Author Topic: 1 Yr Post Op: Aesthetic Concerns & Options for Improvement (photos/need advice)  (Read 3920 times)

marcus3415

Hi all,

I am about one year post op and from double jaw surgery (lefort adv, bsso setback and genioplasty advancement).

The entire experience was subpar, and I almost wholeheartedly blame this on my orthodontist, who poorly architected the entire process. Regardless, in addition to my tmj issues and subpar smile, I feel like my face is highly unnatural.

http://imgur.com/a/73zJV

http://imgur.com/a/Xkmwk (edit)

My midface is almost non-existant, and there is no balance between my lower 1/3rd and the rest of my face--generally speaking no facial harmony. In addition, I feel like I am always pouting (ppl ask me why i'm sad even if I'm happy). It's pretty crappy to be honest.

I want to improve my facial aesthetics as it is driving me nuts--I feel like I look like a frog.

What would be a good idea for more harmony? Fillers, cheek implants, etc? I know this is a real self type of question but I dont like their privacy policy haha...

Anyway, any recommendations would be appreciated before I go in for a consult.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:51:09 PM by marcus3415 »

PloskoPlus

Without seeing your befores and smile photos it's difficult to judge.   The lefort I would have done nothing for your upper midface either way.

Somewhat deficient upper midface aside I like the way you look. I had only upper jaw advancement and I ended up with a chimp upper lip, poor tooth show, class 2 lip posture. To add insult to injury my upper lip is now permanently numb on one side - the burning the stiffness the numbness are driving me insane.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Frontal pics? your profile looks very good

marcus3415

The second imgur album I added has some more phots (1st pic 2nd album is preop).

Are fillers a good option?

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
wtf are you complaining about? are you nuts? your result is perfect, you look awesome. f**kin hell bro

PloskoPlus

Tooth show not ideal (maybe 1 mm),but otherwise very good result.

jusken

• Private
A pretty good result.  Your posture is the worst aspect of your profile.  You have a VERY forward head posture, look it up and work on correcting it.  This is common though with retro jaw growth.  This will not only look better once you work on it, but prevent bad back problems later on.

The other thing, though somewhat minor, is you have fairly deep tear troughs.  This is a soft tissue problem though, not bone.  Your upper eyelid volume looks okay, and that's the most important tbh (though you have blacked them out pretty well).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:35:51 PM by jusken »

mynameis

You look good man, seriously. If I saw you as a stranger in a bar or on the street I'd be like, there's a guy with nicely positioned jaws.

You look like one of the good-looking kids from orthotropics.com.

All you got to worry about now is proper oral habits and stuff, mouth closed, lips sealed, thumb on roof of mouth, correct swallowing and exercising your jaws through chewing, and posture. (Just look up Mike Mew's vids on youtube.)

Lazlo

• Private
you're nuts dude you look amazing I think you're probably just developing bdd from being extremely obsessive you look like this actor who I know a lot of women all over the world  adore  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0050156/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Ginger

Hey, I think you look pretty good. You also look great in your before pic. After looking at your before, I kinda feel like your chin was advanced a bit too far. You may be perceiving midface issues because of the new chin position.

marcus3415

Can't help but agree  :(

jusken

• Private
I know I'm right about this, so I'll say it again:  you need to work on your posture badly before you overthink things.  Your neck is very far forward from vertical, causing your profile to maybe look odd to you.  I threw together a quick photoshop adjustment (it's in link format so it isn't prominently displayed - just let me know if you want me to take it down):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59152504/IjvcluJ.jpg

No need to do anything after that.

marcus3415

Wow....

Can this be fixed with exercises?

jusken

• Private
I'm certainly no expert, but I had a very forward head posture too before jaw surgery.  It has greatly improved since then. Focus on keeping your back straight and pulling your neck back and up, and keeping your head level (which will probably be tilted down a little more than you're used to).  You should definitely do some reading on 'forward head posture' / watch some youtube videos that show exercises and best practices.

It can cause all sorts of bad back problems down the line.   Think about this: a potentially huge advantage of this surgery for you is the fact that you can now completely and comfortably correct your posture. 

Tezcatli

Lol, you need to fix your acne, not your facial bones, they look good.