Author Topic: Adult non surgical treatment seems legit  (Read 3345 times)

babyface99

Adult non surgical treatment seems legit
« on: July 20, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/000294167990277X
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1062937
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2me79c5.jpg
Id also like to point out that non surgical palate expansion is not only possible but there is an ortho 15 minutes away from me that does it routinely and has published an article on it
http://jesterandsaldivar.com/palatal-expansion-adults/
im not sure what this means in terms of how i plan on treating my issues but ive been chewing falim gum (very tough natural gum) religiously and pressing my tounge to the roof of my mouth. What id love is to get my hands on a face pulling device and get my palate expanded.

PloskoPlus

Re: Adult non surgical treatment seems legit
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 04:47:16 AM »
multiple functional orthodontists recommended me non surgical ME, so it may not be that non-legit as one might think. There are as well classical orthos who will say that this technique in fact works on adults, but it has high relapse rate. It also depends how much of expansion you'd want to achieve, if it's some decent number, then I'd guess it's better to go sarpe. Also, if you have this step as one of steps prior orthognatic surgery, it might take you years - firstly to expand palate, which takes some time non-surgically and then to align teeth.
The older you're, the higher the chance of permanent nerve disturbance after jaw surgery, especially after BSSO, genioplasty.

babyface99

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 06:09:28 AM »
I mean i just turned 22 and im not THAT deformed, my maxillary complex is just dropped down and back from having an un-used palate expander in during puberty (parents divorced and my mom didnt care about my teeth but wouldn't  take me to get it taken out so i did it my self at 17 but the damage was done) my chin is now recessed and my bite is very uncomfortable so I'm going to try adress that surgically but for the rest im hoping a more holistic approach can help me. (Oral posturing,non surgical palate expansion, and 16 hr face pulling) lisa already contacted mew and he said he wouldn't do long distance treatment so as far as the face pulling thing i might have to attempt my own device.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 08:42:30 AM »
This seems like a good option if you don't need a whole lot of expansion but are there any extreme transformations of adults that have been documented?

babyface99

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »

this face pulling, myofunctional theraphy and maxillary expansion is big yada yada on adults. Debates around this can be seen on multiple forums all from year 2013 and nobody reported a single significant result. I think the only thing that was achieved were injuries, asymmetries, cross-bites and TMJ.
a majority of the "face-pulling" stuff that has been going around on the internet is that NCR 30-mins aday bulls**t. that obviously wont work but i mean read the studys man this is documented peer reviewed research, as of yet only one person out of all the forums (claimingpower, breakthematrix, sluthate, JSF) only one guy is using 12+ hour orthodontic style forces. as for palate expansion as i said there is an orthodontist in westchester 20 minutes from me who does this regularly.

babyface99

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »
if anybody would like to try and help me get my hands on a "Maxillary splint" that would be the tits. I want to make my own device.

babyface99

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
i linked him, and the only person i could find who actually used long term forces is a guy named "PatientZero" on slut hate, he last posted back in april so i dont know how its going for him but hes using a pretty hoopty looking setup.

terry947

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 10:08:21 PM »
Brandon who in Canada are you talking about?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
yeah I'm canadian, i wanna know too.