Author Topic: Close-set eyes in men  (Read 45375 times)

Richards

Re: Close-set eyes in men
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 01:56:09 PM »
I would recommend measuring your inter-pupillary distance and distance between medial canthi and measuring the distance between medial and lateral canthus (palpebral fissure length) and comparing these to averages to see if there are any significant deviations, this might help you establish what the issue is.

You can move the eyeballs in pretty much any direction and can move the canthi but it is expensive and can be invasive

Milli_Meters

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »
I would recommend measuring your inter-pupillary distance and distance between medial canthi and measuring the distance between medial and lateral canthus (palpebral fissure length) and comparing these to averages to see if there are any significant deviations, this might help you establish what the issue is.

You can move the eyeballs in pretty much any direction and can move the canthi but it is expensive and can be invasive

...eyeballs? How?

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2017, 04:25:21 PM »
Chace Crawford passes the ratio test, but his eyes don't look that close-set for some reason. Yet again: smallish nose, wide cheeks/jaws.

Josh Hartnett too passes the test (distance from midlip to pupil divided distance between pupils producing a ratio of or above 1.2) without his eyes looking particularly close together.

These guys both have essentially the same ratio that I have, so there must be something else contributing to my eyes looking very close together. Could it possibly be related to nasal bridge height or jaw shape?

Perhaps it's your ipd relative to your bizygomagic distance?

Richards

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
...eyeballs? How?

Moving the bone adjacent to the eyeball or through implants. 

UnderMunch

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 12:55:56 AM »

I realize that close set eyes can look very unattractive or in most cases just odd. But I also feel like it's the kind of thing you'd notice in someone as odd but you also wouldn't be able to point it out unless you aware that it's a thing. I had no idea this was a thing until this post, honestly.

I wonder how common too close set and too wide set eyes are on average?

But correcting this with surgery sounds insanely risky to me, like even more dangerous than Lefort III. I mean, wouldn't you mess with the optic nerve and potentially go blind?

However, if anyone has any before after photos of this I would love to see them!

Austinou88

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »
You can have surgery done to move your eyes apart. Its risky though. It's a Major surgery. A do or die surgery.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2017, 05:38:47 PM »
Close set eyes aren't a major negative in men, provided that they aren't significantly close. Consider that other aspects of that facial region may be causing your particular issue, because many pleasant eye areas present with somewhat close set eyes.

getlowgetlow

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »
I've read that using botox on the central lower forehead will relax the muscles thus leading to more perceived distamce, has anyone heard anything about this?

Lestat

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2017, 01:24:50 PM »
Orbital box osteotomy could be the answer. But it is very invasive and maybe dangerous. I have heard the master K. Salyer from dallas tx does it.

https://lookism.net/Thread-Increasing-eye-distance-the-holy-grail

Lestat

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »
Lololol ;D look at the comments regarding orbital box osteotomie:

piX Wrote:
You would need sociopathic level of calmness to complete this procedure

(08-16-2015, 02:00 AM)The German Dream Wrote:
you need to be insane to do this. if anything goes wrong you are not only a incel but a blind incel

(08-16-2015, 02:26 AM)modified Wrote:
Absolutely insane. No reputable surgeon would ever do this. My eyes are too close together. But that is not something that can be reasonably changed.

(08-16-2015, 10:54 AM)heilsa Wrote:
this is legit insane

(08-17-2015, 05:20 PM)chinless Wrote:
Jesus f**king christ.  That image alone looks f**king brutal

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »
Are you guys not able to fathom how ridiculous it is to get the most invasive craniofacial surgery for a feature that barely matters?

ahamis

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
The most logical solution would be "lessening the width of your nose bridge so as to give an impression of greater width between your eyes."

This surgery that you guys r talking about is insane. If you don't have a major syndromic face, I don't believe any Cranio-facial surgeon would do it.

ditterbo

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »
Close set eyes can be ok as long as the midface is not long.

LOL guess I'm screwed.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »
LOL guess I'm screwed.
Yours don't look close set.

ditterbo

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »
I can't measure the distance precisely but I do think they are a few mm close set, just from what I could roughly measure in person. 

Behold, the longest mid-face I've ever seen (pending lvl of camera fishbowl distortion): https://www.realself.com/question/southwest-brevard-cnty-fl-i-identified-cosmetic-issues-face-improve