Author Topic: Tell me  (Read 4845 times)

Eugae93

Tell me
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:37:09 PM »
Hello everyone, looking for opinions.
Flat zygomtic area, not big nose but tip of nose goes down if smile, little sunkenlike lips, will advancing maxilla solve these esthetic problems?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:13:16 AM by Eugae93 »

Schrödingers Jaw

Re: Tell me
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 06:13:44 AM »
The zygomatic bone is rarely mobilized in a lefort procedure, there are osteotomies that will move parts of he zygo though.

kjohnt

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:55:33 PM »
The zygomatic bone will not move with just an advanced maxilla, and will likely look worse if you did that because it would then just increase the horizontal difference between your jaw and cheeks.  This is why folks get the "sunken cheek" appearance.  Some people say the cheeks get better, some say worse, but if you look at peoples' before/afters and understand what maxillary advancement is, you'll realize the cheeks don't change at all - the surgeon does nothing to affect the cheeks.  It's all about relative movement in comparison with the maxilla.

You're correct in that your zygomatic area is flattish in front, but I'd like to see frontal view because it seems like they might project outward on the sides, and I see nothing aesthetically bad regarding your nose at all.  I like your profile.

Eugae93

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:30:48 AM »
I don't know what kind of magic trick is it but that is what happens to my nose if I smile (this was an oversqueezy smile for enanching the hooking process ahah)
and down we have the front.. I'm bad at taking pics.. so I've made two a little bit inclined differently.

Maybe could maxilla+zygo ost? so that everything comes forward proportionately?

kjohnt

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »
^Agreed.  The nose thing isn't really even a thing IMO.  You have attractive cheek/jaw width from the front, a good profile, and are generally very pretty.  Please don't do anything to your face.

trojans101

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:24:05 PM »
Yea, get off of this website please. You are a cutie. Srs.

Bobbit

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 03:43:47 PM »
I don't know what kind of magic trick is it but that is what happens to my nose if I smile (this was an oversqueezy smile for enanching the hooking process ahah)
and down we have the front.. I'm bad at taking pics.. so I've made two a little bit inclined differently.

Maybe could maxilla+zygo ost? so that everything comes forward proportionately?

If you want to improve an already pretty face - -  find a good board certified plastic surgeon - - who has some experience doing bone work.  I doubt seriously that anyone is going to think you need jaw surgery.   Your  dynamic nose profile issue is something that a plastic surgeon should be able to address - -  if it can be addressed in a reasonable manner.

toddstratt

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 08:15:44 PM »
I wouldn't really touch your face at all, even your nose which you are discussing is balanced and really compliments the rest of your face. You have a very period looking face and it's gorgeous.period is what we refer in acting as people who look like they belong in another previous era.

Eugae93

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
I thank you all for the suggestion and the unexpected positivity about the appearence..
my view: width grew properly, projection stunted or has been crushed.
Why are you even considering jaw surgery??
I considered it basically for the flatness thatI didn't have before the orthodontic treatment ,and didn't make me happy and which I personally find unpleasant. And this is the esthetic reason, the other is functional and based on sleep problems (thus fatigue).
The last time I used my retainer I didn't sleep well again, (insomnia started with the ortho treat, I never had before)
I'm almost sure the insomnia is caused by the teeth beeing not enough forward.. because if I leave my toungue move my teeth for a while (months) I sleep again the whole night..
and if I try to wear it after that time, the retainer seems not to fit my teeth because of their projection, so I'm sure there is a relation (I can feel it really pushes them backward).
And it makes sense also because I had a class II maloclusion and they actually crushed my upper teeth arch backward to fit the jaw.
Today I'm talking with my ortho, hoping well..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:58:20 PM by Eugae93 »

Eugae93

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 01:30:36 AM »
here it is, quality is not very good but that's it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 02:11:18 AM »
Listen, I'm an aesthetics expert by now and you 100 percent need NO surgery. You look fantastic, proportionate and your nose dipping a little when you smile is natural and charming. You have very full cheeks. Please do not bother or obsess about this. Respectfully, you may be going through some body dysmorphia and psychological issues that are causing you insecurity. But you are incredibly fortunate to have such an aesthetically proportionate and pretty face. Trust me.

JawKid7

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 05:35:59 AM »
you look good, no need for surgery

this
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

alexismg2

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »
I'm not an expert, but in my opinion you have model-like aesthetics. I think you're being too hard on yourself.

april

• Private
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 04:36:04 AM »
Your face is good. How tall are you? If you're tall, thin and young you should send your pics to an agency.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 08:04:31 AM »
She's right about the maxillary deficiency. You can see the bags under her eyes and it's evident in the profile view as well. The nose droop is also spot on as are the flat cheeks.

Your face has great balance now, surgery to fix these problems will throw that off. And while an aesthetic surgeon will latch on to these imperfections, they won't also point out to you that you are still well within the bounds of normal. Surgery carries real risk, both in the short and long terms. Surgeons only like to operate on the worst cases because they have least to lose. That's part of the reason that only syndromes tend to get major midface surgeries while the rest of us have to settle for augmentations.

About the cheekbones, I think people struggle to understand them because they assume a fixed posture. People with retrognathic profiles tilt their head slightly up to compensate. It opens up the airway and gives the illusion of a normal face. Facial posture changes after jaw surgery, as well as facial balance. The cheekbones look flatter after the jaws become more prominent.

I wouldn't go as far as calling you BDD. I think it's normal for girls your age to be learning about attractiveness, where you stand in this world, what you can do to improve that standing, and learning to accept and make the most of what you can't change. Keep in mind that men change over time too. You've done your homework by coming here and now you have your answer. If you never get to that point of acceptance or you want to get there more quickly, then therapy makes sense.