Author Topic: Depressed ... Regretting Surgery I look like a chimp freak now ... Underbite LF1  (Read 29079 times)

Yonechan

i'm after 2 months and I know I have overcorrection... I'm really annoyed

and it's not only about aesthetic .. due to this my joints are extremely overloaded. I have already partially damaged.
My dentists says 2 max 4 weeks and kaput - irreverible damage occour

I try to to get help from my surgeon to correct this as soon as possible

f... the look, my joints are more important
Stay strong.. have u consulted with ur surgeon and look for 2nd opinion? Hope everything turns out wel
Hey I am about 8 weeks post op now and I can totally relate to what your feeling, I'm still super unhappy with my results so far but I guess we just need to wait out the 6 months before we start freaking out !!
I can relate to ur emotion and tbh, I am quite relieved that there is someone out there who can understand my feeling. Lots of people seems to think such problem is trivial and only in our mind. But tbh, it is NOT!

And 6 month sounds really too long to me :(. But I guess it's much better than permanent damage to our face :(

Btw hang in on there! Let's do our best together!

PloskoPlus

Hate to be a party-pooper.  If you don't like the way you look 4 weeks after surgery, you never will.  The whole "wait till the swelling comes down" is just a diversion used by doctors.  At 8 weeks 90% of the swelling should be gone.

Eugae93

I think you are pretty, in the last pics without the starting swelling, the profile is coming to be prettier  :D , girl, seems like it is going better and better isn't it?  :)

chinnychinchin

Hate to be a party-pooper.  If you don't like the way you look 4 weeks after surgery, you never will.  The whole "wait till the swelling comes down" is just a diversion used by doctors.  At 8 weeks 90% of the swelling should be gone.

This is a harsh generalization; everyone heals differently. I looked like a monster up until recently when the swelling finally started to subside significantly.

PloskoPlus

This is a harsh generalization; everyone heals differently. I looked like a monster up until recently when the swelling finally started to subside significantly.
Your swelling was caused by ha. 99% of jaw surgery patients don't get ha.

Yonechan

Your swelling was caused by ha. 99% of jaw surgery patients don't get ha.
what is ha? how do we know we have ha or not

Valoz

3 weeks vs 8 weeks post op

Swelling has come down a lot during my 3 weeks to 8 weeks post op points, hopefully my face settles a bit more.

I pretty much have no more numbness in my face and lips, however I am concerned about my speech, currently I sound like I have a retainer in my mouth / I sound like I have a lisp still? and I also have no sensation in my upper gums. 

***To anyone who has had the surgery is this normal for the 8 weeks point ? ***
I'm just curious because I've seen others' jaw surgery experiences and they seem to sound normal and look pretty normal around the 8 week point. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:45:05 PM by Valoz »

JawKid7

3 weeks vs 8 weeks post op

Swelling has come down a lot during my 3 weeks to 8 weeks post op points, hopefully my face settles a bit more.

I pretty much have no more numbness in my face and lips, however I am concerned about my speech, currently I sound like I have a retainer in my mouth / I sound like I have a lisp still? and I also have no sensation in my upper gums. 

***To anyone who has had the surgery is this normal for the 8 weeks point ? ***
I'm just curious because I've seen others' jaw surgery experiences and they seem to sound normal and look pretty normal around the 8 week point.

you look great right now. I'm nearly 4 months post op and I still have numbness on my upper gums and imo I still got abit of swelling on my upper lip
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

Vic

every surgeon tells me "go to your surgeon". F...
but I see myself that it's something wrong

overloaded joints - mild pain as far, but it will be worse
still deviated jaw... masseter muscle can;t adjust... too big change from the original bone position
today i found out that there is no union on my zygmatic arch.. when i push the bone i hear grinding...
It's 2 months since surgery.... not good

I gave my surgeon all observations in PDF... to help him in proper diagnosis

Surgeon gave me next consultation on 28.02.
i asked him 3 times about earlier new date and no response. I begged... nothing
it looks like he was sued many times. That's why he does not respond on mails. I do not know any reason to not write anything for a patient who is worried
I called secretary today. She told me he should answer me today, and nothing :/

i obiously need correction until the bone union on the rest part will be too strong

What surgeon did your operation? and what did you have done?

zaynab34

I am in the same condition i hate my profile alot my face has gone small and round which i dont like. My bottom jaw line looks like it swillen or something, it makes me look fat. When  i had jaw surgery back in july 2015. Can anyone tell me a surggeon in england who would do the reversal  please.

ben from UK

True. But i would say 6-8 weeks on average. This whole 'you should wait at least 3 months' is definately not true. Not only based on my experiece, but other people's experiece as well.  If 80 percent of swelling is gone, and you don't like your face, the final 20% less swelling aren't going to change the structure of your face. That is just a matter of soft tissue details, ot really important. The moment the structure of the face is visible, and you don't like it, in the vast amount of cases, you will never like it.   

Lazlo

• Private
honestly little things change up to 3 months post op. little things. there were little things i didn't like that did change for the better, but f**ked up things that stayed. but if you're full on chimp freak there are things that can be done. share a pic. don't be a b*tch.

haven

• Private
You guys are posting on a thread that was made over two years ago by a person that was last online in 2016. Come on, bruh.  ???

ben from UK

honestly little things change up to 3 months post op. little things. there were little things i didn't like that did change for the better, but f**ked up things that stayed. but if you're full on chimp freak there are things that can be done. share a pic. don't be a b*tch.

I do not disagree with that. Little things. Small details. Definition. What do you mean with there are things that can be done.

I do not believe surgeons are psychopaths. I think most of them want to make someone better looking and give him or her a good feeling (and avoid revisions and even court cases). But they miscalculate alot of times. Overcorrection happens alot of times. Also, it's just very difficult to make someone better looking. You take a look at Hollywood actors and even 90 percent of these actors are worse off after PS.

ben from UK

3 weeks post op and my face still looks huge. Partly due to soft tissue excess, partly because of the structure. It looks like a disaster until now. Most of the swelling seems to be gone. I haven't seen changes for the last couple of days. I'm losing hope.