Author Topic: Shave down uneven HA paste on jaw?  (Read 1910 times)

newchin

Shave down uneven HA paste on jaw?
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »
Hi all, its been a year and a half since i got my genioplasty and jaw augmentation with HA paste. Unfortunately the HA paste is super uneven from one side of my jaw to the other. Also my genioplasty seems to have been slid more diagonally up than horizontally, reducing the vertical height of my chin quite noticeably. Would it be possible to find anyone that would be able to contour the existing HA paste to be more even?

I live in the California bay area but could travel within the states easily enough. Hoping it won't cost a fortune but I'm depressed as hell at this point, its pretty obvious in most pictures and its getting me down. Id never have done it had i known this would be the outcome.

meepmeepmeep

Re: Shave down uneven HA paste on jaw?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 08:21:59 PM »
have you had any luck finding a doctor to help you even out the uneven HA paste? have you considered having you surgeon add more to even out the lopsidedness rather than shaving it down? since you are in california id suggest contacting dr gunson since he uses HA regularly on the jawline. do you mind disclosing who your surgeon was? is he a bay area surgeon?

im also interested in HA augmentation to the jawline but i am curious if unevenness is a common occurrence, especially when its used bilaterally. do you have any advice?

i hope you are feeling a little bit better.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:11:43 AM »
Hi all, its been a year and a half since i got my genioplasty and jaw augmentation with HA paste. Unfortunately the HA paste is super uneven from one side of my jaw to the other. Also my genioplasty seems to have been slid more diagonally up than horizontally, reducing the vertical height of my chin quite noticeably. Would it be possible to find anyone that would be able to contour the existing HA paste to be more even?

I live in the California bay area but could travel within the states easily enough. Hoping it won't cost a fortune but I'm depressed as hell at this point, its pretty obvious in most pictures and its getting me down. Id never have done it had i known this would be the outcome.

I could give you some options. Were your surgeons gunson/arnett?

newchin

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
My surgeon was mommaerts. I now live in the bay area and researched online and came across Dr deschamps braly from someone on here. Its just not feasible to add the amount he did and expect it to be even and smooth. My jawline is all lumps and bumps and iv lost a lot of weight recently so its even more obvious.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 01:01:35 AM »
My surgeon was mommaerts. I now live in the bay area and researched online and came across Dr deschamps braly from someone on here. Its just not feasible to add the amount he did and expect it to be even and smooth. My jawline is all lumps and bumps and iv lost a lot of weight recently so its even more obvious.

go with Arnett/Gunson they have a lot of experience with HA paste.