Author Topic: Close-set eyes in men  (Read 45409 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Close-set eyes in men
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »
Rubbish, no one is denying that it is a more or less serious flaw but it is no "kiss of death". Charles has already posted several attractive handsome men with close set eyes, that might be anecdotal but obviously it is very much possible to be handsome with close eyes. here's another one in case it hasn't been posted already:

Ryan Reynolds

How could anyone say he isn't handsome?

Lefort 3 sounds like a very invasive surgery, you better think long and hard if the result will indeed
be worth it.
Least attractive of the lot posted here.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 03:15:32 PM »
Supposedly palatal expansion helps in creating wider set eyes.

yeah that would make sense cause it would put pressure on the zygomas and under-orbitals to move wider apart.

Quite simply this is something you just have to address if you're going for the overall good looking look and have close-set eyes.

Ryan Reynolds normally would look like a friggin freak.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »
Well the surgery required looks absolutely brutal, surely you must be just one step up from a cyclops to consider going through with it.

What are the risks and complications involved anyway and how common are they?

Bazarov

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
I believe Sinn said he can widen upto 6mm when doing the orbital rim (modified lefort 3) advancement.

What, IPD? That's quite the claim. Did he give any details as to how he would achieve this?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »
What, IPD? That's quite the claim. Did he give any details as to how he would achieve this?

yah ipd, i dunno.

terry947

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 02:48:15 PM »
Idp=inner pupillary distance

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »
apparently if you eat like three packets of pop-rockets it'll widen your palate. and sinn said he could take some nutella and slather it on my zygos and that would widen my ipd but it would only last for 15 years and then resorb.

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 08:23:55 AM »
apparently if you eat like three packets of pop-rockets it'll widen your palate. and sinn said he could take some nutella and slather it on my zygos and that would widen my ipd but it would only last for 15 years and then resorb.

LOL bro, are your previous posts in this thread as facetious as this one obviously is? The one about Dr. Sinn being able to increase PD by 6 mm really caught my eye. It is all I need, since I'm just going for normal-set eyes. To be honest I think that, for a guy with a relatively normal-sized head, anything above 70 mm is going to look really weird. 6 mm expansion would give me a PD of 65-66 mm.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 10:21:49 AM »
LOL bro, are your previous posts in this thread as facetious as this one obviously is? The one about Dr. Sinn being able to increase PD by 6 mm really caught my eye. It is all I need, since I'm just going for normal-set eyes. To be honest I think that, for a guy with a relatively normal-sized head, anything above 70 mm is going to look really weird. 6 mm expansion would give me a PD of 65-66 mm.

no only that one was facetious. I did indeed hear that about IPD from another patient but I've lost touch with that person which is why I wanted Plosko Plus to ask Dr. Sinn about it during his phone consult. Hopefully it's true.

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 02:48:35 AM »
no only that one was facetious. I did indeed hear that about IPD from another patient but I've lost touch with that person which is why I wanted Plosko Plus to ask Dr. Sinn about it during his phone consult. Hopefully it's true.

Great information! What's your pupillary distance, by the way? As far as eye spacing is concerned, a little goes a long way it seems. I morphed my eyes just 4 mm further apart (arriving at a PD of 63-64 mm) and look so much more balanced in the after.

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:43 AM »
Jim Morrison did well with his peepers, but they were large and expressive in addition to being close-set. He also, naturally, had wide, masculine facial bones and a rather small nose.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 02:28:25 AM »
Jim Morrison did well with his peepers, but they were large and expressive in addition to being close-set. He also, naturally, had wide, masculine facial bones and a rather small nose.
Another one who died young.

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 06:52:42 AM »
Another one who died young.

Handsome people with close-set eyes apparently die young. ;D

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 11:28:01 PM »
Listen please stop all this crap there are no handsome people with close set eyes. It immediately makes you look like a freak. If it was changeable it'd be nice to change it. But let's not kid ourselves.

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 07:02:23 AM »
Listen please stop all this crap there are no handsome people with close set eyes. It immediately makes you look like a freak. If it was changeable it'd be nice to change it. But let's not kid ourselves.

Come on dude, I hate close-set eyes almost(?) as much as you do, but there are obviously good-looking men (and women) with the trait.

Jared Leto is another good exemplar. I find him very annoying to look at, but obviously many women (and gay men) find him attractive. The guy has thin lips too, another flaw. Great jaw and cheekbones, though. And, again, a rather small nose.