• Private
bleh
« on: March 06, 2016, 06:31:04 AM »
he
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:57:45 PM by Lazlo »

Rico

Re: REALLY BAD NEWS
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »
it's just simple fracture. easy to repair.
if it's just a zygomatch arch you do not need even plates.

if you can open your mouth fully, that means zygomatic arch will be a little flattened - it will appear after a several weeks. You will just have flattened side of the face
axamine your masseter muscle how it reacts when you open your mouth

do not chew, do not eat hard food. becuase your are gonna to pull down the zygomatic arch

you can wait max 2 weeks with such fracture. Later, it will be much harder to repair and sometimes not possible

but IMO you shoud have it put in right position before any surgery, after 12 weeks you will be able to have surgery - only if surgery procedures are not close to ION nerve...  the nerve cannot be damaged during regeneration - it will be fatal
it's very simple fracture
no point to panic

go to hospital to repair it - it's just 15-30 minutes procedure
and go home and rest

BUT
since you have hypoathesia I think your maxilla is also broken . Probably it's simple fracture , you can try so called - CLOSE REDUCTION
ask about close reduction ...and be very careful for one month after that

OPEN REDUCTION means they have to access to your bones and install 1-2 plates
sometimes CLOSE REDUCTION is enough , if fracture is simple with minimal displacement

If you do not need any bone reposition - very unlikely, check at least you infraorbital canal.  Now the infraorbital nerve can be compressed, if it stay like this it won't regain it's 100% function.  The nerve can be compressed inside the orbit and on the ION foramen

PS Plastic Surgeon does not repair fractures, only maxillo-facial surgeon
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:50:49 AM by Rico :) »

Rico

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:30:29 AM »
I corrected to 12 weeks of recovery after I realised you may have maxilla broken too

just ask your surgeon...

but you have to correct this before surgery
such simple fracture heals very fast without complications

but you have to wait minimum 12 weeks or more before you undergo next surgery

HOWEVER if you have LF3 in plans then the bone on one side is mobilised ;)  sorry i know it's not funny

Regardless, If the surgeon is unavailable for next 3 months ,
you have to undergo reposition procedure , at least close reduction (if it's possible)  and then you can wait 3-6 months for the planned surgery
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:32:27 AM by Rico :) »

Rico

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »
you are lucky you do not have double vision - the biggest problem after such fracture

even the ION will regenerate to 100% (very likely) if the surgeon remove compression by bone reposition

in the case of close reduction,  observe your ION regeneration progress
, if the ION won't get 100% function after 6-7 months, then you have to explore your orbital floor to remove compression - which is also quite easy

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »
Sorry man :( Wish you well.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 11:21:41 AM »
Wow, that sucks, dude. Holy cow.

I'd let the injury heal fully then go ahead with surgery/reassess the situation. Your body is in shock/trauma right now and needs to heal first and foremost. Sounds like you need more info on the situation, though, too. Keep us updated.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Rico

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 11:30:41 AM »
Lazlo where you exactly have numbness ?  on the whole V2 area ?  lower eyelid, whole cheek, side of the nose, upper lip ?

you can examine yourself , however since you have swelling on the eyelid probably it will be hard

on the infraorbital rim - above the eye you will feel step , clear step if yo have broken maxilla
mostly it's something in the middle under eye / or more close to nose where the fracture take place there - the weakest point

BTW I can't contact Sinn for 6 weeks . He is unavailable ?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:48:03 AM by Rico :) »

Rico

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »
UPDATE:
Answer to Phantom post , which he deleted ...

because if fracture is simple /  one piece  / ZMC fracture then close reduction may  be enough - in many cases enough, not all
The bone has 3-4 point of connection. A surgoen can "lock" the bone in cracks
When you have close reduction you need to be careful it's very easy to see if the bone is in right position

-lack of steps on infraorbital rim
-no flattenned cheek

You cant sleep on fractured side for at least one month even after open reduction. In close one it's restrticted
You can't eat hard food in first 2-4 weeks.
it's surgeon decision + patient plans. .You have to find optimum what is the best for you - if you have any choice. Sometimes only open reduction is possible

it;s very easy to protect yourself from sleeping on fractured side.
You take 2L Coca-Cole bottle. You fill it with water and cover with towel. The you put it near your back. If during sleep you try to turn over, then the body won't go in that way. What is interesting it's just additional secure.... because mostly you will have in subconscious that you can't do that
I DID never turn over during first month.

