Author Topic: any of you tried fat????  (Read 13397 times)

Lazlo

• Private
any of you tried fat????
« on: April 04, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »
fat

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bobbit

Re: any of you tried fat????
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
fat

And a mole removed - -  and .... and .... some work on her neck below the chin . . .  and some make-up.   

With that all in mind :  fat grafting - -  using current technology for processing the self-donated fat tissue - - and in the hands of a very skilled and experienced surgeon - - can do a lot of good.   A whole lot of good.  And done right - -  it lasts .  Yes,  a portion will be re-absorbed,  but only a portion.  The rest will stay there.   

LOT better than fillers, etc.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »
And a mole removed - -  and .... and .... some work on her neck below the chin . . .  and some make-up.   

With that all in mind :  fat grafting - -  using current technology for processing the self-donated fat tissue - - and in the hands of a very skilled and experienced surgeon - - can do a lot of good.   A whole lot of good.  And done right - -  it lasts .  Yes,  a portion will be re-absorbed,  but only a portion.  The rest will stay there.   

have you tried it Bobbit? I thought maybe they reshaped her jawline with the fillers and that's why she doesn't have that loose skin. I found this example off of real self and there are some great examples there. I'm at the age where I definitely have some volume loss under my eyes and temple areas.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »
she went from looking 46 to looking 30.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
she went from looking 46 to looking 30.
  Wow those are some amazing results!!
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Tezcatli

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »

I agree itnis better than fillers but there are also problems. Fat can cause lumps which are very hard to remove. Fillers are completely reversible

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 02:16:55 PM »
I agree itnis better than fillers but there are also problems. Fat can cause lumps which are very hard to remove. Fillers are completely reversible

So could you do your whole face as this woman did with fillers first to see how it might look and then a year later get fat? Dr. Sam Lam says to achieve the optimal look he does fat and fillers at the same time as fat lacks more refined sculpting.

Also I'm so unsure of how much fat stays. I have a friend who got fat done four different times by surgeons as seemingly experienced as Dr. Marten in san francisco and Dr. Guyron and it's never stayed. NOT ANY OF IT. And it's not like he's running marathons or something.

Tezcatli

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »
So could you do your whole face as this woman did with fillers first to see how it might look and then a year later get fat? Dr. Sam Lam says to achieve the optimal look he does fat and fillers at the same time as fat lacks more refined sculpting.

Also I'm so unsure of how much fat stays. I have a friend who got fat done four different times by surgeons as seemingly experienced as Dr. Marten in san francisco and Dr. Guyron and it's never stayed. NOT ANY OF IT. And it's not like he's running marathons or something.

In theory yes...but I don't know if it looks good in real life. I've seen people injecting fillers all over their faces, they look good in pictures but it must be weird in real life as they are putting fillers to simulate bone or muscle instead of natural fat pads.

About staying, fat stays better in places like under the eyes but tends to vanish in other areas of the face, also genetics.

Bobbit

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:02:16 PM »
have you tried it Bobbit? I thought maybe they reshaped her jawline with the fillers and that's why she doesn't have that loose skin. I found this example off of real self and there are some great examples there. I'm at the age where I definitely have some volume loss under my eyes and temple areas.

I have not.   Some friends of my wife have tried fat grafting verses fillers.  From everything I see,  recent technology fat grafting, which includes some stem cell enhancement,  appears to work rather reliably. 

I am not sure,  but I think the right approach is to plan on at least  two procedures - -  an initial effort and then go back 6-12 months later to "trim out" was earlier done.   That way there can be a deliberate effort to not over do it initially - -   and to evaluate how much is re-sorbed before the final fat grafting.

Bobbit

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
I am thinking about the same procedure because fillers don't seem to stick around the eyes for me. I have two shadows and they only got worse after fillers. But I'm really scared to go to the wrong doctor. Fat transfers are a real art form. The fat has to be removed from the right areas because only a specific type if fat will stick and last if injected.
Some women have horrible results and need to find someone to get fat removed from the whole face which can cost a fortune again. Over three times as much than getting the actual transfers,so be careful.

If anyone found one of those great doctors who can obviously do some miracles without a face lift, let me know.

But I'm really scared to go to the wrong doctor.
   Then go to the right surgeon !   (Sorry,   I know,  much easier said than actually achieved ! )

You are right,  fat grafting certainly does appear to be an art form.   As I mentioned above,  one can avoid the "over done" situation by planning on "under doing it"  or doing it "conservatively"   the first time - -  then planning on a second pass during a later procedure.

At that point,  the surgeon should be able to better assess how you,  the individual,  reacts to a given volume and  what fraction of the initial grafting is re-absorbed and what fraction is fully integrated into your face.

On the other hand, maybe the  best surgeons may not need to plan it that way. 

Bobbit

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 05:43:31 PM »

Laz,

Any more details or information  about the poor outcome with multiple sequential fat grafts by Dr. Marten ?    How long ago was that ? I have heard that there has been some improvement in the last few years in the way the donor fat is processed before being injected.

That guy (Dr. Marten) is really well respected in the plastic surgery world.  He does not post up before and after pictures.  He is one the few surgeons that is so well regarded that he does not have to get into that "game" .

Really curious as to what could have happened to result in four successive fat graft failures on one patient !

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:45 PM »
yeah my friend had fat from him and all i know is, the fat dissipated after the swelling went down, in a bout 3 weeks.

i wonder if dr. sam lam is better, he writes books on fat grafting etc. and says his method sticks. I mean losing 20 percent is fine, but losing all of it is clearly a total failure.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 10:14:56 PM »
And yeah my friend had a facelift with Dr. Marten and the results were very very good. I think it's a good idea to get a facelift early if you need it cause my friends results are also not "done" or "stretched" looking but his face looks rejuvenated (he had lost a lot of weight so had loose skin). Only problem is that a bit of hair grows behidn the ears since the skin from the face is brought back behind the ear. You can get electrolosis or lasers or whatever for that.

I don't need any of that s**t, i just wouldn't mind a bit of fat under my eyes.

Bobbit

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 02:48:22 PM »
yeah my friend had fat from him and all i know is, the fat dissipated after the swelling went down, in a bout 3 weeks.

i wonder if dr. sam lam is better, he writes books on fat grafting etc. and says his method sticks. I mean losing 20 percent is fine, but losing all of it is clearly a total failure.

Something unusual happened with your friend.   That fat has to be re-absorbed by the body.   The more typical 20-30% loss happens over a period of months, not weeks. 

But did i understand you to say that he tried it four different times  ???

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 02:51:58 PM »
yeah he's had fat done four different times and it all got lost within a few months.