Author Topic: Need honest opinion on fixing botched results  (Read 2583 times)

Rico

Re: Need honest opinion on fixing botched results
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 05:46:40 PM »
when a man can't get used to having around 90% - 95% of normal feeling for 4 years (mild compression) it's not gonna change , especially when the result will be worse... but it's not my thread. no space for my complaining here

Perhaps this is because it's really big area
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:57:40 PM by Rico :) »

ditterbo

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 07:48:08 PM »
I know this thread is old, but I got a point here.  What draws my attention in OP's  before/after pics is how her facial tissue around the mouth, for lack of a better term, looks like it moved forward and away from her teeth.  Her chin looks passable in the before/after, but her smile was changed for the worse due to this soft tissue movement. I see that happen sometimes with jaw surgery cases, but no one seems to bring this up.  Does anyone else see what I'm talking about?  Her lips are several mm further away from her teeth compared to the 'before'.  What is the cause and fix?   

Is this due to bigger buccal corridors?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:43:16 PM by ditterbo »

ditterbo

anonimess

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 09:24:38 PM »
I can see what you mean about your chin, though I don't think it looks that bad. I had a similar issue, except my face looked much much narrower and longer than yours after bimax. I just had my chin shortened about 6mm and the fat pad "resuspended" (I think). There's a decent sized scar under my chin now, but so far I'm a bit happier with how things are looking (3 weeks out). I don't have my pre-surgery face back, but I think I'm as close as I'll get.