Author Topic: Advice on where to go now: Failed orthodontics  (Read 1340 times)

zegermanns

Advice on where to go now: Failed orthodontics
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:57:01 AM »
Hey this is Joe H.

I had a class II jaw with an over-jet/overbite as a kid. (aka lower jaw was too far back)
Unfortunately,  my family took me to an orthodontist who just removed teeth on top (premolars) and brought everything back on top.
Results looked ok for a bit, now It seems my lower jaw has grown forward, front teeth collide and I have a pretty bad side profile from what I consider a "vertical growing face" now.
I can literally see my facial aesthetics degrade in every school photo. 

I look like crap.
Anyone here know any orthotropic dentists or orthodontists who know how to fix this in central wisconsin, USA? Is there a website to help find orthodontists?
I think what has to happen is reverse orthodontics, opening up spaces where the premolars were removed?
Any suggestions on where to go next are appreciated!
(Do not want surgery)

I can upload photos of my side profile, and all xrays if desired.

Thank you

jesterofmalice

Re: Advice on where to go now: Failed orthodontics
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »
how old are you?
From an aesthetics point of view, it's hard to imagine how anything other than surgery would actually help much.

zegermanns

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 12:55:46 PM »
currently 22.

I feel that if you can use an appliance to open up my spaces again, expand the upper pallate, and allow my lower jaw to actually swing closed, all would be well.

Again this is an opinion, and I've been told that oral appliances are possible even at 22 by a couple of people(dentists, not orthodontists). Most doctors don't believe in the appliance or want to do them because surgery is "quick". Quick is not an option . Do it right or don't do it at all. 

Tom2

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »
I can relate to your issues and history.

I waited until my 40's to fix the problem.   

It ended up being double jaw surgery.