Author Topic: [advice pls] Regret&Depression on Lefort I & BSSO  (Read 2333 times)

Yonechan

[advice pls] Regret&Depression on Lefort I & BSSO
« on: January 27, 2016, 07:49:43 PM »
Hi
I underwent jaw surgery (Lefort 1 BSSO) on early December (in Singapore, btw). Tbh, I kind of regretted doing the surgery. I am quite down nowadays. I looked so different, but unfortunately on a bad note. I always wear mask when I am outside. It's so bad. I looked much better before (well, beside the jaw , but it is not noticeable in photos). I looked much chubbier, despite my weight remains the same. My cheek and my smile just look unnatural now. Previously, tbh , beside the jaw which may look unnatural during talking, I had no complain with my face (viewed from front). I was happy with my old face.. no complain whatsoever. It will look good with slight fat loss, but not bad. My parents kinda force me to do the surgery :'(.
However now,  everything  looks so weird. I look so plump and assymetrical. I am on day ~49 from my surgery now btw. And I am stil wearing elastics front and one on each side.

I am sorry for ranting  but I need someone to talk to about this. I don't dare to talk to my doctor abt this of course. Nor to anybody else. Do you have any advice? Sorry for ranting once again. Thx a lot :'(

My condition was Class 3 Skeletal Maloclusion with maxillary hypoplasia and mandibular prognatism. Post surgery xray stated that " Advancement of maxilla with setback of mandible and genioplasty was done. "
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:07:42 PM by Yonechan »

kjohnt

Re: [advice pls] Regret&Depression on Lefort I & BSSO
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:52 AM »
There are enough people who think they look worse after surgery when in fact they look way better that I would like to see before/afters.

thinkingme

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:32:35 AM »
u must add photos and we can talk about this. If u setback mandibula u get chubbier cheeks and its normal i think.

Yonechan

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:27:59 AM »
Dear all,
Thanks a lot for the reply
I really appreciate it
Tbh I have almost no one to talk to abt my worries. It is rwally killing me.. Having replies makes me so happy  :)

There are enough people who think they look worse after surgery when in fact they look way better that I would like to see before/afters.
I actually really compare the photos of mine before surgery and me myself today (as in post-surgery). It is seriously horrible now. I look like alien. I missed my old face! I would trade anything with my old face :'(. How about you? Are you fully satisified by day 49? Thanks ;)

Simple description: I look so chubby and my face is out of balance/proportion.

u must add photos and we can talk about this. If u setback mandibula u get chubbier cheeks and its normal i think.
I am not comfortable to share photos publicly tbh. Maybe by PM? :'(

Tbh, the doctors did not say anything about being chubby permanently before doing the surgery. If I know it will be this chubby, probably I would back out. Tbh, I was happy with my old face. so I thought I will get some minor difference (good or bad thing) but face is more less the same.

I know that my face will swell. I researched and it says usually swelling would be 3-4 months.. but permanent chubbiness is making me so down now. I'm not talking about slight chubby u know.. I look so plump.. and disproportionately. There are people whose face are chubby but they are in good proportion, so it doesn't look bad. But my cheek looks so out of balance. It looks like squirrel. Literally!
I hope this is just swelling though. What do you think?

Thanks a lot. Hopefully you could reply :) 

Yonechan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 07:05:36 AM »
btw, I forget to say that my  eyes (it's like a bit pulled upwards) lips looks so weird when I smile! :(

TheY look normal when I don't smile. I wonder if it is related to swelling or it will be forever.

This sucks tbh

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 07:17:12 AM »
Before and after photos. Now.