Author Topic: Do I need jaw surgery or implants/fat transfer?  (Read 7697 times)

pumukka

Re: Do I need jaw surgery or implants/fat transfer?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
Falcao, where from europe are you from? I dont think you need to go outside of europe, there are very good doctors in Portugal, Spain, France and London and not that expensive.  We just need to research a lot. I've been researching for a year and I still find about new things, procedures, doctors etc.

This are the doctors Ive read more about on the internet, I havent visited them all but this are the approximate prices, I've read about on the internet

Dr. Cesar Colmenero, He does tons of surgeries, is well know in Madrid, He accepts insurance.
Dr. Calvo de Mora, he does surgery first, bimax 12k
Dr. Samuel Bennarroch, he also does plastic surgery and hes a dentist or orthodontist too.
Dr. Lalinde, Maxilofacial and plastic surgeon. 8,2k for lower jaw including hospital
Dr. Antonio Arcas, clinica Dexeus
Dr. Joan Birbe
Dr. Jose Ramon Vega, this was the one that was gonna operate me 7years ago, I wish I had gone thought with it. Not sure of his quote now as back then I was gonna be covered by my insurance

Once I'm finished with consultations I'll write about the ones I did had consultation with on my blog or here. From personal review, as I haven't talk to any patients that have been operated by them nor theres much info about them on the Internet.

I believe Alfaro is the most expensive, he uses a top facility/tools, their place is like a palace, very beautiful and new, they are also a research center, he takes less than half the time to do the surgery than other doctors, I think he does piezosurgery that and the cold mask makes for a faster recovery, but yeah, hes not covered by insurance nor he does it trough social security  :'(

Thats why I said if I could afford him they better give me gourmet food at that hospital as a joke lol

Dr Mommaerts, used to charge less than 8k for bimax not that long ago. He's got more popular on the internet then his prices skyrocket, I wanted to go see him because believe he's one of the few doctors with a more aesthetically eye and uses HA, but hopefully my case is not as bad otherwise I cant afford him.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:24:18 AM by pumukka »

pumukka

Re: Do I need jaw surgery or implants/fat transfer?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »

Thanks Londonlen,

I have asymmetrical condyles that lead to some TMJ and I believe it can deteriorate and get worse in the future, the only ones that can point my asymmetry are maxilofacial drs (jaws one side bigger than other) even if I get surgery I wont be 100% asymmetrical nor is my expectation to be perfect. But I lack mid-face projection and my lower jaw protrudes, as I and others (including doctors) have pointed out

I can life like this but from my pics modifications had i had the surgery Id look much better, and I aesthetically benefit personally and professionally from either surgery or implants

Not to be conceited but I believe I might have cute features on the outside, thats why even before my 1st braces you could tell there was something "off" especially on my  sideprofile and 3/4 side view but its not like I'm ugly now or even then per say hihi  :P