Author Topic: TMJD after zygomatich complex repositoin - i'm depressed - pain  (Read 10251 times)

Rico

Re: TMJD after zygomatich complex repositoin - i'm depressed - pain
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 10:03:15 AM »
bulls**ts and you have not read last informations. Update your data

0. Blink Reflex V2 showed that the nerve is in good condition , but compressed by a bone, no better examination to check if it's irreversible or reversible. Gamble
1. in first month, only infection post op
2. 100% hypoasthesia - 0% of feeling, after 3 months almost 50% of feeling,
3. deviated jaw , hence TMJ dysfuction

You'are writing about my first month - I was little in panic like state - first surgery, abroad, could not get help for 2 years.
After thar I've learnt how to be more cool. I did not know how swelling is tricky. It gave very strange looking eye and I was worried about that.
I was informed by other doctors, that orbital volume changing may give some complications. Fortunatelly it's OK
However now the problem is real. and I have documentation for that. Confirmation signed by dentist , doctor
so no, i don' think .all people on the world are panicking but only you know everything
The joints are twisted and that's no good for structures there. Irreversible damage begins slowly :(

your writing is pointless it gives me nothing, no help

4. overcorrection is confirmed

5. afraid of second nerve damage if correction necessary.
6. the bone is fused but mildly, hence i hope it cane be rebreak - it's less invasive then cutting
7. Surgeon refused to make other examination .to check why my jaw is deviated - the biggest problem ..no help
8. Surgeon seems to forget to check my occlusion before he closed me.
9. I was not informed about such possible complication

am I surgeon ? NO, but if I were a surgeon I would check the occlusion and find out that something is not OK before closing patient.
One Professor tells me I should be maxillo-facial surgeon, she thinks I would be the best, I told her that I will go to medical school when my nerve get 100% function ;) - almost impossible , so don't worry

I hope all information I could give here.

I did not write my surgeon was sued many times.... you are strange .. How would I know that ? 
Probably he was sued like most surgeons, but that your opinion , not mine
Probably he was sued, since he does not like answer via mail, because it can be used against him in the case of surgical errors...simple
If he was 100% clear, he wouldn't have any problem with that...
People who has nothing to hide do not need to be very careful in that field

I see not point of such helpless writing
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:49:47 AM by Rico :) »

Vic

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 10:44:46 AM »
bulls**ts and you have not read last informations. Update your data

0. Blink Reflex V2 showed that the nerve is in good condition , but compressed by a bone, no better examination to check if it's irreversible or reversible. Gamble
1. in first month, only infection post op
2. 100% hypoasthesia - 0% of feeling, after 3 months almost 50% of feeling,
3. deviated jaw , hence TMJD dysfuction

You'are writing about my first month - I was little in panic like state - first surgery, abroad, could not get help for 2 years.
After thar I've learnt how to be more cool. I did not know how swelling is tricky. It gave very strange looking eye and I was worried about that.
I was informed by other doctors, that orbital volume changing may give some complications. Fortunatelly it's OK
However now the problem is real. and I have documentation for that. Confirmation signed by dentist , doctor
so no, i don' think .all people on the world are panicking but only you know everything
The joints are twisted and that's no good for structures there. Irreversible damage begins slowly :(

your writing is pointless it gives me nothing, no help

4. overcorrection is minimal. in next week im gonna have examination to check if the overcorrection has some impact on my jaw deviation
initial diagnosis: YES it have , jaw deviation 2-3mm  .cheek overcorrection 2-3mm , possible interference with coronoid process and muscles conflict ... aesthetically it looks OK, but for me more important are functions. Too early to say anything more. only that for 51% correction necessary

5. afraid of second nerve damage if correction necessary.
6. the bone is fused but mildly, hence i hope it cane be rebreak - it's less invasive then cutting
7. Surgeon refused to make other examination .to check why my jaw is deviated - the biggest problem ..no help
8. Surgeon seems to forget to check my occlusion before he closed me.
9. I was not informed about such possible complication

am I surgeon ? NO, but if I were a surgeon I would check the occlusion and find out that something is not OK before closing patient.
One Professor tells me I should be maxillo-facial surgeon, she thinks I would be the best, I told her that I will go to medical school when my nerve get 100% function ;) - almost impossible , so don't worry

I hope all information I could give here.

