Author Topic: Is this outcome possible with double jaw surgery? Gunson  (Read 13364 times)

JawKid7

Re: Is this outcome possible with double jaw surgery? Gunson
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »
you look perfect already don't have surgery
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

Aleina8586

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
Very stunning and sexy. I would be careful. Perfect is the enemy of good. When you have a not good looking starting point there is room for improvement. If you have such good looks already, there is much more chance to see little improvement or to make a mistake. Not many surgeons can make such a goodlooking face look better. Much more chance to not look better afterwards or even worse.

Thank you for your lovely comment Schrodinger :) I loved what you said about "perfect is the enemy of good", you are very wise. However I do feel I have a lot of room for improvement in my jaw area haha but I do know what you mean... After going through the forum and reading about some of the complications (scary stuff) I am not feeling 100% sure about my decision, I think I will only go ahead with it if the OMS says it's something that untreated will bring me problems in the future. I think going into this only for the aesthetic aspect is a bit too risky. Thank you for the advice!

chinnychinchin

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 02:22:30 PM »
I think you look better than Barbara Palvin  8)

ForeverDet

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 02:30:40 PM »
Thank you for your lovely comment Schrodinger :) I loved what you said about "perfect is the enemy of good", you are very wise. However I do feel I have a lot of room for improvement in my jaw area haha but I do know what you mean... After going through the forum and reading about some of the complications (scary stuff) I am not feeling 100% sure about my decision, I think I will only go ahead with it if the OMS says it's something that untreated will bring me problems in the future. I think going into this only for the aesthetic aspect is a bit too risky. Thank you for the advice!

Glad to hear your re-thinking it a bit. I don't need to tell you that you look attractive already and that your jaw looks good. Definitely have a consult with Dr. G, in person if possible, I suspect he'll point out some minor issues but say you don't need it. I don't recommend consulting with Wolford, he is a pioneer and one of the best however he will push for completely joint prosthetic replacement if you have even minor tmj issues.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »
 I have only one question: are you single?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 11:36:40 PM »
I'm not going to lie, my main goal is to achieve a nice looking jaw make @molestrip babies.

FTFY. For your convenience, I happen to be on the way too.

I've read that ortho sometimes can make it impossible (or very difficult) for someone to have jaw surgery in the future, especially if they extracted teeth... That scared me because I remember I had 2 extractions  :( I guess I'll just have to wait for my consults and see what's up. I had my treatment done so long ago that I barely remember what was done.

Not necessarily, it just has to be undone. At your age, probably not an issue. But you can't get those teeth back. You could get implants. Ultimately, your goal would be to re-center teeth in the alveolar bone. If you do have an underlying facial deformity, then there may also be thinning of cortical bone, adding insult to injury. Still, that stuff is very common in society these days, 25% of Americans lose all their teeth by 60.

The fact I had an anterior open bite before changes things? For the worse or for the better?  :-\

Depends on your perspective. It means you do indeed have a steep incline and, as a woman, you'd be at high risk for joint problems down the line. I don't know if surgeons will want to make that prediction, if they did many of us would never get to this point. At a minimum, you'd want to watch for sleep apnea as you age. By my observation, AOBs often pass as normal, attractive even, despite notable skeletal abnormalities. You'd get something close to the jaw you wanted at least.

I live in Dubai at the moment so unfortunately I have zero options locally, any surgeon I choose will be out of the country.

Syria isn't far and surgeons probably not too busy this time of year.

Surgery in general is nasty, avoid it like the plague. This one in particular comes with a lot of cost, risks, and compromises. The vast majority turn out well but you have so much to lose and even a good outcome for others might be terrible for you. Many of us don't mind losing feeling to lips, gums, palate, etc if it means keeping our teeth in the long run for example or not dieing of a heart attack in a decade because we can't sleep. Joint and airway problems are terrible, if your mandibular plane angle is over 40deg then I say go for it.

Aleina8586

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 03:36:15 AM »
I think you look better than Barbara Palvin  8)

Lol @chinnychinchin even though that's definitely not the case, your comment made my day. Thank you!

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:49:12 PM by Aleina8586 »

Aleina8586

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 04:22:36 AM »
FTFY. For your convenience, I happen to be on the way too.

Haha @molestrip you crack me up  ;D

Not necessarily, it just has to be undone. At your age, probably not an issue. But you can't get those teeth back. You could get implants. Ultimately, your goal would be to re-center teeth in the alveolar bone. If you do have an underlying facial deformity, then there may also be thinning of cortical bone, adding insult to injury. Still, that stuff is very common in society these days, 25% of Americans lose all their teeth by 60.
Phew! Good to hear it can be undone, probably more complicated though... I need to find an excellent orthodontist. How did you find yours?

