Author Topic: Revision surgery advice needed  (Read 1869 times)

Bssogonewrong

Revision surgery advice needed
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:01:23 AM »
Hi,
I had a lower jaw advancement on the NHS, I had my doubts this was the right treatment before but after being told it would give a nice result I went ahead. What a mistake, my face has been left very long, I have a deep indentation in my jaw line and it has made the existing asymmetry worse. I also now have issues with swallowing and my speech is affected.  I have told my concerns to the surgeon who has said there is nothing wrong and perhaps I should see a psychologist. He suggested I get a second opinion which I have done privately, the new surgeon said in no uncertain terms this was not the right treatment for me and it should have been a double jaw surgery, impaction of upper jaw and lower advancement. To correct he will now have to set back my lower jaw and impact the upper. What would you do ? It is over 13k for the revision and although I could keep pressing the original surgeon for a revision he can't see the problem so why will he now .

girl

Re: Revision surgery advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:06:20 PM »
The first thing you should do is complain to the GMC - you will have to fight it through and hope that their selected expert witness isn't a personal "chum" of this man's. Tread carefully though; these doctors can get vindictive and put a "slag note" on your medical records which you'll only be able to prise off with the help of a lawyer.

Do not let him operate on you again; the second merry-go-round will only leave you worse off than you are now.