Author Topic: any of you tried fat????  (Read 13380 times)

Bobbit

Re: any of you tried fat????
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 04:34:05 PM »
yeah he's had fat done four different times and it all got lost within a few months.

Well - -  four different  fat grafting episodes with a world class plastic surgeon - -  and all of the fat re-absorbed in a few months after each surgery is so extremely rare and unusual,   - -  that his doctor should do a write up and get it published in the plastic surgery journal. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 04:49:59 PM »
no it was with different docs: 2 with Guyron, Schendel and one with Marten.

Is it really that rare? I've heard from dozens of people that say the fat never stuck even a year. At least fat to the face anyway. Why don't you post some pics of some real success stories NOT from doctors websites. I mean I have no idea.

Bobbit

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »
http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/search/review-timothy-marten-san-francisco-t132876.html

One woman says he did a bad Facelift.

there are a few people online who claim he is facing several lawsuits because of botched surgeries. But I can't find the link anymore. It was on Yelp.
It is so so hard to make a right decision these days about your surgeon. Even the best can give you bad results

Ah...   that was about 5 or 6 years ago.  A single report from one patient.   

Compared to a lifetime of uniformly good or great results reported by countless patients.   Marten is one of those rare surgeons that other doctors send their wives to see for plastic work.   In fact,  that is one of he better ways to check out a surgeon.  Find one that other doctors go to !

jusken

• Private
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 05:26:01 PM »
Based on my exhaustive research on fat grafting, generally the skill of the surgeon only amounts to how much they put into a certain area.  The amount that survives is becoming much less surgeon-specific.  Unfortunately, it's just sort of random atm, and usually anywhere between 10-80% survives.  There's a lot of improvement in predictability that needs to happen still - and I'm hopeful will happen in the next couple years.

Bobbit

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »
Based on my exhaustive research on fat grafting, generally the skill of the surgeon only amounts to how much they put into a certain area.  The amount that survives is becoming much less surgeon-specific.  Unfortunately, it's just sort of random atm, and usually anywhere between 10-80% survives.  There's a lot of improvement in predictability that needs to happen still - and I'm hopeful will happen in the next couple years.

I think some surgeons do have different techniques for how the fat is placed.   Some have guarded those techniques.  Most of the reports I have seen is that when it is done properly that almost always more than 50% survives and typically 60-70 % or so.  Ultimately,  it is likely still an art form in many ways.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 09:36:44 PM »
I think some surgeons do have different techniques for how the fat is placed.   Some have guarded those techniques.  Most of the reports I have seen is that when it is done properly that almost always more than 50% survives and typically 60-70 % or so.  Ultimately,  it is likely still an art form in many ways.

Just want to address this and say it's not a guarded secret, and the surgical field just doesn't work this way.  Everyone is using the Coleman method for surgical placement of harvested fat.  That is, small aliquots of fat placed a certain distance apart.   As far as fat harvesting, everyone does something slightly different - and time and time again, research papers confirm that harvesting techniques didn't affect the outcome.

Of course, surgeons themselves claim 50-80% survival, how can you trust their word alone?  Still, as a whole the approval rating of fat grafting has spiked recently and that might be good enough to prove it's working.  I'm still cautious, and with all the claims of fake reviews I'll wait for more scientific research papers to show the data.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 10:10:28 PM »
yeah well just recommend someone good please

talked to my friend again, he said actually it dissipates after 2 months, you can only really tell if it sticks two months later. but honestly, just by looking at him I can't really tell.

Rico

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 03:44:51 PM »
the best way to damage your life ?  go to maxillo-facial surgeon when you really do not need it :(

Fillers are s**t.. I prefer osteotomy... but ....what if your surgeon make mistake in planning :(

jusken

• Private
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 08:58:57 PM »
the best way to damage your life ?  go to maxillo-facial surgeon when you really do not need it :(

Fillers are s**t.. I prefer osteotomy... but ....what if your surgeon make mistake in planning :(

I've had an extreme lack of soft tissue volume around my eyes most of my life, osteotomies can't correct this obviously - just because it's right or best for one person doesn't mean you should throw around generalities this far off.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 09:21:13 PM »
I've had an extreme lack of soft tissue volume around my eyes most of my life, osteotomies can't correct this obviously - just because it's right or best for one person doesn't mean you should throw around generalities this far off.

Cut Rico some slack, he's had a really rough year. Osteotomy is the right fix but it's the wrong surgery. There isn't a right surgery for this problem today, like many illnesses in life the best course of action is acceptance and management, makeup, strengthening other parts of the package, and getting eye lifts when older. Hopefully by that point surgeries with better risk profiles will exist to make it worthwhile to fix this problem. As a bonus, the longer you wait the more aging you get to write off. Unfortunately, it doesn't get you those rock hard erections back from when you were 17.

Rico

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 04:51:45 AM »
ok let's imagine you have fat injection when your wieght is about 60kg  -average men -women  , so 50 - 70kg

what is going to happen when you loose 10kg ?  what is going with that inserted fat ? you become deformed ?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »
ok let's imagine you have fat injection when your wieght is about 60kg  -average men -women  , so 50 - 70kg

what is going to happen when you loose 10kg ?  what is going with that inserted fat ? you become deformed ?
I've heard in some cases it can grow uncontrollably when gaining weight.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »
I've heard in some cases it can grow uncontrollably when gaining weight.

I've heard the same, but with all the fat transfers being performed, you'd think this would be more well documented.  I'm inclined to think this has a small incidence.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »
http://www.cellr4.org/article/1118

I found this online related to M. Raffaini from Italy.
I really hate fillers and if you have deep areas to fill on your face, they will cost you a fortune anyway so you need to do fat transfer

wow awesome, i like the sound of this I'd totally go to do it with him.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 02:31:18 PM »
I wanted to add, regarding fillers and any type of procedure.
Doctors should really start to show people's face movements after the procedure. Like a picture of them smiling, one talking and different angles.
These pictures before and after are only there to pull clients but don't give you any realistic idea of what the main procedure will look like.

My experience with fillers, they can look amazing as long you don't move your face. Same with this stupid Double Jaw Surgery. The chin and face look fine, but man my jaw looks huge when I smile and just not right. So it made me sort of insecure and I hate smiling which is really the best in every woman. Also my bottom teeth show when I'm talking---which is an aged look really and it wasn't there before.

Fillers can attract water and your face can look more puffy and awful in the morning, but very nice in the evening.
It is really difficult to inject fillers symmetrically and mostly it shows while you talk or move your face. The fillers then can slightly stick out and look as if they don't belong to the face. I really don't know about fat but think it should not be the case if done correctly.

ALSO: Careful with Under Eye Fillers. I seem to make every experience people want to avoid right now and I went to my Swiss doctor but regretted it later. The fillers have to be injected UNDER the muscle and not just into the eye are or they can be pulled to the side by the muscles. So the wrinkle or shadow in my case I was trying to hide looks even bigger now.
I have seen the worst results from Bad Eye Fillers leading to an aged look for most women. So that is particularly the most difficult area to inject and you really need someone who knows what he's doing.
same with lips. If you inject around the lip area, you will get the awful duck look while some women can actually pull it off. But it certainly looks done and as we know people in today's society judge and you will look insecure if they see you had plastic Surgery.
But it also depends on the people you surround yourself with, although it's like a mind programming and most normal people think that way.
\

interesting tip about needing the filler injected UNDER the muscle for good undereye results! thanks a  lot for that.

let us know if you find some really good people to get fillings with! But yes, I like the idea of fat grafting and i like that raffaini is a max fac so he knows where and what to do for jaw surgery patients.