Author Topic: Complete nightmare northern ireland nhs underbite/crossbite correction  (Read 4286 times)

NINHSJAW

Hey guys i was hoping for some feedback asto what you think i should do about this situation - ill try and give an overview as its quite indepth

8 years ago i visited nhs hospital , told i need braces and jaw surgery to correct underbite

3 years of waiting time pass . I then get my braces on

3 further years pass and my braces are complete

I spend a further 2 yrs consulting with 2 surgeons who both sent me for psychological interviews , which had little relevance to my teeth . They then said they wouldnt do the work , for reasons ranging from "im retiring" to "I dont have the skill" to "You wouldnt like the results"

We are now 8 years in , with my braces on which havent been tightened in over a year , with no sign of a surgeon.
My orthodontist spends a further 6 months locating a third surgeon. The surgeon sends me for a psychological appraisal , which comes back all good . First consultation he says he can help me , via lower jaw rotation and setback. I am loving life , as finally this curse is being fixed.

More delays - I put in a complaint - more delays . Approaching 1.5yrs with braces on withought tightening, and i ask for them off. My ortho says they will need to go back on before surgery, but he will work with the surgeon to accommodate this.

Second consultation with third surgeon , he seems very dry and i was in his office less than 30seconds. Something was obviously up.

Months pass , and no staff will deal with my calls anymore, complaint office handling all communications.

Complaint response received , saying "they dont trust me after my complaint" and that if i want , they can refer me to a hospital 150miles awy , to begin the process all over again ; new surgeon , psych questionnaires , waiting time etc. This will bring it to 11 years since first being told i needed jaw surgery

I am utterly sickened and disgusted with this situation , and considering legal action ; they have bent my teeth out into a "preop" shape , and then bailed on me due to 1 complaint letter.

I cant afford to go private and now find myself more disfigured than before ; you all know how braces exaggerate the condition.

Any input or ideas would be appreciated !  :'( >:(

Tezcatli

What country are you in?

That is the problem with socialized medicine.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:18:59 PM by Tezcatli »

marcus3415

So many frustrations on this forum are due to socialized health care

Eilerson

When did you see the surgeon initially? I saw the NHS ortho and then had a joint consult with the ortho and surgeon before they even put me on the waiting list.

NINHSJAW

I saw the first surgeon over 2yrs ago now , and have been in a bullsh*t papertrail / zero contact deadlock until recently launching a complaint , which worked completely against me , making me their least favorite guy ; The most recent surgeon who said he WOULD help me , bailed once i complained , without giving me formal paperwork or phonecall to let me know . Only the complaints dept speak with me now , and it takes 8-12 weeks at a time for a letter of reply

from what i can see there is now an institutional "Screw You" response and its going nowhere  :-\ and that damn emote reminds me of my crossbite

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
this is not a problem of socialized medicine.
this is a problem of s**tty gvmnts.

Rico

nothing beats polish NHS

triot

What country are you in?

That is the problem with socialized medicine.

It isn't. This wouldn't happen in Germany or any country with high density of maxfac surgeons. And not every socialized healthcare System is the same.

I'm sorry that you have to go through this. :/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:46:20 PM by triot »

Rico

I had surgery in Germany and I ended up badly

triot

I had surgery in Germany and I ended up badly

And this is the fault of the socialized health care of Germany?!