Author Topic: Allergy to not pure titanium ?  (Read 1451 times)

Rico

Allergy to not pure titanium ?
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »
What kind of mini plates your surgeon installed in your case ?

My used not pure titanium made by KLS or something

And it might be coincidence or i got allergic reaction. Skin rash in some part of my body. Not in the operated region

My surgeon told me he has never seen such thing. But you know, doctors never see bad reactions on their previous patients. Standard

Have you ever heard about that problem ?.

Tomorrow I'm gonna write more about my surgery
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:24:59 AM by Rico :) »

Bobbit

Re: Allergy to not pure titanium ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:14:08 AM »
What kind of mini plates your surgeon installed in your case ?

My used not pure titanium made by KLS or something

And it might be coincidence or i got allergic reaction. Skin rash in some part of my body. Not in the operated region

My surgeon told me he has never seen such thing. But you know, doctors never see bad reactions on their previous patients. Standard

Have you ever heard about that problem ?.

Tomorrow I'm gonna write more about my surgery

KLS has been making those same titanium alloy plates for a long time.  That alloy is regularly used by surgeons everywhere in the world in lots of different applications.   I think coincidence or else you are one of the very rare persons to react to that alloy.

Rico

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »
Yes i hope its a delayed reaction to a drug.

Rico

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 12:53:14 AM »
Its getting bigger . So probably i have alergy to those mini plates. So I'm done . They cannot be removed know. I'm afraid of anifilactic reaction. Doctor do not know what to do. My life is s**t. So unlucky.

Perhaps antihistamines drugs.
:(

Rico

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 01:45:51 AM »
Food, ? fungal infection due to prolonged antibiotic treatment , stress ? I'm not so stressed.

I'm gonna ask doctors about some blood tests

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 07:01:56 AM »
Why can't the miniplates be removed?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Rico

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »
Too early . No bone Union. I consulted dermatologist and he told it's mostly bad delayed reaction to some drugs like penicillin iv. Bad reactions to mini plates happen but rarely and not so fast. No faster than 2-3 months postop Now I'm on my back way, so later I'm gonna write more about my surgery in New thread

Bobbit

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 03:48:36 PM »
Its getting bigger . So probably i have alergy to those mini plates. So I'm done . They cannot be removed know. I'm afraid of anifilactic reaction. Doctor do not know what to do. My life is s**t. So unlucky.

Perhaps antihistamines drugs.
:(

The implanted standard alloy is titanium with small amounts of aluminum and vanadium.   That makes the material twice as strong as trying to only use pure titanium.

It is almost a certainty that you are not having problems with those implants.   Look for some other explanation.

Rico

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 12:18:14 AM »
I think,Skin rash slowly goes away. OK

i got antibiotic iv and other drugs, stopped
and after 2 days I go these...so it was tricky

probably delayed response, but I never used to have any allergies,i can eat even kilogram of nuts, and no single red dot develope

I think about very strange mixed action  - coincidence

i also started to take vit B complex
perhaps some interaction.  but i many times used to take penicilines and after that vitamins

but first time i got many drugs iv.  some some protection was skipped

I think i will never know the  exact reason ;)

the most funny was the skins rash was going around my body and at the end it focues on my ears
i looked funny..even problem sustains but it seems it slowly goes away

WHEN IT COMES TO THE IMPLANTS I WAS TOLD THAT THEY MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTION, BUT VERY DELAYED
SOME METALS WHICH DISSOLVES IN YOUR SYSTEM MUST BE CUMULATED

AND I HOPE MY MINIPLATES DO NOT CONTAIN ALUMINIUM, BECAUSE IT'S WELL KNOWN THAT ALUMINIUM CAUSES MANY ILLNES (alzhamer) AND AFFECT CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM - I WILL CHECK THE INGERDIENTS LATER
MY SURGEON TOLD THAT MINI PLATES SHOULD NEVER STAY IN SYSTEM MORE THAN 1 YEAR. AFTER THAT THE RISK IS TOO BIG - RELATIVELY
SOME SURGEONS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THAT, BUT MY CARES

AND MY MINI PLATES  CAN'T BE  STRONG. MUST BE SOFTER.. THEY ARE INSTALLED ON ZYGOMATIC BONE