Author Topic: Double Jaw Surgery with Gunson Countdown!  (Read 21295 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Double Jaw Surgery with Gunson Countdown!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »
damn homey, that sounds f**king HARD. Congrats on being such a hard man. It's inspiring, I'll go through your posts when I'm wanting to off myself. I realize I'm such a f**king wimp when it comes to pain and debilitation of this sort, but I'll read these posts as inspiration.

mec

• Private
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:58 PM »
Cmonster, how is the numbness below your mouth and around your chin doing (the red area in your photo on your blog)? Is it getting better?

I am numb in the same area and like you did at one point have some random tingling and feeling there from time to time but not full feeling yet. Just wondering how and if yours has gotten better over the last few weeks.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 07:15:03 PM »
Cmonster, how is the numbness below your mouth and around your chin doing (the red area in your photo on your blog)? Is it getting better?

I am numb in the same area and like you did at one point have some random tingling and feeling there from time to time but not full feeling yet. Just wondering how and if yours has gotten better over the last few weeks.

Hi Mec,

Im heading into week 9 and most of my face has sensation, its still kind of weird in the cheeks/lower jaw area...
With that red area when I run my finger on my lip and right below it reminds me of this like an electrical ball where it trails your finger.... and it tingles... my chin is a little less receptive to sensation but it tingles when I touch it. Kind of when you sit on your leg and it gets that prickly feeling... I dont know how else to explain it. How far along are you mec and did you lower jaw/genio?

[attachment deleted by admin]
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

mec

• Private
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 06:02:33 AM »
Hi Mec,

Im heading into week 9 and most of my face has sensation, its still kind of weird in the cheeks/lower jaw area...
With that red area when I run my finger on my lip and right below it reminds me of this like an electrical ball where it trails your finger.... and it tingles... my chin is a little less receptive to sensation but it tingles when I touch it. Kind of when you sit on your leg and it gets that prickly feeling... I dont know how else to explain it. How far along are you mec and did you lower jaw/genio?

I'm 3 weeks post op now. Last weekend the feeling fully came back in the left side of my chin but the right side feels exactly as you described. It tingles and I can feel my finger run across it in a way and I can feel pain in the area so I hope it's on the way back.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
I'm 3 weeks post op now. Last weekend the feeling fully came back in the left side of my chin but the right side feels exactly as you described. It tingles and I can feel my finger run across it in a way and I can feel pain in the area so I hope it's on the way back.

Thats wonderful news!! Hooray! :D Hopefully it will all come back shortly. Yeah its weird how it feels when you run your finger, it tingles and it hurts a fair bit. Still no change in sensation for me, I hope Im not damned. :/
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 08:17:44 PM »
Cmonster

I Keep checking your blog for more updates :)

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
Cmonster

I Keep checking your blog for more updates :)

Kristen IM THE WORST haha,  I keep writing but never finalizing and posting till someone yells at me, :)

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 09:48:34 PM »
hi metal and mascara, is there anyway to DM you?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 11:00:04 PM »
I know her personally.
She's disappeared entirely...doesn't respond to texts, phone calls, etc.
She was very upset about her result. I don't think you're going to get a response.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 11:21:59 PM »
I know her personally.
She's disappeared entirely...doesn't respond to texts, phone calls, etc.
She was very upset about her result. I don't think you're going to get a response.

Jesus Christ, another Gunson disaster. I mean that red-haired woman scared me. Now this. GJ, can you telll us why she was upset? I mean was it an aesthetic issue, numbness, some other sort of disaster? As someone who is thinking about a revision, I'm getting more and more scared about things.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 11:27:48 PM »
Jesus Christ, another Gunson disaster. I mean that red-haired woman scared me. Now this. GJ, can you telll us why she was upset? I mean was it an aesthetic issue, numbness, some other sort of disaster? As someone who is thinking about a revision, I'm getting more and more scared about things.

She was upset about how she looked, and she was upset about her bite. It was causing her terrible headaches because the back teeth hit first (she said the teeth cracked). I'm concerned about her. She's vanished for over a year now.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2019, 11:34:50 PM »
She was upset about how she looked, and she was upset about her bite. It was causing her terrible headaches because the back teeth hit first (she said the teeth cracked). I'm concerned about her. She's vanished for over a year now.

Oh my god, I'm reading her last post and it's actually making me feel nauseous. I probably need to quit this site for a while. Famous last words.
This is the last statement she's made on her predicament:
http://metalandmascara.blogspot.com/2014/02/hi-again-month-10-post-op-month-27-in.html

You know, I'm beginning to realize getting into this surgery has ruined my life. For real. I mean it's robbed a decade from me, and I'm not exaggerating. I was on this site back in 2013 when she was talking about her surgery, that was soon after I had found out that my bicuspid extractions were a horrible mistake. I was 6 f**king years younger then!

Wow. I'm realizing this has got to stop. I don't think I can trust Gunson to pull off some kind of magic solution to my problem. I doubt his abilities are so vastly better than the norm. I know I've probably been under-advanced, but what more problems might arise if I go through with a revision!?

I wonder what she did. I guess she didn't go forward with a revision? In this post, Gunson seems to say she is still CLASS II after the surgery. Does that mean she relapsed? http://metalandmascara.blogspot.com/2014/02/hi-again-month-10-post-op-month-27-in.html

This is so depressing I don't even have the words.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2019, 11:41:14 PM »
As of February 2018 she hadn't gone through with revision. I really don't know because she completely vanished.
We used to talk for hours on the phone. Very nice human being. I'm concerned.

Yeah, revision is risky.

I know people who have had good revisions, too, though.

april

• Private
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 12:31:56 AM »
Oh my god, I hope she's okay GJ. Her last blog post is so sad and bleak :(

CCW

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 08:27:16 AM »
What red-haired woman?