Author Topic: I feel so desperate and hopeless  (Read 3910 times)

thinkingme

I feel so desperate and hopeless
« on: March 25, 2016, 04:40:03 AM »
Just searching a lot of cases reading a lot of educational stuff and cant find how i improve my profile. Its like imposibble and outside im looking my friends jaws , teeth they didnt care about them and has a perfect jaws jawlines and teeth.
 Anb angle 8 with protruding maxilla and recessed chin. And my jaw angle is big http://imgim.com/sefoelet.jpg. The problem is if i need jaw surgery they will up my maxilla with bsso ccw but i have no gummy smile. And my molars is high this http://imgim.com/img_20151129_185022.jpg u can see.
i did braces with a random guy who is not orthodontist from http://imgim.com/201incix9720402.jpg to http://imgim.com/img_20140519_210424.jpg in 3 month. Then they elastic and my last teeth problem.
When i had no braces i have recessed chin with big crowded teeth but it was not big problem for me. Maybe crowded teeth camouflaged it. I just want to wider smile with great jaw harmony. But for my opinion any surgery or braces cant do it. Im not so ugly case but im so hard case for great aesthetic.

And i read something mouthbreather profile. Narrow arches crowded teeths deep palate long narrow face with recessed chin. It suits me but im not mouth breather. at age 11 12 i have great profile (with crooked teeths).

The only i find double expansion in internet http://forum.dentalxp.com/case/details/distraction-osteogenesis-orthodontics-a/4479. Im still not sure try some ortho with surgery or without or just give up and trying dont care about looks. There is a question i cant answer . I just send some photos arnett gunson and his secretary said he will contact with gunson. Maybe extraction is necessary with genioplasty or maybe double jaw surgery. She said its hard to say something without models and she was right.

Im afraid my psychological state can get worse. Thinking is hurting more than surgery probably. And feeling ugly is worse than being ugly too.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:13:31 AM by thinkingme »

thinkingme

Re: I feel so desperate and hopeless
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:17:53 AM »
Not big change. I want go surgery but i dont know how and plus i'm scared of surgery. When i decide going surgery 6 months ago going talk with 2 ortho with my family and they refuse me for surgery. its not %100 refuse. One said problem is not jaw is ur chin. Other say problem is ur teeth not jaw. Then start searching and desperate times.

Talking online with 2 surgeons they say double jaw surgery and i scare. Im feeling better when im not looking my side profile at photos. I said i dont have any problem my front profile. I just want good jaw harmony with dont worsen front profile. I really dont know how. My only plan at september i will be in istanbul and there is a lot of skilful maxfac surgeon. And i find a ortho who giving some courses with dr arnett.

I still dont know there is problem or they all in my mind.

thinkingme

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 12:20:41 PM »
Why don't you send me some pictures?
I can give you my opinion but really, even if it's just in your mind it doesn't matter what others think.
What do you expect to achieve through this surgery? More luck with women, a better job, not getting bullied etc?
There are always some underlying reasons for people who feel depressed and believe Surgery will deal with their problems.
It sounds weird but i never feel had real problem with my jaw.I just realize how bad it was 8-9 month ago after braces out. And maybe it sounds weird too its not important what other people think. I had never real selfesteem problem with talking. My problem is me. Maybe its so philosophic but i will live with me forever. And if '' me '' dont accept or love myself it will be real problem.

Real reason is i used braces for fixing teeth not worsen teeth and jaw harmony. And when u see ur braces fail i just decide surgery for fixing everything.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:47:34 PM by thinkingme »

LyraM45

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »
If you think the problem is emotional and "you," I think you're better off talking to a therapist as part of your surgery quest.  Some times people who tend to have body image issues are looking for a fix all with this surgery, and I'm sorry, but you're not guaranteed to not only get it, but you could also see some aesthetic changes that you don't like.  Then you'll be in and even worse position post op with more dissatisfaction than what you started with.  And if you don't have a jaw problem, you risk giving yourself one when you introduce surgery in to the mix.  You need to be able to love yourself for you now and be prepared that things may not turn out exactly like you're picturing and get this switch flipped and life will be dramatically different after this surgery.  It would def help if you talk to a therapist or a mental health professional as part of your consults and research in to all of this.

thinkingme

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 10:45:05 AM »
If you think the problem is emotional and "you," I think you're better off talking to a therapist as part of your surgery quest.  Some times people who tend to have body image issues are looking for a fix all with this surgery, and I'm sorry, but you're not guaranteed to not only get it, but you could also see some aesthetic changes that you don't like.  Then you'll be in and even worse position post op with more dissatisfaction than what you started with.  And if you don't have a jaw problem, you risk giving yourself one when you introduce surgery in to the mix.  You need to be able to love yourself for you now and be prepared that things may not turn out exactly like you're picturing and get this switch flipped and life will be dramatically different after this surgery.  It would def help if you talk to a therapist or a mental health professional as part of your consults and research in to all of this.

Yeah i know this problem its body dismorphobic disorder or face dd. This is why im consufed. Maybe they are all in my head but i can see a problem in side photos and cepholemetric. when i open a thread in surgery questions section everyone said u can get surgery there is no doubt. But problem is i have already long face and big head skull. Maybe if they fix jaw problem then i get bigger problem like bigger and longer head. And i need maxillar impaction for fixing lower jaw but i have no big gummy smile. and molar relationships class 1 they are tilted naturally. Im loving myself when i m with friends or family . When im alone ithink this problems and searching it like 2-3 hour day.