Author Topic: Zygomatic ARCH augment?  (Read 15736 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Zygomatic ARCH augment?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
Radiesse is injected either in the deepest layer of the skin OR right above the bone. It's thicker and "harder" than any other filler. It's more or less an injectable implant and It's much more controllable.
You may need more syringes though, if you really want "high" cheekbones. One syringe wont give you model cheeks if you were flat before.

All patient reviwes I read were extremly positive. I will for sure try this.

Not sure I'd use this for cheekbones as getting the contours of that might be extremely difficult. Then again I'm not an expert.

My plan would be to have a modified le fort III to widen and advance midface and then use HA paste to widen the arch post-op to suit.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

triot

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
Not sure I'd use this for cheekbones as getting the contours of that might be extremely difficult. Then again I'm not an expert.

My plan would be to have a modified le fort III to widen and advance midface and then use HA paste to widen the arch post-op to suit.

Ok, I think we need to clarify what we all mean when we talk about the zygomatic arch/cheekbones :D

Zygomatic arch = zygomatic process of the temproal bone + temproal process of the zygomatic bone

This is what I thought zygomatic arch is, which translates into cheekbone. Or do you guy really mean only the zygomatic process?

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 05:44:04 PM »
Ok, I think we need to clarify what we all mean when we talk about the zygomatic arch/cheekbones :D

Zygomatic arch = zygomatic process of the temproal bone + temproal process of the zygomatic bone

This is what I thought zygomatic arch is, which translates into cheekbone. Or do you guy really mean only the zygomatic process?

This is what we're talking about:

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:50 AM »
This is what we're talking about:

Anyone been able to find before/after shots of filler being used there?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 02:49:57 PM »
or HA paste? which is basically radiesse.

Here's the thing, you need a surgeon who knows how to deliver that s**t right to the bone, not just superficial skin crap.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »
or HA paste? which is basically radiesse.

Here's the thing, you need a surgeon who knows how to deliver that s**t right to the bone, not just superficial skin crap.

Radiesse is always applied to the bone I believe. I didn't know it could be applied skin deep.. would be weird no?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 11:25:10 PM »
Radiesse is always applied to the bone I believe. I didn't know it could be applied skin deep.. would be weird no?

yeah it can, which is why you need a guy who knows what he/she is doing.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 11:37:55 PM »
see even these yahoos have no concrete idea how to do it. so you gotta find a good doc for this too!

http://www.realself.com/question/radiesse-actual-cheekbone

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 11:42:19 PM »
these after photos look hella fake but it would be nice if these results were possible. for me this would be to augment my modified lefort 3 and smooth out any parts i wanted enhanced. not instead of it. http://beautywithouttheblade.com/2011/11/21/cheekbone-enhancement-by-new-york-plastic-surgeon-dr-nicholas-vendemia-of-mas-manhattan-aesthetic-surgery-cheekbone-augmentation-fillers-for-cheeks-juvederm-restylane-radiesse-sculptra/

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 06:13:54 AM »
I am still concerned that fillers will create a much too "round" shape and not the angular one we men are looking for.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 02:58:29 AM »
All in all, I'm not convinced any chin wing/malar osteotomy will give a decent type of projection. I was looking at some pics, and it is disappointing really to see people got all the works (bsso's, ching wings, zygomatic osteotomies) and if I compared with a picture of the regular goodlooking dude in the street, the latter still has far better bone structure. Something is not right about that. I have to see the first chin wing/malar osteotomy result still that makes someone very goodlooking with those model features. Thus far I have seen none, not one, of them: not here, not in consult. Just lowset cheeks and a bit of extra projection of the mandible with some rotation, with asymmetry as a trade-off. Yet it seems common to be chasing that look with exactly these procedures.

No one completely understands what makes a person good looking, the most you can hope for with these procedures is that they do what they're supposed to. Could you link the pictures you were looking at?

triot

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 10:10:10 AM »
All in all, I'm not convinced any chin wing/malar osteotomy will give a decent type of projection. I was looking at some pics, and it is disappointing really to see people got all the works (bsso's, ching wings, zygomatic osteotomies) and if I compared with a picture of the regular goodlooking dude in the street, the latter still has far better bone structure. Something is not right about that. I have to see the first chin wing/malar osteotomy result still that makes someone very goodlooking with those model features. Thus far I have seen none, not one, of them: not here, not in consult. Just lowset cheeks and a bit of extra projection of the mandible with some rotation, with asymmetry as a trade-off. Yet it seems common to be chasing that look with exactly these procedures.

Well what exactly are you expecting?! Ofc the dude on the street will look better, his face grew naturally that way and surgery can't mimick nature. Thesw procedures work best on people who grew as nature intended and want to change their features a bit and even then it will never look like the naturally good-looking guys, let alone on people who have generalized facial bone deficiency.

There will never be a surgery that will turn you from a sub avarage dude to a model. Not a chinwing, not a malar osteotomy, not a Lefort III. You take what you can get and hope they will make your situation a bit less bad or you leave it all together.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
I did not expect that a sub average dude can end up looking like a model after surgery. But if a guy with some deficiencies gets the complete works, chin wing, zygo's, and some even bsso or max fax in addition, imo you should be able to expect to look like you have good bone structure. And to me the surgery result would be a failure if any regular goodlooking dude in the street still has far better bone structure than you after such an amount of surgery.  The complaints from patients after surgery suggest they feel the same way about that.

As to posting pictures of those people I'm talking about. Search for any pictures on the internet that patients have posted after the procedures named above, and it will show what I mean. I still have to see the first  astonishing result of these type of surgeries not published in a paper by a surgeon but published by an actual patient, more than a year after surgery. (That's how long it takes for the final result to become visible). Up until now I've seen asymmetry, crooked chins, a bit extra rotation and projection with asymmetry, lowset cheeks. How would those patients feel if I would repost their pics here, saying the regular goodlooking dude in the street still has far better bone structure than them. To me it would be devastating to be in that position. Although, as mentioned, most patients that do post pics, are not that satisfied themselves with the result either and seem to be looking for revision or additional surgery to augment. I did see implant results that took the average joe with deficiencies to a dude with good bone structure, which was mentioned by other forum members too. Isn't that what all this surgery is supposed to do in the first place?

Bone structure has little to do with attractiveness, I don't even know what to tell you...

Lestat

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 10:43:27 AM »

Hi Optimistic! Have you implemented your plan in the meantime?