Author Topic: Anybody gone through Korea?  (Read 7422 times)

spacejanitor

Anybody gone through Korea?
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
I know it's sort of the wildcard around here, as I think most of us are from North America or Europe, but South Korea does seem to have a very competent jaw surgery practice.  Specifically, id Hospital has appeared in a few places online as having produced good results, but I haven't seen enough hard feedback to really be able to say one way or the other.

My case is a little complicated as I had braces after removing 3 wisdom teeth and a bicuspid, and their "Surgery First" approach, if actually a good idea and not a gimmick, would be far easier for me to swallow.  That way, once the jaw recovers, the teeth could be aligned to their "proper" positions more easily... at least, it seems logical that way to me.  Otherwise, I would need to create a space and implant a tooth, which from what I have read, is lengthy and somewhat risky.

I don't know whether surgery-first would work with a missing bicuspid.  I suppose it depends on whether the surgeon is able to skillfully reposition the maxilla and mandible based on the position of the jaw alone.  They seem to specialize in this, from what I have read.  Still, that would suggest they are more advanced in their techniques than most surgeons in North America.

Arnett seems to put a large focus on the airway, not just bite and aesthetics, which is also essential for me, as my jaw is slightly open at rest, and this contributes to my sleep apnea.  I have not read much from other surgeons about their focus on the airway.

Any South Korea patients here, or considering?

girl

Re: Anybody gone through Korea?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »
I know this is an old one, but I am seriously considering Korea. Ideally, I'd get out there for a couple of months and just do surgeries the whole time.

In general, their 'good' results (particularly for women) surpass anything I've seen anywhere else. If you're a guy, I'd be more cautious. No risk of a masculine look with them.

However, I am recessed and long-faced. That's my particular problem. I'm sure a Lefort impaction and hemifacial bite asymmetry correction would be within their range, but I need rotation of the jaw as well. I'm not interested in v-line although I do like the less extreme egs of their 'heart shaped' faces.

Word out there is that "EverM" are the ones to consider for "Western"-style jaw surgeries. However, trips back and forth would be needed to assess whether the hype matches the reality.

I want to get the remnant of my genio revised at the same time along with a revision rhino, scar revision, revision eye work and jaw surgery. But as experience has taught me, I doubt it's the panacea that they'd have you believe.

lulaki

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 02:23:42 AM »
Hello ragirl. I am planning to go to Seoul for double jaw and genioplasty revision. I am looking into various options. What did you do at the end?

ppsk

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:09:52 AM »
I had a look at idhospital

They do surgery first and they do a LOT of people.

That said, I am cautious because the korean aesthetic is seriously different to that of the caucasian one, and even if you specify otherwise, these big business private hospitals tend to stick to their comfort zone.

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
Going to South Korea for surgery??? Are you completely insane?!! It seems, nothing is to crazy for you when it comes to surgery! Today a Lefort III, tomorrow jaw surgery in South Korea.

I know a person who ended up with serious nerve damage after zygomatic reduction in Id Hospital. This thread should be deleted, it is dangerous. I will report it to the admin!

Vic

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:36:57 AM »
South Korea care more about aesthetics and the look than they do about function. So although you may get the look you want, the off
side to that will be health issues going forward. I've heard of people having breathing difficulties after the surgery

Bobbit

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
South Korea care more about aesthetics and the look than they do about function. So although you may get the look you want, the off
side to that will be health issues going forward. I've heard of people having breathing difficulties after the surgery

And of course,  they pay people to advertise or give surgery discounts if people let them use their faces on billboards in subway stations.

And there is the almost universal photoshop curse that is associated with every single set of Korean before/after pictures I have seen anywhere on the internet.

girl

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »
Hello ragirl. I am planning to go to Seoul for double jaw and genioplasty revision. I am looking into various options. What did you do at the end?

Hi Lulaki, I'm still considering Korea. I heard that the place to get surgery is Ever M Dental - not "ID" though, as there are bad reviews about that place.

What went wrong with your genioplasty? Mine was botched in the USA.

Are you in contact with any of the clinics?

jawregret

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »
Hi Lulaki, I'm still considering Korea. I heard that the place to get surgery is Ever M Dental - not "ID" though, as there are bad reviews about that place.

What went wrong with your genioplasty? Mine was botched in the USA.

Are you in contact with any of the clinics?

How was yours botched?

2jawkorea

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 09:59:30 AM »
Everm botched one patient pn another forum.

Names thrown around have been everm and the face dental

Both of them can work with ortho in your own country

ID hospital has had deaths. Avoid

girl

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
Everm botched one patient pn another forum.

Names thrown around have been everm and the face dental

Both of them can work with ortho in your own country

ID hospital has had deaths. Avoid

Please give us some info on where to go in Korea - are EverM and Face no-gos?

What about Korea for revisions? Do you have any info on this?

girl

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »
How was yours botched?

Too much advancement, massive amount cut off and I had an overbite/asymmetry of the maxilla and mandible to begin with, which now looks worse.

ingwad

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »
Avoid id hospital it becmes a factory now.  everm dental and zeah dental are very good. they care not only esthetics but also functions.

Rico

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 11:16:11 AM »
ragiril: in my case also too big adjustment...take a look http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6746.msg56774#msg56774

UnderMunch

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 09:42:41 AM »
The ID-Hospital leaves me baffled: I mean, how can anyone remove so much of the lower third and still have it function properly?

But I also see that nobody leaves the ID-hospital looking more handsome or having anything even remotely resembling a good jawline or chin. The overall goal just seems to be "reduce and cut off until the patient looks pre-puberty".

Those surgeries may be fine for women who want to be ultra, super girly, but they are total instant castration for men!

On the other hand, I bet pedophiles are very thankful for the ID-Hospital.. and that's not even a joke.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]