Author Topic: Close-set eyes in men  (Read 45385 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Close-set eyes in men
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2017, 08:46:22 PM »
I can't measure the distance precisely but I do think they are a few mm close set, just from what I could roughly measure in person. 

Behold, the longest mid-face I've ever seen (pending lvl of camera fishbowl distortion): https://www.realself.com/question/southwest-brevard-cnty-fl-i-identified-cosmetic-issues-face-improve

You don't have to measure in person. All to do is a non warped photo of yourself. Measure distance from inner to outer canthus which a measure of 'one eye'. If 'one eye' measure is between the eyes, then the eyes are not close set.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Adonia

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »
You don't have to measure in person. All to do is a non warped photo of yourself. Measure distance from inner to outer canthus which a measure of 'one eye'. If 'one eye' measure is between the eyes, then the eyes are not close set.

Not a great method to use, in the even that someone has horixontaly long eyes this measurment will always tell them that their eyes are too close, a far better method is to use the EME angle where you measure the angle formed from pupil to middle of upper lip border to the other pupil.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2017, 08:43:46 PM »
Not a great method to use, in the even that someone has horixontaly long eyes this measurment will always tell them that their eyes are too close, a far better method is to use the EME angle where you measure the angle formed from pupil to middle of upper lip border to the other pupil.

Tell it to Leonardo Da Vinci that it's not a great method to use. It's a classic one...and people with horizontally long eyes RARELY have them close set.

Adonia

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2017, 05:42:24 AM »
Tell it to Leonardo Da Vinci that it's not a great method to use. It's a classic one...and people with horizontally long eyes RARELY have them close set.

yea they dont but if you use the one eye measurement then you would often falsely diagnose them for close set eyes

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 08:05:55 AM »
yea they dont but if you use the one eye measurement then you would often falsely diagnose them for close set eyes

Indeed people with horizontally 'long' eyes rarely have less than 'one eye' between them and there is no 'false diagnosis' with using the classic 'one eye between the eyes' method to evaluate if someone has close set eyes.

JigJaw_:/

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »
apparently if you eat like three packets of pop-rockets it'll widen your palate. and sinn said he could take some nutella and slather it on my zygos and that would widen my ipd but it would only last for 15 years and then resorb.

Haha.
Nutella. Mmmm, tasty paste. My Nutella paste wouldn't last far into the healing process. I'd be hardcore snacking my ass off, esp. if my mouth got wired shut.

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 08:35:45 AM »
Stop ripping on guys with close set eyes. (Looks around). Lately I've been examining  the sh*t out of my close set eyes. I think my eyes would be less distracting if I had a wider palate, but that's just personal opinion.

https://i.imgur.com/YVMkjOB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/phYp2PT.jpg

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »
Stop ripping on guys with close set eyes. (Looks around). Lately I've been examining  the sh*t out of my close set eyes. I think my eyes would be less distracting if I had a wider palate, but that's just personal opinion.

https://i.imgur.com/YVMkjOB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/phYp2PT.jpg

Well, I'm NOT 'ripping' close set eyes. Just saying that the most straight forward way to determine is the 'one eye between the eyes'. It is a relative measure that helps with a visual determination of if the mid face is really 'long'. Can also be used to access if another area should be made wider or longer.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 10:59:47 AM »
I think my eyes would be less distracting if I had a wider palate, but that's just personal opinion.

It's the opposite. Since your jaw/gonial angles are so wide, it makes the close set eyes more noticeable.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »
It's the opposite. Since your jaw/gonial angles are so wide, it makes the close set eyes more noticeable.

BINGO.  Width or length added  will make close set eyes more noticeable.

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2017, 02:10:38 PM »
Yeah, I know. Was only joking.  Saw the topic and laughed at myself. I'm okay with the "closeness" of my eyes. Accepted it, rather. Also interesting though, bc now when I do a deep internal visual of myself with a (wider) palate...it doesn't seem more appealing. I'm not sure that a little length (without ccr) would be all that upsetting for me. Lately everywhere I go, suddenly I'm now noticing anyone/everyone with close set eyes.  It's like a tribe. There should be a secret handshake or something...Recently noticed this girl with  what appeared to be a long face, medium to big skull, shorter than average forehead, normal jaws...it seemed, but the EXTRA closeness of her eyes threw everything into an utter mess making anything that was slightly off appear completely off.

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »
To anyone with close set eyes: As I look back at the pictures of the "A-lister" "close-setters", does not seem as though they all follow the eyebrow rule for close call eyes. Esp. not Ryan Reynolds. Not sure how the heck he gets away with it. Gosling has always freaked me out. I also think he looked better pre plastic surgery.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
Yeah, I know. Was only joking.  Saw the topic and laughed at myself. I'm okay with the "closeness" of my eyes. Accepted it, rather. Also interesting though, bc now when I do a deep internal visual of myself with a (wider) palate...it doesn't seem more appealing. I'm not sure that a little length (without ccr) would be all that upsetting for me. Lately everywhere I go, suddenly I'm now noticing anyone/everyone with close set eyes.  It's like a tribe. There should be a secret handshake or something...Recently noticed this girl with  what appeared to be a long face, medium to big skull, shorter than average forehead, normal jaws...it seemed, but the EXTRA closeness of her eyes threw everything into an utter mess making anything that was slightly off appear completely off.

I wouldn't worry about them. Prince Charles has somewhat close set eyes.