Author Topic: Im afraid of my surgery  (Read 2362 times)

thinkingme

Im afraid of my surgery
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:43:48 AM »
I speak with a maxfac surgeon and he approved i need surgery. He say i need at least lower jaw advancement mb with genioplasti and mb with upper jaw surgery 2. After that im little happy a maxfacsurgeon see my problem but now im afraid of risks of the surgery and im not sure my profile go better or worse.

Im afraid of vomitting. I wont vomit for 2-3 year i hate vomit and nausea. I have a lot of nausea medicine i always use if i wake up early or i use any car bus etc. I can live without eat drink but i hate nausea.

And a risk of surgery feeling and cant move lips. Damage nerve is risk 2. And other risk im not bad looking now. I want improve but im not sure if surgery not worth or maybe botched results i can achieve. My lower jaw small but if i get it front i get long face. And i watch 3-5 after surgery videos they feel so tired. and vomitting blood. I watch surgery videos and dont care they cut my bones but vomitting is worse for me.

Guyz always is it hard jaw surgery?

kjohnt

Re: Im afraid of my surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:45:30 AM »
You'll be knocked out and when you wake up everything is done.  These surgeries, while I suppose not routine, aren't uncommon.  It will be fine.

You should be more concerned with the surgeon's plan of apttack.  You have to live with the results.

Short term s**t will pass.  Concern yourself with long term.

thinkingme

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 04:55:42 AM »
You'll be knocked out and when you wake up everything is done.  These surgeries, while I suppose not routine, aren't uncommon.  It will be fine.

You should be more concerned with the surgeon's plan of apttack.  You have to live with the results.

Short term s**t will pass.  Concern yourself with long term.

If im not sure what they done(im sure i need ccw rotation with double or just genio) i wont go with surgeon plans this is why shortterm s**t important for me. paralysis of lips i fear. If i cant move my lip after 6 months surgery this will be problem. Vomitting is disguisting i hate it maybe it wont be problem but nerve damages lip paralysis and cant sleep is big problems.

Slowmotive

• ibcbet link
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 12:13:21 AM »
I would like to know about the issues you mention.

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 04:31:42 PM »
Lip paralysis, huh?  Now I'm second guessing some of the smiling pictures Dr. Posnick showed me.  Some of their lower lips seemed very high and totally covered their lower teeth.  Probably motor nerve damage? hmmm....

thinkingme

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 03:06:51 AM »
Lip paralysis, huh?  Now I'm second guessing some of the smiling pictures Dr. Posnick showed me.  Some of their lower lips seemed very high and totally covered their lower teeth.  Probably motor nerve damage? hmmm....

They are rare but not imposibble.