Author Topic: Double Jaw Surgery with Gunson Countdown!  (Read 21310 times)

Cmonster

• Private
Double Jaw Surgery with Gunson Countdown!
« on: April 11, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
Hi everyone :)

Its final countdown time for me, Im having double jaw surgery in two weeks with Dr.Gunson. Im going to be taking a bit of a hiatus from the boards, but I will be blogging so message me there or shoot me a personal pm/email if you have specific questions! Im very excited and nervous in the same go. Thank you to everyone here, who has been kind, helpful, and so resourceful. I've learned probably a BIT too much lol but insightful regardless!

Take care :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:04:44 PM by Cmonster »
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Marisama

• Private
Re: Double Jaw Surgery with Gunson Countdown!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:17:43 PM »
Good luck!  Nothing to be nervous about, really! 

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:05:07 PM »
Good luck!  Nothing to be nervous about, really! 

Says the guy who is post op with an amazing result :) Thank you though!
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

x

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »
Best of luck! can't wait to hear how things went

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
Good Luck!

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 05:30:35 PM »
I'm jealous in a strange way.  Maybe it's the time off work that I'm missing.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 05:36:18 PM »
I'm jealous in a strange way.  Maybe it's the time off work that I'm missing.

Oh my god......you are my idol

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 05:54:44 PM »
???

You have a great attitude and seem so positively pleased with your surgery outcome .   That is my hope as it is for others too.

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 06:00:24 PM »
I've dealt with jaw pain and issues for so long and I'm so happy that the whole process is coming to a close.  It was the best decision I've ever made and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Glad I could help out in any way.

Good luck Cmonster.  Pop a Valium, or two.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 02:24:13 AM »
Hi everyone :)

Im happy that some of you left something nice to say. I've been kind of away from the boards and periodically updating my blog. Im just over two weeks post op! I have A LOT of thoughts about this so far, but week one hasnt been too tough, week two has been much more difficult. Oh the many things I've been through, nothing has been as testing as this has been for me thus far. Like when you are waiting for it - you poke and prod at the before and afters, you wonder what your face will become, but actually going through it, its tough. The liquid diet is something you wish uon your enemy lol- I get burnt out easily so Im really struggling to find foods that taste okay in the blender, for some reason everything tastes off lol.

I'll be posting here more often, so long as everyone's nice :) if you have any questions please ask away!

CK

• Private
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 02:38:17 AM »
try the imagine soups.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 04:12:36 AM »
Chocolate instant breakfasts

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
Hey guys thanks for the suggestions- Im MAD picky and being away from home is making this a pinch difficult, its all good.

I think the hardest part is that you are committed once you do this - its not like during the recovery you can bail or take a few days off, when you're in it you are in it. How do I say this, the more severe and debilitating your teeth/jaws were before surgery the more rewarding it feels even with all the struggle imo, the less you had pre-op it can get hard some nights to not flip out if that makes sense.
Sleeping on my back is not natural for me (I tried for weeks pre-op and could barely sleep) so yeah sleeping upright makes me MAD lol, the liquid diet gets inundating things that I loved eating pre-op like pad thai or pho taste terrible in the blender. The individual elements make it taste wonderful and PLEASE never blend a donut you will hate yourself. What else, I dont really know anyone here so I've felt a bit isolated and havent gone out much because I dont want people staring at my uneven basketball like face so that might be contributing to it all. Just overall its easy to get frustrated and burnt out. Before starting this whole process, I knew this was not going to be easy and you prepare yourself mentally, but actually being within it is different.
Having a strong support network is so key and allowing yourself to break down and let those emotions rise to the surface, as visitors, but ONLY that and know its part of the healing process.

I dont mind talking or posting here, if someone says something nasty I'll break their legs then move to the private forum Im fair like that. ;)

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 09:13:14 PM »
So on Saturday, day 17 I started feeling more energy and that was probably due to drinking a ton more fluids and getting more sleep in. I hope the worst is behind me :). Swelling has gone down, bruising is mostly gone, there is little to no pain except with my right joint and Im only taking pain meds at night to sleep. I have an appointment tomorrow so it will be interesting to see where I am on the progress scale. The only thing that is bugging me is this weird lump about 2 inches away from my chin-  infection has been ruled out since there is no fever, no foul taste or smell, and I've extended my round of antibiotics and its still there. I'll press on what that is. I hope whatever it is goes away. Either way Im marking each day down on the calendar as a day of progress and one day down to eating REAL FOOD. Its moving along :)