Author Topic: Facial Asymmetry  (Read 1030 times)

Amyrose

Facial Asymmetry
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
Honestly just found this website because I need to rant. I need to type. I need to just talk to someone who won't say 'you're beautiful' 'there's nothing wrong with you' 'you look fine' because there is something wrong with me and it's not fine, which is clear to see in photos. And that is facial asymmetry. I had upper jaw surgery around 4 months ago and now everything's settled down I've noticed my face is horribly asymmetrical. My nose is noticeably way off to the right, one of my cheekbones is slightly more prominent and my lips are off - as in my top lip to the right and bottom lip to the left. It's so horrible and I'm just waiting on an appointment with the surgeon to show him and tell him. I'm not sure what my options will be to fix it though :( It's getting me so down because I waited 5 years for the surgery in the hopes it would make me feel confident and happy, and it's ruined me. Now I'm worried I'm going to have to wait and go through the surgery all over again. ARGH. Just frustrated. Anyone else in the same boat?

terry947

Re: Facial Asymmetry
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 01:20:19 AM »
The asymmetry was caused by the surgery?