Instead of CocaCola 2L bottle better is bag with sand

Generally after such fracture for 66-% you will have installed plates, BUT
if the displacement is less than 2mm, probablynoone will touch  the bone  because it's too minimal - any manipulation will just damage more nerve
and isolated fracture on zygomatic arch is reduced without any plates -  it's secued strongly by it shape and muscles - specific place
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:10:19 PM by Rico :) »

Rico

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 12:52:53 PM »
so the maxilla is broken  if you can feel that bone is moving

you will get full feeling back after min 12 weeks.
Fractures are less invasive than cutting bone...

Probably you have typical ZMC

zygomatico-maxillary-complex fracture

it goes through ION canal - this is why you have hypoasthesia

eventually it's due to broken orbital floor - where ION goes too

but if you can feel moving bon , then for 75% you have broken maxilla... the weakes point

here you have how such fracture looks like
http://pocketdentistry.com/wp-content/uploads/285/B9781455705542000162_f016-013-9781455705542.jpg
http://www.ibimapublishing.com/journals/PSIJ/2013/383486/ab.jpg

you can feel a bit maxilla bone when you put your finger above your uppaer teeth.. look how fractures looks like and you can just imagine when you can feel the bone steps

you can reach maxilla bone by pressing there above teeth.. press quite strongly and you will hear probably grinding sounds

You may also have fractured zygomatic arch with displacement
fractured maxilla, but without displacement or non-important displacement, but with fractured orbital floor
this is also possible

KEEP IN MIND THAT ION CANAL IS IN MAXILLARY BONE..  ZYGOMATIC BONE AND MAXILLARY BONE ARE CONNECTED.
BROKEN ZYGOMATIC BONE IS JUST GENERAL DESCRIPTION .. THE LINE OF FRACTURE MOSTLY GOES THROUGH MAXILLA IN MOST CASES

If i'm good guy , that means there is no karma... i have complications after my surgery :/  big problems
I'm now on examination phase
The most frightening is the fact i may have problem with hearing

i would give whole my money , house,  car everything material to go back in time and to repair my fracture in proper time :/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:21:49 PM by Rico :) »

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »
Lazlo i feel so f**kin sorry for you i'll hope it'll al settle soon

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 02:51:23 PM »
Wow, and I thought I had bad luck.

I hope you will pull through all right, and I think you will. Someone as determined as you won't let some random thugs ruin all those plans you've been making.

In a few years it'll just be a story you can tell at parties.

kjohnt

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »
That's crazy, did you get jacked or the dudes were just looking to hurt random people?

I guess on the positive side it didn't happen AFTER you had surgery while you were healing.  That's been a concern of mine... getting punched in the jaw post surgery.  I haven't been in a fight for a few years but it could happen.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »
My heart goes out to you, man! Make sure you get the best treatment possible.

Rico

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 03:23:37 PM »
after surgery you should not go out to any parties etc for at least 3 months....
you should avoid any situation where you may get punched even accidently

untill you are in situation you want break your bone like me now...

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 04:15:47 PM »
Yeah you're right Rico no late night nothing. And thanks Schrodingers Jaw!!! You're right I'm determined and won't let this get me down!!!!   

Thanks everyone your support and kind words mean more than that of my Dad and friends cause you guys know what broken face bones are all about. I'll let you all know exactly what is broken and how the surgeon they assign is planning to fix it on Wednesday.

Yeah kjohn I was hit from behind then kicked on the ground all six pulled knives I didn't even really see what happened but I did catch a glimpse and saw two were Somalian and another was Arabic looking.

Look I'm of Indian descent born in Canada. But I think we're making a huge mistake letting all these immigrants in. They come from societies where violence is the norm. They don't have the safe coddled education and upbringing of most Canadians who are resolutely non violent. So I'm sorry f**k these people and I hope they all kill each other in a jihad. They broke my face for f**king 20 bucks and a cellphone. f**k them.

agreed. we must defend our values.