Author Topic: Please analyze my profile  (Read 3358 times)

Sassa

Please analyze my profile
« on: April 16, 2016, 09:26:03 AM »
Hi,

Not happy at all with my profile. I'm not really sure whether it's my mandibe or chin that's weak. Maybe both?

Would a chin wing be sufficient in getting the horizontal and also the vertical projection needed for my chin? Or should I go for a bimax? One well-known surgeon in UK told me that a genioplasty would give me like 80% of what a bimax would aesthetically. Either way I've booked a chin wing surgery for this summer, but not sure if it's the right choice. Would appreciate any comments.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:46:44 AM by Sassa »

notrain

• Private
Re: Please analyze my profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:48:20 AM »
your mandibular incisors are compensated because the mandible is too short (incisor angle to mandible is 113° vs 90° for a normal lower jaw).

for jaw surgery you would need to extract two lower jaw premolars and pull the entire front back to create an overjet. I had this done and it's very time consuming, you might be happy with a chin wing as it is a quick and easy fix.

Sassa

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:12:51 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

Would a genioplasty/chin wing with like 7-8mm movement both horizontal and vertical be sufficient? Will the labiomental fold be even deeper? Damn, maybe I should go for a bimax. I'm not after the perfect result, just wanna balance out my profile...

Vic

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 11:07:29 AM »
You don't need bimax, your bite looks good. You just need a genioplasty for advancement and height. There's no point paying an extra £10k for bimax if you don't need it with the risks involved.

Sassa

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
Thanks for all the inputs. I'll opt for a genioplasty and then get on with life. No point in obsessing.

SJay

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »
The problem is the mandible isn't extremely flat to begin with, and there is already a mentolabial fold. Advancing will deepen this, although lengthening should also help to curtail the issue. You can also get a little HA paste added to plump out the region and reduce it. I had a 7mm genio recently, my mandible was very flat to begin with and the fold was almost none existent, but my surgeon said it looked deep after advancing, so he added the paste.

Sassa

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 11:54:14 AM »
I'll certainly have that in mind. Actually a surgeon told me a graft from the hip would be used, but maybe I missunderstood.

SJay

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »
Sure, that would be good too, perhaps even better. I guess different surgeons are comfortable with different materials.

Vic

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »
Mate, the increase in height and the advancement will give you a balanced mentolabial fold on it's own