Author Topic: the highs and lows of plastic surgery  (Read 2527 times)

SJay

the highs and lows of plastic surgery
« on: April 05, 2016, 07:52:26 AM »
removed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:11:10 AM by sj594 »

SJay

Re: the highs and lows of plastic surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 09:13:39 AM »
It was a long thread, listing the various surgeries I'd had, and all the fun that came along with it! After reading it back, I realised there was far too much moaning, not quite what I was shooting for... so the powers that be are more than welcome to can this thing!

SJay

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 12:27:14 PM »
Unless, of course, anyone else wants to chip in with their own tales.

SJay

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 05:02:59 PM »
I can relate to the getting botched bit, I had a rhino which I will always regret. I had it revised and it looks okay now, but when people try telling me it looks better than my birth nose, I just can't see it. I thought I had a large nose, but the problem was I had a small chin, nothing wrong with my birth nose. It cost me a fortune to have it fixed, and it looks pretty normal but after everything I'm never going to be able to like it. Sometimes I think about tweaking it again, just to get a little closer to my birth nose, but I guess I just need to stop now and accept it.

So, given all you've been through with it, would you do it again, or would you stay away from cosmetic surgery? I mean, there is a huge financial cost, people judge you for it, you spend a lot of time bruised, swollen and just feeling crappy whilst you recover, it's an emotional roller coaster and a huge additional stress.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 10:07:31 PM »
Since you guys are experts on PS do fillers actually work? I mean do they really smooth out your wrinkles or give you fuller cheekbones and stuff? All the before and after photos I see either are taken with different light OR I can't even tell a difference.

As a guy SKj do fillers work?

SJay

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:46:16 AM »
I only have experience with it in the nose, as I had a little to hide the scoop I was left with after the primary. It's absolutely fine in the bridge of the nose and for fixing dents and such, but it just doesn't last very long. You can start to see it coming down by about three months, and it's virtually all gone by six. They claim it lasts up to twelve months, but the amount remaining beyond six is negligible. I they they're okay to hide minor irregularities, fix a scooped bridge or low radix, but not for tip work, plus they just don't last which is frustrating and can become an expensive habit.