Author Topic: The Post-Grad Grin  (Read 7542 times)

pekay

The Post-Grad Grin
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:49:21 AM »
Hope she doesn't mind me posting a link to her blog in here

I'm certain that she at least read/lurked this forum in the past

had double jaw surgery for her under-bite yesterday with Dr Gunson

http://thepostgradgrinjawsurgery.wordpress.com/
Chopsticks > Spoons

CK

• Private
Re: The Post-Grad Grin
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:51:35 PM »
impalnt?

pekay

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »
impalnt?

yeah she specifically says "orbital rim implant"
Chopsticks > Spoons

CK

• Private
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:11:48 AM »
yeah she specifically says "orbital rim implant"

interesting. i was under the impression they don't do implants. she is probably referring to the hydroxyapatite grafts.

pekay

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 05:17:32 AM »
interesting. i was under the impression they don't do implants. she is probably referring to the hydroxyapatite grafts.

yeah that is what I thought too but I figured she is way too smart to make such a confusion.
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:05:47 AM »
yeah that is what I thought too but I figured she is way too smart to make such a confusion.

could someone ask her, i was confused by that too...

CK

• Private
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 12:20:26 PM »

the hydroxylapatite grafts are listed as "hydroxlapatite implants" in the operating report. im 99.9% certain they don't do medpor or silicon implants.

pekay

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 02:35:23 PM »
the hydroxylapatite grafts are listed as "hydroxlapatite implants" in the operating report. im 99.9% certain they don't do medpor or silicon implants.

that makes sense thanks for clearing this up
Chopsticks > Spoons

Joy

• Private
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
I don't think she will be posting here.

From her blog...

"Also, because my surgeon is so famous, there is a lot of talk about him on jaw surgery forums like archwired and jawsurgeryforums. The people on these forums can be quite critical and disrespectful, so I want to protect my privacy and my surgeon’s reputation from people who don’t know what they’re talking about (at least until I’m farther along in the healing process and it’s fair to judge my “results”). What makes jaw surgery “worth it” is the long-term health of your joints and teeth, not your appearance."

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 01:18:54 PM »
Well, I guess there's not much we can do about it.  I was looking forward to seeing her results tho.  Can't believe she had a 5-piece lefort!

pekay

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »
I don't think she will be posting here.

From her blog...

"Also, because my surgeon is so famous, there is a lot of talk about him on jaw surgery forums like archwired and jawsurgeryforums. The people on these forums can be quite critical and disrespectful, so I want to protect my privacy and my surgeon’s reputation from people who don’t know what they’re talking about (at least until I’m farther along in the healing process and it’s fair to judge my “results”). What makes jaw surgery “worth it” is the long-term health of your joints and teeth, not your appearance."

LOL quite hypocritical of her to say that, by reading her blog it's pretty obvious that one of the main reasons she went through all this was to improve her appearance.

Chopsticks > Spoons

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »
I dont know if its hypocritical as much as its something a lot of people do not want to openly admit. Its like saying I had jaw surgery to look better, and that makes it seem superficial or unnecessary. Like... its some kind of a cosmetic procedure, because a chunk of society has an adversity to such a concept.
And directly or indirectly, this surgery has serious aesthetic changes. It isnt like a hip replacement or gall bladder removal surgery. We all have different reasoning behind WHY we go for jaw surgery, some of us have arthritic joints, or condylar reabsorption, or severe TMJ, asymmetry, excess or lack of certain features related to jaw development.
At the end of the day I think something has to be 'off' with your jaws in order for you to be a candidate for jaw surgery. Why the hell am I rambling lol.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
Obviously aesthetic improvement is part of the packet. Rarely somebody comes in ONLY for aesthetic purposes. But i'd say it's at least 40/50%.

I came in to the maxfac because of OSAS. But knowing i could improve my appearance was a huge motivation.