I did not write my surgeon was sued many times.... you are strange .. How would I know that ? 
Probably he was sued like most surgeons, but that your opinion , not mine
Probably he was sued, since he does not like answer via mail, because it can be used against him in the case of surgical errors...simple
If he was 100% clear, he wouldn't have any problem with that...
People who has nothing to hide do not need to be very careful in that field

I see not point of such helpless writing

Still don't know why you can't name the surgeon? All your negative feeds on this forum puts new people off surgery that may really need it, and have come to this forum to seek help with decisions and advice on their specific issues.

Rico

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
IT LOOKS LIKE..... NOT HE WAS SUED FOR 100% 

I'm not idiot to judge without evidences
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:45:42 AM by Rico :) »

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 06:12:13 PM »
Well I wish I could help but I can only offer my condolences for whatever it's worth.

Rico

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 01:53:59 AM »
thx  I wish myself local surgeons (NHS) could help me and it's not too late. I could contacted them earlier.
For 4 weeks I've been trying to get help from my surgeon, while the symptoms started be noticeable 6 weeks ago.

I had deviated jaw from the beginning, but for 2  months I though it's normal...since I had surgery on one side, and the mouth opening after surgery was significantly reduced. It looks like the surgeon completely did not look at my occlusion during surgery and he even skipped the issue (unknown for me from the beginning) during every check-ups.

He knew he screwed up something or completely lack of experience in this field.
and even if he unexpected this, then he should try to help me...to make at least additional examination. He refused all of things, and started typical talking about...that i'm too sensitive, I'm too focused on my symptoms.... perhaps something wrong with my brain. He was first time like this.
Probably that I showed him something is really wrong.
He says he sees such problem first time and he recommended me to wait next 4 months.
Then I asked him if this is the first time, so how he could know that it will be better in next 4 months and if he will repair my joints when they will be damaged due to this surgery. He answered he's not going to repair my joints in that case.
This is ridiculous.

How to not be focused on pain and on the fact that he f... up something - deviated jaw. for 60% he f... up something what needs more diagnostic
i do not trust him anymore

Moreover he did not informed me about such particular possible complication (the risk)  I do not see this in my consent. I have to look at it once again
and I asked at this point about all documentation from the hospital..all , everything of course ..kindly and not him, but secretary ;)

and just in case i sent all my letters and requests by regular mail as it's more valuable in the law

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:04:33 AM by Rico :) »

april

• Private
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 08:01:55 PM »
there are kinda soft tissue like pillow ..do not know how to describe. They are already crushed ? damaged ? irreversibly?
who knows something about that ?

or it will be better when the jaw will be in normal position

Are you referring to your discs?
What did they say specifically - that they're displaced?
And do they pop back into place, or are they displaced full-time?

Quite a lot of the population live healthy happy lives without proper working discs. Is it irreversible damage - mostly yes - but the body is amazing at adapting, and you might even form 'pseudo-discs' which is tissue behind the disc which hardens up and acts like a disc.

Or are your discs torn up? Have you had an MRI?
What sort of noises do you hear? It is a pop, click or crunch/grind/grate?
Both of my discs are already torn. I hear grating crunching noises. I haven't had any surgery yet though. I used to be in pain but I'm not in pain anymore.

Rico

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 09:33:11 AM »
I'm still in examination phase...

I just got full scans a few days ago...

Rico

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:49 PM »
Quote Rico: bulls**ts and you have not read last informations. Update your data

I just cited your own posts over the past weeks and months mate. Sorry if I couldn't keep up with all the new info you're putting up here every day.

