Author Topic: Amazing surgery results  (Read 14386 times)

FryGuy

Amazing surgery results
« on: January 01, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
These guys massively improved from the profile view, so much so that i'm not even sure these results haven't been shopped.

Anyone ever heard of Dr. Antipov in California? I haven't seen any topics related to him on these forums and i'm curious if he's legit.

Apparently this guy can craft midfaces out of thin air. 0_0

[attachment deleted by admin]

FryGuy

Re: Amazing surgery results
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 12:38:31 PM »
also, the only information available on what they had were vague terms like "bite correction" "nasal base correction" "upper and lower jaw forward" etc

Seems sketchy to me but if it's real, holy hell he's good.

kjohnt

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »
The afters look good I agree, but these both look like straightforward maxillary advancement cases to me.  It's generally never that simple I'm sure, but I can't tell that either of these guys received rotation or BSSO or even genioplasty.

Edit: Coincidentally I ended up at his site after typing "orthognathic counterclockwise rotation" into Google and he does have some great before/afters though.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:49:11 PM by kjohnt »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 03:56:10 PM »
The guy is like Dougie Howser. 
Tooth show here is not ideal.  She was probably over impacted:

https://www.drantipov.com/cases/corrective-jaw-surgery/oms000019/

ForeverDet

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 05:13:13 PM »

Yes overimpacted and unfortunate nose tipping with alar base widening. I had that unfortunate widening too but no obvious upward tipping, thank god for that. Btw to anyone reading, beyond the "unpredictability due to individual soft tissue responses" aka YMMV, anyone have a good answer as to why some patients of Dr. Gunson/Arnett or whoever don't get nose changes while other's do? If the preventative techniques are the same and the movements are similar.

The only con from my surgery beyond some small residual swelling form the HA, is my nose changing. Irritating considering my defects were corrected more or less fully and I traded it for another problem albeit a wider nose isn't a huge deal even for my face.

FryGuy

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 11:33:23 PM »
The afters look good I agree, but these both look like straightforward maxillary advancement cases to me.  It's generally never that simple I'm sure, but I can't tell that either of these guys received rotation or BSSO or even genioplasty.

Edit: Coincidentally I ended up at his site after typing "orthognathic counterclockwise rotation" into Google and he does have some great before/afters though.

I'm mainly impressed with how far forward the nasal base on those guy came forward, I haven't seen many results like that in terms of midface protrusion. Did they just have a really large maxillary advancements or can some other technique dig the nose out like that?

FryGuy

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 11:37:52 PM »
Yes overimpacted and unfortunate nose tipping with alar base widening. I had that unfortunate widening too but no obvious upward tipping, thank god for that. Btw to anyone reading, beyond the "unpredictability due to individual soft tissue responses" aka YMMV, anyone have a good answer as to why some patients of Dr. Gunson/Arnett or whoever don't get nose changes while other's do? If the preventative techniques are the same and the movements are similar.

The only con from my surgery beyond some small residual swelling form the HA, is my nose changing. Irritating considering my defects were corrected more or less fully and I traded it for another problem albeit a wider nose isn't a huge deal even for my face.

Does alar base reduction have good results? Seems like nose widening is pretty unavoidable with maxillary advancement :/

terry947

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »
The first guy have cheek implants.

https://www.drantipov.com/cases/corrective-jaw-surgery/oms000034/

I looks better but his lateral zygo projection is weak so is 3/4 profile is sort of weak. Also I think the blond girls nose looks fine. People say the nose looks wider, sure but with a recessed maxilla the nose has no support so it looks longer and thinner.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:37:38 AM by terry947 »

ForeverDet

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »
Does alar base reduction have good results? Seems like nose widening is pretty unavoidable with maxillary advancement :/

It can with the right technique/doctor. That's the rub, finding the right doctor who picks the right technique with the right experience to give you the right result :) Usually that means doing a wedge/slit combination procedure.

I plan on getting it done but won't do it until I feel 100% comfortable with the doc and the treatment plan. Nose's are easy to f**k up and ultimately I could just leave it alone and accept it if needed.

FryGuy

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 11:35:57 AM »
It can with the right technique/doctor. That's the rub, finding the right doctor who picks the right technique with the right experience to give you the right result :) Usually that means doing a wedge/slit combination procedure.

I plan on getting it done but won't do it until I feel 100% comfortable with the doc and the treatment plan. Nose's are easy to f**k up and ultimately I could just leave it alone and accept it if needed.

well, happy to hear it isn't a huge problem for you :)
Question: Did your mouth widen at all to kind of balance the widening of the nose? Some lefort surgeries i've seen appear to have wider lips at rest along with the nose.

ForeverDet

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 12:01:28 PM »
well, happy to hear it isn't a huge problem for you :)
Question: Did your mouth widen at all to kind of balance the widening of the nose? Some lefort surgeries i've seen appear to have wider lips at rest along with the nose.

A little I guess but no amount of mouth widening can offset a nose that's too wide for your face. Still, any lip widening that happened was due to eliminating vertical excess and my lower lip posture improving. Generally when upper jaw is impacted to reduce incisor exposure, the upper lip flattens (philtrum lengthens relative to the commissures) so it gets wider which in my case was good. And my lower lip used to be really droopy and it's a lot better now, much more self supporting so it also sits more horizontal if you look straight on. Make sense?

Bobbit

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »

A  LOT of the  "after" pictures are either photoshopped or they have a lot of makeup applied on the after pictures that are not present on the "before" pictures.   That always makes me wonder.

He is a dentist / max/fac.    Not a plastic surgeon and not craniofacial trained.   

FryGuy

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 02:44:48 PM »
A little I guess but no amount of mouth widening can offset a nose that's too wide for your face. Still, any lip widening that happened was due to eliminating vertical excess and my lower lip posture improving. Generally when upper jaw is impacted to reduce incisor exposure, the upper lip flattens (philtrum lengthens relative to the commissures) so it gets wider which in my case was good. And my lower lip used to be really droopy and it's a lot better now, much more self supporting so it also sits more horizontal if you look straight on. Make sense?

ah, I see. Personally, I have somewhat of a thin mouth and was wondering if that could be an indirect benefit.

FryGuy

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »
A  LOT of the  "after" pictures are either photoshopped or they have a lot of makeup applied on the after pictures that are not present on the "before" pictures.   That always makes me wonder.

He is a dentist / max/fac.    Not a plastic surgeon and not craniofacial trained.   

Yeah, I kind of figured it was fraudulent given that no one around here had ever heard of him. Shame

PloskoPlus

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »
Yeah, I kind of figured it was fraudulent given that no one around here had ever heard of him. Shame
Nothing amazing at all about these results.  Mine is the same, chimp lip included.