Depends on your perspective. It means you do indeed have a steep incline and, as a woman, you'd be at high risk for joint problems down the line. I don't know if surgeons will want to make that prediction, if they did many of us would never get to this point. At a minimum, you'd want to watch for sleep apnea as you age..
Yes, that is always on my mind. The right side of my jaw makes a clicking sound when I open really wide and it worries me. That's also why I feel I should just get it over with now rather than later, but man reading about some of the complications got to me, it is such an invasive procedure.

Syria isn't far and surgeons probably not too busy this time of year.
Hahah that's true

Surgery in general is nasty, avoid it like the plague. This one in particular comes with a lot of cost, risks, and compromises. Many of us don't mind losing feeling to lips, gums, palate, etc if it means keeping our teeth in the long run for example or not dieing of a heart attack in a decade because we can't sleep. Joint and airway problems are terrible, if your mandibular plane angle is over 40deg then I say go for it.
I agree. It makes sense when your life is on the line. This forum has helped me a lot, I was SET on having the surgery but now I do want to know if it's actually necessary to avoid future health issues. Will be updating  ;)

Aleina8586

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 04:52:47 AM »
I don't recommend consulting with Wolford, he is a pioneer and one of the best however he will push for completely joint prosthetic replacement if you have even minor tmj issues.
@ForeverDet thank you for the heads up! it is always good to know about these things in advance, I really appreciate It  :) did you have surgery already?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:23:05 AM by Aleina8586 »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »
Haha I'm not, but I might be in a few months if I decide to go ahead with surgery lol he thinks I'm insane for wanting to cut my jaws  :-\ people with normal bites never understand  :'(

Well then I say do it. By the way I'd go with Sinn. What you want is your ramus dropped. Blus the other stuff.

Icy

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Seeing someone as beautiful as this dissatisfied with their appearance... aaand now I feel like jumping off of a cliff. I would legitimately kill to have jaw structure as normal looking as yours. :/ I hope you can sort out any functional issues you have, because honestly your cosmetic issues are minor at worst. Good luck

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 09:36:28 PM »
Phew! Good to hear it can be undone, probably more complicated though... I need to find an excellent orthodontist. How did you find yours?
Another orthodontist refused to work with me when he heard the surgeon name and gave me names of big guys in town. Not sure my ortho was good though. I've had better experiences with younger guys actually.

Yes, that is always on my mind. The right side of my jaw makes a clicking sound when I open really wide and it worries me. That's also why I feel I should just get it over with now rather than later, but man reading about some of the complications got to me, it is such an invasive procedure.
Sucks :( Very common though. It may resolve on its own. Surgery can worsen joint problems too. The one to watch out for is progressive ICR, that is arthritis of the joint. Once it starts, you won't be a great surgical candidate anymore. The key is to see what your imaging looks like and if you can kill a few birds with one stone while it's still fixable. Hopefully, everything will look good. Honestly near you, see if you can get to Dr Alfaro in Spain or someone in Israel to be closer. Get some imaging done and post it here. Look near dental schools, ideally professors with side practices. Anyone who does a lot of surgeries.

I agree. It makes sense when your life is on the line. This forum has helped me a lot, I was SET on having the surgery but now I do want to know if it's actually necessary to avoid future health issues. Will be updating  ;)

Aesthetics and health are often related. We're all very intrigued by your case but we need more pictures, xrays, nudes, whatever. Or at least /r/gonewildsmiles.

ForeverDet

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 12:57:02 AM »
@ForeverDet thank you for the heads up! it is always good to know about these things in advance, I really appreciate It  :) did you have surgery already?

No prob. Yes I did, I have a thread in the overbite forum.

kjohnt

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 04:37:19 PM »
I'm new to this so take this for what it's worth.

After analyzing your photos, I think perhaps the women in your "desired "photos have more forward projection (i.e. more distance between the ear and lips).  And perhaps more square jaw angles, but I honestly don't think it's the result of your maxilla's downward projection (or bad/clockwise rotation) since your features line up nicely in profile view.  I could be incorrect.  But you have a nice chin and labiomental sulcus (plus perfect forehead height IMO).  If you look at my profile picture in my thread, you'll see a difference between you and me in those regards.

Honestly, I tend to analyze people's facial features a lot given my insecurities about my own, and if I saw you in real life, your needing any form of surgery (aesthetically speaking) would not cross my mind at all.

Bobbit

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »
Seeing someone as beautiful as this dissatisfied with their appearance... aaand now I feel like jumping off of a cliff. I would legitimately kill to have jaw structure as normal looking as yours. :/ I hope you can sort out any functional issues you have, because honestly your cosmetic issues are minor at worst. Good luck

+ 1.   What Icy says.