You're a clown talking to me like that. You did write all the stuff I summarized from your own posts. Including almost being a surgeon ('The worst think is ...that i'm almost maxillo-facial surgeon ( there is reason why Professor wants me to go to medical school)  and I see that for 70% i need correction.') And including talking 'prof to prof' to your surgeon. ( 'There is no surgeon without failure. Don't be fool. My surgeon made a lot of publications - above 100 and he didn't predict little thing. now I speak with him like Prof to Prof to resolve my problem. I spent many hours to draw some models to help me and him to resolve my problem') And including that you are teaching him.
  8) 8) 8)

And you did write you thought your surgeon was sued many times:

Feb. 2nd for example you wrote:
'My surgeon gave me next consultation on 28.02.
i asked him 3 times about earlier new date and no response. I begged... nothing
it looks like he was sued many times. That's why he does not respond on mails. I do not know any reason to not write anything for a patient who is worried
I called secretary today. She told me he should answer me today, and nothing :/'

so this is the opinion of very well known surgeon

"I feel that much effort and skill is required. These bones a small and delicate and have been already cut and placed asymmetrical. That's makes everything very difficult. Hard to stabilize the bone and keep it in right place.  All surgical cuts must be redone and it will be hard to keep in right place. Masseter prob is the easiest as it can be stripped off bone and reset correctly.  I would need 3 surgeries to do repair and really don't know how well it will hold position.
Look for a very experienced
Surgeon.  Thx sorry I can't help you solve this. "

It's for You- Ilovethemoon . that I really have problems. It's 2x time worse than I was complaining

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 07:29:21 AM »
Rico your jaw and cheekbones look good to me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:46:42 AM by JimmyTheGent »
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Rico

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 09:48:45 AM »
how you see this ?  jaw is not in centred position

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 11:47:25 AM »
how you see this ?  jaw is not in centred position
That was a joke buddy.  Didnt you see the picture I posted of Uncle "Rico"?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Rico

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
i showed my photos to selected persons.  They know what is wrong

moreover I published my scans here... overcorrection.. masseter muscle pull the jaw becaue zyg arch is set too wide

there is only one person who knows completely my story and he knows that everything is true

oh sorry 3 persons, but with one i'm in constant contact

I will show you mine photos if you show yours

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 10:34:48 PM »
all i can say is please don't entertain these thoughts of death for a moment. you can get through this. you're just freaked out cause you think something has really gone bad. listen surgeons will always find problems so it depends on the surgeon. i'm sure others will find nothing wrong and have. surgeons are HUGELY fallible. I know this for sure. They're like medieval carpenters trying to build a shelf in the dark with a lot of sludge around it (i.e. flesh) --that's the state of the art. Even with x-rays they are all just guessing s**t all the time. Intuition and stuff plays a huge role in this science. It's kind of f**ked, but whatever, you are okay, you're living, you're able to eat, you're not in constant pain. People have had bullets lodged in their heads and lived out long and joyful lives. So I send you strength and healing vibes. I'm Buddhist so my mental energy is very high and I believe I can perform remote healing. I will hold you in my meditations and I will heal you. Worry no longer.

Rico

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »
You ask me about this ?

Then I will tell You what is Polish NHS

One year ago I sent some little amount of money to help a girl, who had cancer of the eye - just a few years old child
she lost one eye because of the cancer, and then later another one was in danger. So she could loose completel vision function

She had to undergo surgery within 2 months.
NHS refuse to give a money for surgery abroad ( in poland surgeons were not able to treat it)

This is the case when crowfunding helps... the problem is visible. In my case it's not visible it's just under the skin, only doctors can help me. They can send to treat this abroad if they can;t
as far they do not want me to help completelty

but the point of the story is how my insurance (only one) works
then compare my problem to that girl problem
and think about my chances to get help

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 02:46:57 PM »
Yeah man this sounds really terrible. I'm so sorry man. It sounds like you're going through a ton of pain and problems. My only thought on this other than getting a surgery revision is that these things do adapt and settle. The body is an amazing healing machine and it is possible that your body will either adapt or surgery results will change such that the problem dissipates. "this too will change" it's the only thing we can bank on 100 percent.