Author Topic: Amazing surgery results  (Read 14446 times)

Bobbit

Re: Amazing surgery results
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 04:15:35 PM »
I don't get why people ALWAYS need to point this out on before afters.

Forget the makeup, forget the hair, you can easily see the massive improvement in front,3/4,side etc increased anterior projection

Tumerican,

When I ask around about this issue among a couple of guys who do plastic surgery (not jaw surgery) - - - they tell me there are explicit professional guidelines on how surgeons are required to document surgeries so that the before and after pictures are legitimate  apples to apples comparisons.  The surgeons that choose to post up those kinds of photo-shopped or make-up altered pictures know that their fellow surgeons would all call BS on those kinds of pictures.   

So the issue is maybe not whether  you or I can  "evaluate " our way around the make-up and photo-shopping  in the "after" pictures -   but rather the issue is that the routine use of those kind of non-conforming (to routine practice professional standards) pictures suggests an attempt on the part of the surgeon who sponsors those pictures to deceive or mislead the uninformed prospective patients.  That casts doubt on the character of the surgeon.

This is one reason that some of the very best plastic surgeons do not even publish before and after galleries.  They do not want to try to "compete" with the photo-shopped presentations that are ubiquitous.

Jay.R

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 01:51:01 PM »
Im one of the guys above (first two pics).
Wanted to mention right way, that my pics were not modified, photoshopped, make-uped, etc.
The after picture was taken 7 weeks after surgery, i was still super swollen.

I was really lucky to have met Dr. Antipov. It took me almost 2.5 years to find the right surgeon.
After meeting him, i realized that this is the guy i want to trust work on my face.
First of all, he was one of the three surgeons, who told me that i'd only have to get  my upper jaw done only (bring it forward), instead of cutting lower one as well, like the other two surgeons told me.
Second of all, Dr. Antipov is a very precise, professional guy, who spent so much of his time on me to make sure i fully understand the whole process that was going to happen to me.
Third of all, he did a 3D surgery on the computer to show me how I'm gonna look like after, which was really helpful.
And the last thing, Galleria Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery's stuff has been amazing, i didn't have to worry about anything like calling my insurance, collecting paperwork, X-rays, to get the surgery approved, they took care of everything.

Its been 4 months since my surgery. I fell like nothing ever happened to me. Couldn't be happier with the results. Oh, yea, i haven't had a single pain killer after my surgery, literally not one. Here is a day before pics and after pics the i just took.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:05:19 PM by Jay.R »

kjohnt

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »
Im one of the guys above (first two pics).
Wanted to mention right way, that my pics were not modified, photoshopped, make-uped, etc.
The after picture was taken 7 weeks after surgery, i was still super swollen.

I was really lucky to have met Dr. Antipov. It took me almost 2.5 years to find the right surgeon.
After meeting him, i realized that this is the guy i want to trust work on my face.
First of all, he was one of the three surgeons, who told me that i'd only have to get  my upper jaw done only (bring it forward), instead of cutting lower one as well, like the other two surgeons told me.
Second of all, Dr. Antipov is a very precise, professional guy, who spent so much of his time on me to make sure i fully understand the whole process that was going to happen to me.
Third of all, he did a 3D surgery on the computer to show me how I'm gonna look like after, which was really helpful.
And the last thing, Galleria Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery's stuff has been amazing, i didn't have to worry about anything like calling my insurance, collecting paperwork, X-rays, to get the surgery approved, they took care of everything.

Its been 4 months since my surgery. I fell like nothing ever happened to me. Couldn't be happier with the results. Oh, yea, i haven't had a single pain killer after my surgery, literally not one. Here is a day before pics and after pics the i just took.

It must be kind of weird to visit a forum and see your pictures posted in a thread with people giving their opinions huh?  Thanks for posting; it is appreciated.

I see the issues discussed about your lips were due to just swelling, because it's not there anymore.  You now have a very "ante face" in that there is a lot of projection, and I think partially reducing the mandible could have been a reasonable option, but I think I'd also have opted to leave the mandible alone as you did if I was in your shoes.  It's also in part due to that you occlusal plane is flat(ish) I believe, because your gonial angles sit well in front of your ears.  Mine are basically under my ear canals which makes me think I need CCW rotation, which Antipov can perform.

I'm interested to know more about the process from consultation to surgery.  I'm sending a PM.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 08:04:50 PM »
How's your tooth show at rest and smiling?  How big was your movement?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 08:10:31 PM »

I see the issues discussed about your lips were due to just swelling, because it's not there anymore.  You now have a very "ante face" in that there is a lot of projection, and I think partially reducing the mandible could have been a reasonable option, but I think I'd also have opted to leave the mandible alone as you did if I was in your shoes.  It's also in part due to that you occlusal plane is flat(ish) I believe, because your gonial angles sit well in front of your ears.  Mine are basically under my ear canals which makes me think I need CCW rotation, which Antipov can perform.

