Author Topic: ALTERNATIVE TO SURGERY  (Read 1055 times)

CandyApple

ALTERNATIVE TO SURGERY
« on: December 30, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »
Has anyone tried any of these devices that move jaw in a forward position?  I am looking for reason to back out of surgery. Im just too scared and I may be starting a new job only 3 weeks post op.  Here is the link      http://www.wholeyou.com/respire-ef

but then you would have to have this for the rest of your life but IDK whats better surgery or trying something like this

PloskoPlus

Re: ALTERNATIVE TO SURGERY
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 11:22:17 PM »
Has anyone tried any of these devices that move jaw in a forward position?  I am looking for reason to back out of surgery. Im just too scared and I may be starting a new job only 3 weeks post op.  Here is the link      http://www.wholeyou.com/respire-ef

but then you would have to have this for the rest of your life but IDK whats better surgery or trying something like this

What is supposed to do?  Dislocate your lower jaw forward as you sleep?

Purist

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 07:24:59 AM »
This is nothing more than a plastic Herbst device?

CandyApple

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 08:25:05 AM »
VWoof

(((( I suppose as the advanced mandible wants to pull back to its original retroposition, the maxilla acts in tandem and experiences the cumulative lifetime effects of this backward pulling force of the jaw muscles.))))

wow very good point! I would not want something to start pulling back my upper face that is in the right position and needs no surgery.  Thanks that helps a lot.

terry947

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 11:46:19 PM »
No. Wearing this will make your maxilla go back even further over time and remodel the condyle joints.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 12:40:56 AM »
Do you like pain and a lifetime of problems? Cause that's what you'll get by using this instead of surgery. Assuming it's the right surgery of course.