Author Topic: Regenerative Medicine/Medical Breakthroughs  (Read 78657 times)

Lestat

Re: Regenerative Medicine/Medical Breakthroughs
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »
Good evening,

I am Lestat.

I have heard about a now method of growing human bones outside the Body, using 3d Technology.

Maybe in a few years it is possible to grow bones from our own stem cells!

The Company is called EpiBone an her technique is surprisingly simple. A CT scan is taken of the patient’s damaged bone, and a 3D model is created. That 3D model is used to CNC mill an animal – usually cow – bone into the exact shape of the graft that needs to be implanted into the patient. Then, fat cells are taken from the patient, and stem cells from the fat are isolated. (Stem cells from fat are capable of growing into many other different forms of tissue, which makes them ideal for this process.) Those stem cells are placed into a bioreactor with the milled animal bone; the idea is that they will grow around the bone, essentially engulfing it – when the bioreactor is opened, a new bone comprised of the patient’s own cells will be ready for implant. Once it’s implanted, it continues to grow and merge with the bone around it.

In the 19th century, it would have seemed inconceivable that bacterial infections could one day be killed off with a simple pill, but antibiotics would be arriving soon. Today, most people would say that growing real human body parts is impossible, but we’re starting to learn that that’s not the case.

Take a look at their website.

I think there is at least new hope for us! Think of all the possibilities, higher cheekbones, wider jaws, and everything permanent without disadvantages.

Would it not be great?

Lestat

boyo

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 03:43:36 PM »
Unless this is in advanced stage of human clinical trial, i don't see how it's coming out any time soon.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:16:12 PM by boyo »

jusken

• Private
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
Unless this is in advanced stage of human clinical trial, i don't see how it's coming out any time soon.

In a youtube video featuring epibone technology they said 8 years, so yeah not soon.   Seems promising.

Lazlo

• Private

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 11:55:02 PM »
This looks like it could at least help a bit:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/09/new-medical-procedure-uses-patients-blood-cells-to-restore-gums/

This looks interesting.
Can you guys working with a periodontist ask about it?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/an-alzheimers-drug-could-help-grow-teeth-and-fight-cavities?utm_source=dmfb

That's pretty interesting. Seems far from the mainstream, and it would probably be hard to find someone willing to do it on a patient. Wonder what the long-term affects of it are, too.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2017, 09:07:54 PM »
That's pretty interesting. Seems far from the mainstream, and it would probably be hard to find someone willing to do it on a patient. Wonder what the long-term affects of it are, too.

I actually once messaged Paul Sharpe and asked him about his previous research which involved producing "bioteeth" --I asked him if it might be available by 2020 and he even responded saying he doubted it would be here that soon --but maybe with this new research it's possible?

The truth is my major problem began when I had my tooth extractions --even after jaw surgery my arches are way too small to adequately allow my tongue to sit within them so I bite on my tongue all day and move it around in my mouth.

It's cause so much anxiety i just want to scream out loud ALL THE f**kING TIME. If there were any way to solve this problem I would be the happiest man on the world. extractions ruin your f**king face. If there are bioteeth i would get the original spaces opened --which would probably require grafting massive jaw bone --i'm not waiting for two years for braces to do it, I mean actually just replacing all the teeth --seriously. If you told me they could do that by 2020 even I'd convert to your religion --I suppose that's the religion of science.....

Lestat

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2017, 09:37:58 PM »
And what about Wilckodontics?

See the video:
http://videos.dr-brusco.ch/en/wilckodontics/

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
And what about Wilckodontics?

See the video:
http://videos.dr-brusco.ch/en/wilckodontics/

wickodontics is nothing new --just supposedly faster braces which I doubt.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 04:51:57 PM »
I forget if I posted this already: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/09/end-fillings-sight-scientists-find-alzheimers-drug-makes-teeth/

It seems we keep hearing about this being right around the corner, yet it never hits the market.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 08:08:53 PM »
I forget if I posted this already: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/09/end-fillings-sight-scientists-find-alzheimers-drug-makes-teeth/

It seems we keep hearing about this being right around the corner, yet it never hits the market.

So I actually spoke to a professor periodontics today and asked him a ton of questions. Nothing can be done for black triangles except lengthening crowns and masking the problem --which is just a trap for bacteria so f**k that. And this is a guy involved in university research in regenerative medicine.

I'm sure multiple people are working on this but he said for clinical applications 2030 at the very earliest. I think that's about right. I'll be well into middle age, but I'll still care how my teeth look and their function. So I'm just going to maintain what I have and learn to live with it. It's not going to be easy, but I have to accept orthodontics and extractions ruined my gum tissue and the look of my teeth.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »
Yeah all this stuff (gum regeneration, stem cell teeth, etc) is always is 20-30years away, yet the articles make them seem right around the corner.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 05:56:42 PM »
Yeah all this stuff (gum regeneration, stem cell teeth, etc) is always is 20-30years away, yet the articles make them seem right around the corner.

I'd say it will be around in 10 years honestly, I think that's optimistic but possible. Dum spiro spero. As long as I breathe, I hope.

slysurfz

• Private
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2017, 10:51:34 PM »
This is awesome, If it becomes reality. No more nerve damage or other tissue damage

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/07/miracle-device-can-heal-single-touch-and-even-repair-brain-injuries/537326001/

A new device developed at The Ohio State University can start healing organs in a "fraction of a second," researchers say. 

The technology, known as Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT), has the potential to save the lives of car crash victims and even deployed soldiers injured on site. It's a dime-sized silicone chip that "injects genetic code into skin cells, turning those skin cells into other types of cells required for treating diseased conditions," according to a release.

In lab tests, one touch of TNT completely repaired injured legs of mice over three weeks by turning skin cells into vascular cells.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/07/miracle-device-can-heal-single-touch-and-even-repair-brain-injuries/537326001/