I also had a LF1 advancement to fix an underbite.  My mandibular plane is much steeper than Jay.R's.  So my upper lip now just hangs there vertically like a piece of crap and dominates my chin, my lower lip.  I basically went from class III to looking like class II.  Kind of like that girl complaining about a chimp lip after LF1.  My surgery was done by a surgeon with 10x the surgical experience of this "Dougie Howser" surgeon.

kjohnt

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »
I also had a LF1 advancement to fix an underbite.  My mandibular plane is much steeper than Jay.R's.  So my upper lip now just hangs there vertically like a piece of crap and dominates my chin, my lower lip.  I basically went from class III to looking like class II.  Kind of like that girl complaining about a chimp lip after LF1.  My surgery was done by a surgeon with 10x the surgical experience of this "Dougie Howser" surgeon.

I assume you'd have rather gone to Antipov knowing what you now know?  Do you think it's because you needed CCW rotation along with the maxillary advancement?

laseulefleur

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 04:38:18 AM »
The first guy posted a review on realself.com

https://www.realself.com/review/roseville-ca-orthognathic-surgery-25-year-corrective-jaw-surgery-underbite#

I think he's the real deal.Only if I were in California :(

Jawbreaker

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2017, 10:00:39 PM »
Hey ForeverDet, I have that same problem with my lip! Glad you got it fixed :) who did your surgery?

slysurfz

• Private
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 11:16:28 AM »
Just a tidbit to add on here ( name rhyme with)

I was at Dr Bronson for consult and asked them so show me before and after, I got told  he doesn't have permission but showed me one anyway which he had permission for, I asked him to show me someone similar to me at least with similar movements ,he did not have one handy.

So I asked him if I could show him a case online and he could tell me if he had same movements, I showed him the guy with the short face on  Dr krakow . He took one look and started rattling off mistakes then he paused and asked who did it, lets me know that he had been trained there as part  of their program for a bit :)

Same thing happened with a surgeon in NY Dr NewGarden as soon as he saw the pic he started rattling on mistakes

The guy is new he's trying to build his skills and practice, def not a doogie howser

tjarrr

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 06:04:13 PM »
The first guy posted a review on realself.com

https://www.realself.com/review/roseville-ca-orthognathic-surgery-25-year-corrective-jaw-surgery-underbite#

I think he's the real deal.Only if I were in California :(

He doesn't look any better after the surgery. I like his before picture better. Probably because his undereye/zygoma area was not advanced relative to the submalar anterior projection he gained, which can be feminizing.

CCW

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2017, 04:00:43 AM »
He doesn't look any better after the surgery. I like his before picture better. Probably because his undereye/zygoma area was not advanced relative to the submalar anterior projection he gained, which can be feminizing.
Sure, ok. He went from an obvious Class III appearance to completely normal, handsome even. Jaw surgery isn't magic, and the surgeon's job is only to get the jaws where they should've been had growth happened naturally. What you look like after surgery, depends on your other features. The amazing transformations that you sometimes see are young people, usually women, who have great features that are masked by their dentofacial deformity. That guy didn't want to have bimax and his doc was able to give him a good result without having touch his mandible. That way he also avoided the complications that are associated with BSSO. What more can you hope for?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2017, 05:03:39 AM »
IMO the maxilla was over advanced. I have the same thing. Upper jaw only surgery rarely gives an optimal result.

CCW

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2017, 05:32:26 AM »
IMO the maxilla was over advanced. I have the same thing. Upper jaw only surgery rarely gives an optimal result.
Yeah, of course. A single jaw surgery is always a compromise because that's not how dentofacial deformities happen. It always affects both jaws, more or less. Every other jaw surgeon that guy saw recommended bimax, but he didn't want to have bimax. He acknowledged a single jaw operation was going to be a compromise, but he was willing to live with it. I think it looks good, and a normal person is not going to notice anything wrong with his jaws, even if the the treatment plan wasn't perfect. Most jaw surgery patients don't care as much about this s**t as people on here. They just want to have their operation, get a decent result and move on with their life.

idk

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »
That guy looks bad. That excessive anteface is not normal at all in that phenotype imo.  Too much maxilla projection

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
The girl on Dr. Antipov's website does look good, but tooth show could have been better compensated by doing an upper lip lift. The problem with the Alar stitch is that it's not a very effective way of controlling the widening of the nasal floor.

I'm quoting this from realself.com from Surgeon Peter A. Aldea, MD, Memphis Plastic Surgeon
"The ONLY way the middle and base of the nose can be brought together and narrowed surgically with a fracture of the lateral sides of the nose and bringing them together."