Author Topic: Close-set eyes in men  (Read 44633 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Close-set eyes in men
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 11:49:38 AM »
Well I can't compare myself to Jared Leto --yeah if you basically have otheerwise jesus like traits (flawless tawney skin, beautiful teeth and a smile, amazing hair, piercing blue eyes, need I go on? the beauty game man, it's what everyone on earth is now obsessed with. But unfortunately I still think it's a genetic gift. It's an overall gestalt that makes one attractive, and overall harmony and the key to that is not something I think plastic surgery may ever really endow one with, yeah i'm going to try, but i'm just being honest, you can try and compensate in other ways, good body, dress well. But that whole "good looking" thing, I think it's just a gift from the gods. The "gods' favour some people, and the rest of us are in pain cause we don't.)

I dunno, I'll try a bit here and there, let's see what happens. This could all end very badly, or even worse, never end.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 04:00:39 PM »
I never understood Leto's appeal.  He looks like a tranny. But Jesus Christ! He's 43 years old!  That's not a gift from the gods, that's a pact with the devil.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 06:14:54 PM »
Jared Leto...no.  No no no

Guys if you want to enlarge your eyes just get contact lenses.  I recommend 14.5 or 15mm...one shade lighter at the most than the shade of your eyes....try "colors of the wind" or "desio" lenses (Note that desio are not good for dark eyes IMO)

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »
Chace Crawford passes the ratio test, but his eyes don't look that close-set for some reason. Yet again: smallish nose, wide cheeks/jaws.

Josh Hartnett too passes the test (distance from midlip to pupil divided distance between pupils producing a ratio of or above 1.2) without his eyes looking particularly close together.

These guys both have essentially the same ratio that I have, so there must be something else contributing to my eyes looking very close together. Could it possibly be related to nasal bridge height or jaw shape?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 07:58:44 AM »
Last 2 are seriously good looking.  What about travolta and val Kilmer? 

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 11:36:11 AM »

Are they like circle lenses? I've read that lenses that are larger than your typical ones block oxygen to the eyes and cause infection/blindness... I remember when it was a huge phase a few years back and a few big names in the blogging/youtube world complained that they were sent to the ER because they went "blind" for a while.

They're oxygen permeable....between 55 and 38% water depending on the brand.  I don't wear anything bigger than 15.  14.5mm is about the same size as my actual iris.

Desio is a high quality Italian brand and are about 30 or 40$ per pair, and last 3 months.  So not cheapy giant cosplay lenses.  Maybe the bloggers weren't washing them properly or leaving them in too long.  Tons of people wear coloured lenses for years with no issues.  One of my friends has worn Freshlook Colorblends (which are horribly uncomfortable and fake looking IMO) for at least 4 years.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 02:34:28 PM »
Freshshlook colorblends are so outdated. They were made back in the 80s. I wonder what the long term repercussions are with them too- can't be good.

I've heard of Desioeyes. They're hyped a lot on ig- might take a look at them.

Freshlooks are vile

Desio are only good for medium to light eyes.  They look freaky as hell on dark eyes, except possibly the hazel colour.  But the 'forest green' was great on my green eye.

Adore bitone give a natural tint, but not a big colour change.  Their 'yellow' looks nice on greeny, hazel or light brown eyes

Solotica give a strong colour change but look really unnatural on dark eyes too, as they have no fade out/diffusion around the pupil hole

chrismaz

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
Hi.
I'm french, sorry about my bad english.
As an artist, I have a question. I think I have a close set eyes, and maybe I'm wrong but I think this the principal reason why I really have problems to date women.
Cant I have an honest opinion here about me ? :) Do I need a surgery ?
Thank you
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]

Milli_Meters

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 06:31:49 PM »
Yes you do appear to have close set eyes.

They are generally a detriment to looks but can work "ok" if eye shape and rest of the features are ok. An example - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8c/82/64/8c8264e86d48265f041f83a5b89d44a3.jpg

There is no surgery to change close set eyes that is not too risky.

chrismaz

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »
Thank you. Do you mean it is better to  me to have shirt Hair cut ?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 10:45:59 PM »
Close set eyes can be ok as long as the midface is not long.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 10:56:49 PM »

This.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 10:59:52 PM »
Thank you. Do you mean it is better to  me to have shirt Hair cut ?
I assume you mean short.

Well , it will not impact IPD (interpupillary distance) but yes , groom well. Take control of things that you can control.  Mid face can be shortened via lip lift and rhino and  a combination of the 2. To a degree only ofcourse. But as a male , proceed cautiously with any surgery if you decide to do it. Close set eyes sadly are kinda set in stone.

UnderMunch

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »

But wouldn't a long mid face always create the appearance of close set eyes?

I mean, I know that there are standard measurements for the average distance between pupils in humans but wouldn't the eyes always give the appearance of being too close if the distance between the lips and eyes is bigger than the distance between the left and right eyes?

chrismaz

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 05:28:41 AM »
Thanks for your help. Yes I wanted to say short instead of shirt.