Author Topic: Is this outcome possible with double jaw surgery? Gunson  (Read 13388 times)

Aleina8586

Re: Is this outcome possible with double jaw surgery? Gunson
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 02:50:38 AM »
Seeing someone as beautiful as this dissatisfied with their appearance... aaand now I feel like jumping off of a cliff. I would legitimately kill to have jaw structure as normal looking as yours. :/ I hope you can sort out any functional issues you have, because honestly your cosmetic issues are minor at worst. Good luck
You are so sweet @Icy, thank you for your kind words :) I haven't seen your jaw but trust me, we are our worst critics. We look at ourselves with a magnifying glass and think others do too. I'm clearly not the person to be preaching about self acceptance but hopefully you won't feel alone in this. Everyone has problems. His are as big to him as mine are to me and yours are to you. I'm trying not to obsess about it anymore because life sure as hell won't be perfect after surgery either (even though it feels like it sometimes). Wishing you the best of luck!

Aleina8586

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 03:25:01 AM »
Sucks :( Very common though. It may resolve on its own. Surgery can worsen joint problems too. The one to watch out for is progressive ICR, that is arthritis of the joint. Once it starts, you won't be a great surgical candidate anymore. The key is to see what your imaging looks like and if you can kill a few birds with one stone while it's still fixable. Hopefully, everything will look good. Honestly near you, see if you can get to Dr Alfaro in Spain or someone in Israel to be closer. Get some imaging done and post it here. Look near dental schools, ideally professors with side practices. Anyone who does a lot of surgeries.

@molestrip you have been so helpful, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your expertise!
I'm actually going to be in Madrid the second week of January so I'm taking a train to Barcelona to see Dr. Alfaro. They confirmed my appointment via text, but did not send any information to my email, which was annoying. It's going to be a long ass train ride so I expect a full evaluation and a plan, not a 10 min consultation. I sent them an email with my questions and waited 2 days, I sent them another one and the customer service person finally replied. Apparently she forwarded my email to the person in charge.. I literally asked 3 basic questions.. It's been 2 days and still no answer, so we'll see what happens, so far I'm not impressed. Arnett/Gunson are definitely more professional in this regard.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 05:58:11 AM »
Maxilla looks recessed, so I would bring that forward.

jaw angles can be improved with chin wing yes, but good luck finding anyone in america who does that with any degree of proficiency. Best option there would be custom ramal implants. You'll be done in one operation.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Aleina8586

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 06:55:44 AM »
Maxilla looks recessed, so I would bring that forward.

jaw angles can be improved with chin wing yes, but good luck finding anyone in america who does that with any degree of proficiency. Best option there would be custom ramal implants. You'll be done in one operation.

If the surgeons I'm consulting don't think double jaw surgery is worth it, I would look into it for sure. I was reading that Dr. Yaremchuk is the wizard of face implants.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »
If the surgeons I'm consulting don't think double jaw surgery is worth it, I would look into it for sure. I was reading that Dr. Yaremchuk is the wizard of face implants.

Look into CT Bone. That's been posted around here and has a bit of hype behind it.

As for your face, firstly, you are attractive. Your profile is aesthetic. HOWEVER, your upper lip is positioned behind your lower lip. This would indicate the maxilla is recessed. The options are either advance maxilla and create a more ante face (good) or bring lower jaw back and flatten the face (very bad, just f**k my s**t up type stuff). Please do not bring the lower jaw back. Such a bad idea no matter what the surgeon tells you.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 02:19:09 AM »
How's your tooth show? Can you post a picture of your smile from the front?

Icy

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 01:12:25 PM »
You are so sweet @Icy, thank you for your kind words :) I haven't seen your jaw but trust me, we are our worst critics. We look at ourselves with a magnifying glass and think others do too. I'm clearly not the person to be preaching about self acceptance but hopefully you won't feel alone in this. Everyone has problems. His are as big to him as mine are to me and yours are to you. I'm trying not to obsess about it anymore because life sure as hell won't be perfect after surgery either (even though it feels like it sometimes). Wishing you the best of luck!

Thank you, though I'm an artist and I call it as I see it. My facial problems are likely impossible to fix considering my entire facial structure is messed up, regardless of possible future surgery. You look completely normal and attractive. If you can let go of your obsession before you do something cosmetically regrettable, then do what you can to reduce the risk of later health problems and let it be. I'm sure it impacts your life to be psychologically focused as intensely inwards as one must be when confronting such problems, I know it impacts mine quite severely. I hope you can get the results you wish for nonetheless.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2015, 01:39:54 AM »
Okay I'm reading all of this over again and listen, why are you going to see Dr. Alfaro??

Listen, go see Gunson/Arnett and they will give you a proper, honest assessment of what needs to be done. They will also print you out a plan. They'll suggest HA paste for the jaw angles and rotating the lower jaw.

That said, I would then take that to see Dr. Sinn and have him do the surgery because he will drop your ramus to give you the square jaw and angles you want (in addition to the CCW along G/A's lines).  But if Gunson/Arnett discourage you from sugery just don't do it. If they actually think your health will benefit from it, then proceed on your own account.

You're already around the 10 zone appearance wise (can't see you body which plays a factor obvs but still). You are legitimately a stunner and I don't use that term often. Beauty and G/A's analysis wrote about is so holistically related to skin quality and hair lustre and other factors --you have all that in spades. You're the complete package. If they discourage you from it, or say you're not in the health risk zone, walk away from this forum and enjoy your life. Honestly, I even find the steeper angle of your jaw aesthetically more compelling and striking than the square jaw you want. You're a beauty.

JawKid7

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 07:46:20 AM »
please put your pics back up for research purposes :P
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015