Author Topic: Vincent Carrao DDS MD FACS (In NYC)  (Read 1605 times)

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Vincent Carrao DDS MD FACS (In NYC)
« on: March 21, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »
Anyone ever hear of Vincent Carrao DDS MD FACS ???  Any input?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

RedLips

Re: Vincent Carrao DDS MD FACS (In NYC)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:46:15 AM »
You're in NYC too?

I haven't heard of him, but I'm on the lookout for MaxFax doctors in NYC.

slysurfz

• Private
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »
Hi

I am from NYC too and looking for a great surgeon. I heard about Vincent Carrao from my dentist who says he's great as he was a resident under him. However, I did not see any other information on the internet that would validate him

Its seriously hard to find a good surgeon in this region as the forum are full of West coast Doctors.

I have sleep apnea and and overbite , I need someone who has a track record of this surgery to get this done

If you have had any success please message me

Regards

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:30:24 PM »
I feel like we're dealing with shades of grey with these east coast docs.  There will be those that just get your bite correct, all the way up to ones that focus on an aesthetic result like Gunson or, to a lesser degree IMO, Posnick.  The challenge I see is figuring out exactly how to get one doctor to do, say, Gunson's plan using the same techniques as Gunson would.  Otherwise they'll use bone grafts instead of an HA block, as an example, and you end up with a smaller CCW and/or higher relapse risk as a result. 

This is totally just my sense, but I feel like this guy focuses on 'safe' (conservative) bimax surgeries.