Author Topic: Amazing surgery results  (Read 14466 times)

meeshi

Re: Amazing surgery results
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 06:46:41 PM »
I had a consult with Dr. Antipov.  I haven't gone through surgery with him.  He is very personable, but I had a hard time finding reviews on his work except for wisdom teeth removal.  The office staff are very nice, but a little casual.  The office is in a strip mall, kind of an odd location.  I know that doesn't tell you about results, but if there are any questions I could answer, feel free to pm me.  Also, if you have questions about his work, call his office.  The ladies are very helpful; I'm sure they would be happy to answer your before/after questions.

Bobbit

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 07:24:32 PM »
Yeah, I kind of figured it was fraudulent given that no one around here had ever heard of him. Shame

I don't know if  fraudulent the right word.  But it is certainly deceptive.

The problem with altered/photoshopped before and after pictures has become so common - -  that some of the very best plastic surgeons no longer post before/after pictures on their web sites. 

However,  if you do a consult at their offices - -  they will show you a hard drive full of before/after pictures - -  all taken under the same controlled conditions so as to give legitimate  before and after comparisons. 

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 12:11:55 AM »
He's got some videos on Youtube. Sounds like he uses the same basic technique as A&G, cheekbone augmentations with HA paste and drugs for joint degeneration. Not sure how he works around patent, A&G may just not know about his violation yet.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 12:30:13 AM »
He's got some videos on Youtube. Sounds like he uses the same basic technique as A&G, cheekbone augmentations with HA paste and drugs for joint degeneration. Not sure how he works around patent, A&G may just not know about his violation yet.
What patent, the stupid soup of bone chips?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »
Nothing exceptional about these results in fact I think they're on the bad side considering the lak of finesse, the chimp lip and the negative vectors under the eyes.

kjohnt

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
What is "chimp lip"?

notrain

• Private
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
What is "chimp lip"?
convex and protruding philtrum

Bobbit

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 04:35:48 PM »
Nothing exceptional about these results in fact I think they're on the bad side considering the lak of finesse, the chimp lip and the negative vectors under the eyes.

Lazlo,

I think the results are "ok".   Would you elaborate on what you mean by "lack of finesse" ?   And I don't see the lip as anything not pretty close to 1/2 std dev from the center of the  curve for "normal".  So help me understand why this is an example of a chimp lip ?

I do strongly object to what appears to be a significant use of photoshop / makeup and otherwise publishing pictures that do not meet the typical professional standards for objective  before/after documentation.

terry947

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »
are you guys talking about the first guy in regards to the chimp lip?

kjohnt

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 06:29:57 PM »
convex and protruding philtrum

I see... I definitely see it going on with the first guy.

Here's something I was thinking about previously regarding upward turning of the nose which I think also has everything to do with the chimp lip thing:

When a person has maxillary advancement performed, the maxilla is cut and moved forward as one piece.  It is purposely cut as a Lefort I fracture so as to not cut into the nerve endings of the upper teeth.  The entire piece is moved forward the same amount, so the top of the cut piece (bottom of nasal cavity) is moved forward the same as the bottom (top teeth). 

So if I use two lines, one for upper face and one for maxillary piece that is cut and repositioned, this:
Before:
|
|
After:
|
 |

But when a person has a natural (& not ruined by environmental factors),nicely projected maxilla I think there is a more natural curve to it from the upper face like this:
|
 \

The only way to try to mimic the natural profile would be to make multiple horizontal cuts into the maxilla and layer them like steps.  But that's not possible given nerves and a number of other factors.

I guess what I'm implying/theorizing/whatever is that if enough maxillary projection is achieved via surgery, "chimp lip" and "pig nose" are unavoidable to some degree.  Yes/no?

terry947

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 07:17:19 PM »
kjohnt,yes you are correct. the advancement creates a step off that is masked by tissue. I think the first guy was over advanced imo. But he still looks better in the after.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 11:26:21 PM »
When a person has maxillary advancement performed, the maxilla is cut and moved forward as one piece.  It is purposely cut as a Lefort I fracture so as to not cut into the nerve endings of the upper teeth.  The entire piece is moved forward the same amount, so the top of the cut piece (bottom of nasal cavity) is moved forward the same as the bottom (top teeth). 

That's incorrect. There's a few reasons for the location of the fracture, the biggest one being that it's a fracture not a cut. A SARPE is a cut. The points chosen are natural fracture lines in the skull, remember this stuff started before mechanized instruments existed. It's a good location for one because the scars aren't visible in the smile and the step is masked well at that location as other mentioned, not the case for those going into the midface. Nerves to teeth are actually severed but they grow back quickly. In fact, the hard palate is nearly completely cut off from the rest of the body before it heals again. When nerves are severed, the unconnected portion dies but the trunk regrows in all directions to rediscover it then the unsuccessful branches die off or so I read. I've heard of one or two cases where the nerves regrew in the wrong places creating confusing sensations. Small nerve branches repair and regrow more readily, the larger branches like the IAN does not. At least that's my primitive understanding. Someone with more biology here care to chime in? I had to look this stuff up because I wanted to understand the impact of my 3-piece on nerve loss and it appears, as it happens, that for the most part nerves are spared by the variant used to level the front segment. The variant used for widening the jaw is not, however, and so sensation to the palate may be lost for a longer period of time.

The only way to try to mimic the natural profile would be to make multiple horizontal cuts into the maxilla and layer them like steps.  But that's not possible given nerves and a number of other factors.
There's no way to fix them. The bone should remodel it slowly over time to some degree but it's still going to be a steep step. I know of one case where the lower segment was sharp and caused the person pain for 2 years until it healed because it was cutting into soft tissue around it. Maybe with custom resorbable bone grafts in the future they can smooth things out but still, not all sites are accessible. You have to work around key anatomy.

I guess what I'm implying/theorizing/whatever is that if enough maxillary projection is achieved via surgery, "chimp lip" and "pig nose" are unavoidable to some degree.  Yes/no?
The way you avoid the chimp lip is by advancing the nasal base. Otherwise, you end up with like 7mm of volume added under the nose. In a typical surgical plan, the nose advances 3-4mm so only 3-4mm is added to the upper lip which also thins somewhat. A 3mm protrusion is still considered aesthetic, albeit at the upper limit. In this respect, ANS shaving isn't doing you any favors. For men I think widening the nose is better tolerated while for women tipping is better but in both cases, some combination of the two is best depending on starting point. Various sutures are used to minimize the broadening of the nose.

Bobbit

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 07:52:51 AM »
I didn't read the OP but speaking of amazing surgery results, surely Raffani must be up there with the best, these look life changing:

http://www.facesurgery.it/chirurgia_ortognatica.php

Nice...   but why do they have to "doctor" up the AFTER pictures.   New hair color.   Darker eyebrow makeup.... facial makeup.... etc, etc.

terry947

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 08:30:33 PM »
@ most likely when the people come into the office after surgery they try and look their best. I know that when I go into Jaw surgery consults I usually look like complete s**t when they take pictures.

jawmaster

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 02:38:16 PM »
Some cases are photographed 1-2 years apart after surgery
people easily can change hair color and put make up when they asked to come for final pictures
After such a drastic improvement and extreme face makeover people want to look better