Author Topic: This before and after  (Read 10141 times)

Marco90

This before and after
« on: March 23, 2016, 01:26:14 AM »
How many mm do you think he had downgrafted? I'm scheduled for a 5mm maxilla downgraft in two months so just trying to get an idea of
how much my teeth show will increase.
This result looks pretty amazing to be honest, he also had a bsso.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
Re: This before and after
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 03:14:05 AM »
Insane! But I guess he didn't have CCW? His face got longer --I mean he needed it but i don't want my face to get longer even though i do want more teeth show.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
How many mm do you think he had downgrafted? I'm scheduled for a 5mm maxilla downgraft in two months so just trying to get an idea of
how much my teeth show will increase.
This result looks pretty amazing to be honest, he also had a bsso.

Lazlo is 200% right when he said "amazing".  That looks like his much better looking brother in the after pics.  Can they shorten my face, take away some length instead of adding it?  I'm like the opposite of this guy. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Bobbit

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »
My take on this:

1) Several years older;
2) Teeth in braces for a long time;
3) Lost a lot of baby fat from the face - - probably going through  the last half of puberty (that changes a lot of boney structures.)
4) Very different hair cut;
5) Noticeable Adam's Apple - -  not perceptible in the before pictures - -  due to weight loss and puberty.

This is a great result.  But a significant portion of the result is just getting the teeth fixed and then the difference between boys and young men.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 05:36:27 PM »
Vertical movements produce the most drastic before and afters.

buzzhead

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 06:54:48 PM »
This was the affect my CW 5 mm down graft had on my smile.

Marco90

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 08:42:16 PM »
This was the affect my CW 5 mm down graft had on my smile.

That's good to hear, 5mm doesn't sound like a lot to me but i guess it is.
Would you say you gained a lot of confidence after the operation? Was it worth it for you?

kjohnt

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 12:35:53 AM »
I like this result a lot.

who did his surgery?
Dr. Defrancq - shown in upper center of pictures ;)

strongjawman

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 10:45:17 PM »
In all of the after pictures his face is closer to the camera, thus giving the illusion that his face is much longer in comparison to the before. He looks great though, fantastic result.

Tezcatli

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 02:14:20 AM »
Lazlo is 200% right when he said "amazing".  That looks like his much better looking brother in the after pics.  Can they shorten my face, take away some length instead of adding it?  I'm like the opposite of this guy.

They can shorten the maxilla but sometimes the result isn't that great because the soft tissue remains in the same place. You can also shorten your chin if that is the problem. Shortening the midface(nose area) is not really doable

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 02:28:52 AM »
They can shorten the maxilla but sometimes the result isn't that great because the soft tissue remains in the same place. You can also shorten your chin if that is the problem. Shortening the midface(nose area) is not really doable
There is a paper where a woman had impaction combined with a lip lift. She looked like the Grinch in the before (average length nose).   One of those wow results.

Tezcatli

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »
There is a paper where a woman had impaction combined with a lip lift. She looked like the Grinch in the before (average length nose).   One of those wow results.

Yeah these lip lifts are great but there are possible side effects like loss of sensibility forever.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »
Yeah these lip lifts are great but there are possible side effects like loss of sensibility forever.
Never heard of that after a lip lift -maybe a few months if the muscles are cut (they are also cut during a Lefort i).  Anyway, I now have permanent numbness in my upper lip because the infraorbital nerve was damaged during a Lefort I.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 10:17:46 PM »
Never heard of that after a lip lift -maybe a few months if the muscles are cut (they are also cut during a Lefort i).  Anyway, I now have permanent numbness in my upper lip because the infraorbital nerve was damaged during a Lefort I.

f**k man I didn't realize your outcome was so bad. Is it something that's always bothering you? When my cheekbone got shattered I was numb down the whole left side of my face but as the swelling went down it dissipated and I have complete sensation again thank god. I mean my cheekbone is still in three friggin pieces but I'm doing okay. But it's scary that that can happen with a routine advancement!! You basically never hear of this as a result of lefort 1 advancements. if anything you guys are unscathed. it's the bsso that creates numbnmess usually.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 10:20:15 PM »
listen could we stop arguing about the "reality" of this outcome. it's clear this was one of those guys whose face finally "POPS" as a result of the movements. He was quite odd looking before and the advancement of both jaws and the lengthening of his chin naturalized his facial proportions and there was a nascent "goodlookingness" there that was allowed to express itself finally. So this is 90 percent because of the jaw surgery and maybe 10 percent him being older, losing fat etc . So again, I say great results. Hey if we didn't see results that had such aesthetic potency --and there are quite a few-- would any of us take a risk on this surgery??? Nope. We're all taking a gamble we'll at least achieve that degree of betterment. Right?