could anyone say he isn't handsome?

Lefort 3 sounds like a very invasive surgery, you better think long and hard if the result will indeed
be worth it.

It is the kiss of death to us normal folk who otherwise don't have every othr feature near perfect as well as star power.

terry947

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 03:06:29 PM »
Supposedly palatal expansion helps in creating wider set eyes.